Page 821 of 822 FirstFirst ... 321721771811817818819820821822 LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,315 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does anyone else think Brie Larson's Carol voice makes her sound like a teenager?
    It doesn't quite make her sound like a teenager imo, but yeah it makes her sound like she's a bit younger than she's supposed to... I don't read comics Carol with her voice in mind like I kinda do with certain characters based on their MCU actors.

Does anyone else think Brie Larson's Carol voice makes her sound like a teenager?
    I dunno if "young" is the word I would use. "Soft" definitely though. In my head, I sort of expect Carol to sound like a no-nonsense drill instructor, at least when she's working. And we haven't really heard much of that from Brie. The film itself could be totally different of course, and I feel like there was at least one line of dialogue where I heard what I expected from the character (though I cant recall what the line was now).

We'll see. Marvel has rarely let us down with casting.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Yeah, I definitely have always imagined Carol sounding much tougher than Brie, but in the bigger scheme of things, it's not really something that'll bother me if the actress can deliver a good performance.

From everything I've heard from the people who saw the clips in Brazil, Brie is pretty awesome as Carol.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Fantastic Member

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/12...-championship/

Exclusive Captain Marvel Preview during the NCAA Championship on Jan, 7th
    Last edited by Distraction; 12-29-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

How were the post DeConnick Carol books? I just picked up the series with Anka on art, and wondering if I would like Mighty and Life Of.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Ha ha my brother said the same thing when he saw the trailer. Idk

She sounds like normal woman to me

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    How were the post DeConnick Carol books? I just picked up the series with Anka on art, and wondering if I would like Mighty and Life Of.
    Life of Captain Marvel is better than Mighty Captain Marvel, although I found the book to be fine (it had a subplot I disliked that was dropped relatively quickly and the book also seemed derailed by Secret Empire but did its best). Did you like the Butters and Fazekas Captain Marvel run? I found Margaret Stohl's run to be about on par. There's also the Civil War II issues, which are adequate. IMO, their strength is they humanize Carol during a period she isn't overly likable.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Life of Captain Marvel is better than Mighty Captain Marvel, although I found the book to be fine (it had a subplot I disliked that was dropped relatively quickly and the book also seemed derailed by Secret Empire but did its best). Did you like the Butters and Fazekas Captain Marvel run? I found Margaret Stohl's run to be about on par. There's also the Civil War II issues, which are adequate. IMO, their strength is they humanize Carol during a period she isn't overly likable.
    I just bought them on eBay. They haven’t arrived yet.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

I enjoyed them. There are periods were the story is interrupted by events, but not too a massive degree, and what is there is really good. The interactions between her and Alpha Flight members, and then her hometown go a long way to making her look more human.

Mighty is rather meh imo, but it might be worth a try. I really liked Life of, I thought it was the best thing with Carol since KSD's run.

I might have to reread DeConnick’s run again. I remember not really caring for the first series.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Incredible Member

I might have to reread DeConnick’s run again. I remember not really caring for the first series.
    Interesting, I though the first series was so much better than the second one. On paper the second series sounded great with Carol going to space but somehow it turned out really bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Interesting, I though the first series was so much better than the second one. On paper the second series sounded great with Carol going to space but somehow it turned out really bland.
    Honestly, I really only remember the first storyline from that book, and I just could not get into it. I would have to take a second read through to see if my mind has changed.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 12-30-2018 at 10:46 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles: