Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Making Annihilus a major villain after Thanos would be welcome. He has a very Alien, demonic look even. I think you might be right, time period and all, though there is great symbolic meaning to taking them back to November '61, the date of their first comic book.

Still without a total reboot of some sort (which I'm not necessarily against), inserting them in a retro way (Pym is a contemporary of Reed's, before they were lost in space or trapped in suspension by the Inhumans on the Moon, my idea) would be the way to go.

I have no idea how to retro-insert the X-Men under this idea. But if they were acquired by Disney why not a roll of the dice says somehow their universe/reality merges with our (MCU) one? Since this is aftermath of A4, 2020, etc, than it could be the innovative things Marvel claims to be happening. And thus in - story it would be handled more like that (Infinity's Reality Stone), than how they would retro insert the Fantastic Four.

They just wouldn't want both of their insertions to be plot-based the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    As for the FF.....they're easy to introduce. They won't be the First Family anymore, but its not like that ever really mattered.
    If they do the lost for decades route, with the anti-aging thing, you could still maintain their first family status.

Have Michael Douglass cameo and have the guy that played older Howard Stark cameo as hobnobbing with the Richards' back in the early 1970s. Reed could have been sort of like a Neil Degrasse Tyson meets Elon Musk meets Indiana Jones, and Ben Grimm could be like his Race Bannon. They could have just been these Glitterati super scientists that everyone loved.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Making Annihilus a major villain after Thanos would be welcome. He has a very Alien, demonic look even. I think you might be right, time period and all, though there is great symbolic meaning to taking them back to November '61, the date of their first comic book.

Still without a total reboot of some sort (which I'm not necessarily against), inserting them in a retro way (Pym is a contemporary of Reed's, before they were lost in space or trapped in suspension by the Inhumans on the Moon, my idea) would be the way to go.

I have no idea how to retro-insert the X-Men under this idea. But if they were acquired by Disney why not a roll of the dice says somehow their universe/reality merges with our (MCU) one? Since this is aftermath of A4, 2020, etc, than it could be the innovative things Marvel claims to be happening. And thus in - story it would be handled more like that (Infinity's Reality Stone), than how they would retro insert the Fantastic Four.

They just wouldn't want both of their insertions to be plot-based the same way.

If they want to insert the whole FoxVerse Kit-and-Kaboodle then I think they should do it via a take on Secret Wars or the current Worlds Collide story in Avengers. This would also be sort of a way to do X-Men verses Avengers without having to deal make the Avengers look like jackbooted thugs.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

This is also a good thought and idea. 'Cuz it would / could work either way, if they wanted to total reboot or insert-ish/retro-con-ish.

A teaser post credit in one of the final phase 'this' movie shows a Doctor Doom claiming Beyonders powers and pulling together a Battle World and Secret Wars movie or two. With the heroes of both / all cinematic universes . . .
    Maybe the first one is just "Secret Wars" (with or without something more accessible for general movie users also in the title; "Thors: Secret Wars" since the Thor mystery was pretty cool and all) and the second one is Battle World: Avengers vs X-Men, and reimagines Doom's takeover as never ending gladiator combat between Avengers and X-men and all other potential related properties [ This is where a re-tooled Inhumans could shine, with the Quiet Man stuff ]. The Fantastic Four story would show here a bit differently with the entire 4 being excised by Doom rather than co-opted. Their release, by Dr. Strange, begins the plot moving towards the new MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    If they do the lost for decades route, with the anti-aging thing, you could still maintain their first family status.

Have Michael Douglass cameo and have the guy that played older Howard Stark cameo as hobnobbing with the Richards' back in the early 1970s. Reed could have been sort of like a Neil Degrasse Tyson meets Elon Musk meets Indiana Jones, and Ben Grimm could be like his Race Bannon. They could have just been these Glitterati super scientists that everyone loved.
    Yeah, that could work just fine.

Or say that Reed was around back in the day with Howard Stark, Hank Pym, and Peggy Carter's 80's era, but the Richards family doesn't develop powers until the present.

I'm not worried about the FF. There's lots of ways to work them in. Really, it's no different than any other new property the MCU has introduced, unless you want to keep the First Family idea, and that only provides a minor hurdle that is easily leaped. And I don't think you need to keep that idea in the first place for the FF to work.

The mutants present a different kind of challenge, and one that isn't so easily dealt with without going to extremes. I'm sure some clever person at Dis-Marvel could find a cool avenue to use that works, but it seems like a lot of effort for minimal rewards. Seems to me it'd just be easier to keep the mutants in their own world, make quality movies about them, and use multiverse travel for any crossovers between them and the Avengers.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

If no reboot takes place, and the FF are brought into the current MCU, I would not be surprised is Avengers Tower becomes the Baxter Building.

I hope Stan can reprise his role as Willie Lumpkin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    If no reboot takes place...
    They have the best-selling movie franchise of all time going. Why on earth would they pull the plug and reboot?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They have the best-selling movie franchise of all time going. Why on earth would they pull the plug and reboot?
    To be clear, I am not suggesting an immediate reboot. I see nothing broke with the current run, at all.

However, the current run won't last forever. The contracts for various actors are up by the 4th Avengers film. Actors will eventually age out of their roles. RDJ has stated he does not want to play Iron Man indefinitely. A reboot would be the easiest way to bring the FF and X-Men into the main universe.

I still want to see Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Thor Odinson, etc. as main characters. Marvel can go the James Bond route, keep the current continuity, and just use new actors.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    To be clear, I am not suggesting an immediate reboot. I see nothing broke with the current run, at all.

However, the current run won't last forever. The contracts for various actors are up by the 4th Avengers film. Actors will eventually age out of their roles. RDJ has stated he does not want to play Iron Man indefinitely. A reboot would be the easiest way to bring the FF and X-Men into the main universe.

I still want to see Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Thor Odinson, etc. as main characters. Marvel can go the James Bond route, keep the current continuity, and just use new actors.
    Or they can retire the Tony Stark,Steve Rogers etcetera characters, and just keep going.
    James Bond movies and continuity do not belong in the same sentence. For starters, he's not old enough to have been a 00 agent during the cold war.

A reboot would be the easiest way to bring the FF and X-Men into the main universe.
    Did they reboot when they brought in aliens and magic? The FF can just slot in. The X-Men are more troublesome, but I bet that they'd rather keep the X-Men in their own little universe if they think including them in the MCU will cause too much trouble. This isn't WB.
    Last edited by Carabas; 12-06-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Still haven't warmed up to the idea of having mutants in the MCU but I suppose if one wanted to insert then without a reboot the Ultimate route could work. If I remember correctly in the Ultimate universe mutant were created by the government. You could even tie back to SHIELD, or a Hydra faction in SHIELD, and have them play a part in trying create superpowered super soldiers.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Still haven't warmed up to the idea of having mutants in the MCU but I suppose if one wanted to insert then without a reboot the Ultimate route could work. If I remember correctly in the Ultimate universe mutant were created by the government. You could even tie back to SHIELD, or a Hydra faction in SHIELD, and have them play a part in trying create superpowered super soldiers.
    That wouldn't work at all in the MCU becuse natural or man-made, Mutants still started to show up around the same period of time: long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    There is a certain precedence for it with Baron Strucker creating the Maximoff twins with the Mind Stone. Or you could tie it back to Cold War era efforts by a government to re-create the Super Soldier serum. The Ultimate line did that (as was said) and the films do pull from that imprint a lot.

But does that sort of thing fit the theme of the X-Men? It's all about evolution and homo sapiens and homo sapiens superior trying to live together (or wipe each other out). If the mutants are a product of human experimentation, they don't really have a claim on being the next stage of human evolution, they're just lab rats with delusions of grandeur.

I dunno. The MCU employs some really smart people. Far smarter than I. So Im sure someone could find a way to navigate a merger and make it work. But it seems like a lot of effort just so you can have Wolverine in an Avengers movie. Especially when the multiverse concept is already being put into play in the MCU......
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Use the High Evolutionary but alter him or something. Maybe he starts mutant's gene changes somehow, goes to the Past, etc.

I don't get why so many people think the mutants can't just like... be there. MCU started with a grounded Iron Man, then went for sci-fi, then aliens, then magic. They introduced lots of other elements later instead of since the beginning and there was not really any problem. Mutants have been a secret until now, done.

They could even start with most of them as teenagers and say that just now there's an actual considerable mutant population growing and the Xavier School it's a new thing. Say that the X-Gene was dormant until now, when it comes to Wolverine they could even say the Weapon X experiments on him managed to activate it before. If they wanted to retcon Wanda and Pietro, say the Hydra experiments did the same for them. If mutants are supposed to be an evolution of the human race, then it even makes sense for it to be (kind of?) a more recent development.

They could fix all of this by using Kang or the time gem. the Avengers, after their battle, could think that they've returned to their world; saving the day. but there would have been changes to their reality. the paper headlines would say something about anti-mutant hysteria. or there could be a poster on a wall saying 'Magneto Was Right.' stuff like that.