Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, any sensible dev can easily give Wolverine's skillset to Black Panther, Mr Fantastic's to Ms. Marvel, and Rogue's to Captain Marvel.
    Captain Marvel looks like she has some of Jean's movest. Also there is no Mr Fantastic moves, no FF member has ever been in Marvel vs Capcom.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I really don't understand why Marvel wouldn't want to give the Netflix characters a chance in a game like this.

Kamala would have attacks like Dhalsim from Street Fighter, sans the Yoga Fire.

I think it's kinda bullshit that the roster is bad because of X-Men. Why isn't Black Widow on it? She has been the most prominent female character on the MCU. Why is Black Panther only a DLC, when his movie is coming out soon??? etc

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Think there's something to be said when the removal of the X-Men also limits the diversity too.

But let's be honest. Among the FGC, gameplay is king. If Black Panther plays like Wolverine, they won't care that Wolverine's not in the game, for example. Most who care about what characters are in the game likely won't seriously play the game past a couple months, but members of the FGC will. This game's catered to them, first and foremost, and I think despite Marvel's obvious limitations as to which characters will be used, Capcom will at least try to retain the gameplays of those lost if they're smart.
    Are you the guy working for Capcom who said no one will care about the X-Men because other characters can do what they do? Lol. I think that's completely stupid. The biggest appeal of a Marvel game that makes them different from any other random fight game is that they have these known famous characters from movies and comics. I'm pretty sure there's gonna be lots of people buying it cause they saw Iron Man on the cover instead of because they're interested on the mechanics. Not only pro-players buy games.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

"MARVEL DOESN'T THINK FEMALE CHARACTERS ATTRACT PLAYERS"

What if, in general, they're right? Not because they are male, but because they are more popular. People forget that these are businesses and that their job is to make money. Why Marvel Comics is currently content to lose money is an anomaly. But, if it leads to comics that you enjoy more, you're certainly welcome to embrace it and reward Marvel with your cash! Just don't be surprised when other fans do the same for what they like.
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it's kinda bullshit that the roster is bad because of X-Men. Why isn't Black Widow on it? She has been the most prominent female character on the MCU. Why is Black Panther only a DLC, when his movie is coming out soon??? etc

Are you the guy working for Capcom who said no one will care about the X-Men because other characters can do what they do? Lol. I think that's completely stupid. The biggest appeal of a Marvel game that makes them different from any other random fight game is that they have these known famous characters from movies and comics. I'm pretty sure there's gonna be lots of people buying it cause they saw Iron Man on the cover instead of because they're interested on the mechanics. Not only pro-players buy games.
    Look, I'm not happy about Marvel excluding characters because of their petty feud with Fox either, but we're going to have to live with that whether we like it or not, so I'm trying to rationalize it best I can.

And the FGC is actually a pretty big community and their tournaments bring in a lot of money over years. The flash value might be what sells the initial game, but the community is what keeps the game popular. I mean, there are still sizable tournaments for Smash Bros: Brawl...

And Marvel's been sure to include their money magnets already. The biggest characters who are missing (right now) are Wolverine and Deadpool, but I suppose Marvel feels like having their other characters make up for it.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

It's disappointing to not have She-Hulk again with so much brought over from MvC3, and with the focus on the MCU no Black Widow, or Scarlet Witch is baffling when they can each can be both visually and functionally fun with Nat's strikes combined with acrobatic grappling moves and Scarlet Witch's magic being able to do anything. I really hope the launch roster is larger

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post

What if, in general, they're right? Not because they are male, but because they are more popular. People forget that these are businesses and that their job is to make money. Why Marvel Comics is currently content to lose money is an anomaly. But, if it leads to comics that you enjoy more, you're certainly welcome to embrace it and reward Marvel with your cash! Just don't be surprised when other fans do the same for what they like.
    Well they are not. People are shocked and against this roster. And want more female characters asap. There are many they would gladly pay for.

And even if that WERE the case, 4 out of 36 is still unacceptable and there are many characters in that roster that simply weren't even asked for.

Having Winter Soldier over Black Widow is a joke.

What an odd list.

Nova is a random choice. They seem to push him a lot yet he never seems important in the comics (or outside the comics either).

Do the developers have a thing for Dormammu? I mean, sheesh.

It amuses me that Ghost Rider is still a thing in these video games. Is he honestly more popular than Black Widow or She-Hulk? I mean, really.

In general it's a pretty small list considering the series is known for having huge rosters. It is pretty aggravating that the list of females is so short yet the past games have all had a decent amount. But whatever, I prefer Injustice anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Well they are not. People are shocked and against this roster. And want more female characters asap. There are many they would gladly pay for.

And even if that WERE the case, 4 out of 36 is still unacceptable and there are many characters in that roster that simply weren't even asked for.

Having Winter Soldier over Black Widow is a joke.
    Why is it a joke? He was the center of arguably Marvel's best movie and a very popular character.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    What an odd list.

Nova is a random choice. They seem to push him a lot yet he never seems important in the comics (or outside the comics either).

Do the developers have a thing for Dormammu? I mean, sheesh.

It amuses me that Ghost Rider is still a thing in these video games. Is he honestly more popular than Black Widow or She-Hulk? I mean, really.

In general it's a pretty small list considering the series is known for having huge rosters. It is pretty aggravating that the list of females is so short yet the past games have all had a decent amount. But whatever, I prefer Injustice anyway.
    Nova and Ghost Rider were popular to play with in the last game (Nova especially), and they already have player models for them so after the cuts Marvel made them do, Capcom probably figured they should salvage some of what worked since Magneto, Storm, Wolverine, Deadpool, Sentinel etc. won't be part of this game.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 07-10-2017 at 10:11 AM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

What? Marvel never heard of a popular game called Overwatch?

I mean yeah, the roster just sucks in general. They could have easily used Kate as Hawkeye. But it is what it is.
    Personally, I would like some more gay characters in fighting games. So far we have Kung Jin in Mortal Kombat and... *shrugs*
    #EmmaWasRight

Given the relationship between Marvel and the companies that have the film rights to a handful of their franchises, the horrible PR from Marvel and Capcom, Capcom's horrendous fighting game streak (Street Fighter V being bar bones as hell, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 coming out less than a year after MvC3, Street Fighter x Tekken having DLC on the disc and a few other things) not an ounce of this is surprising. Furthermore, everyone knows female characters attract players whether for their surface value (waifus) or just recognition, including Capcom. Capcom is just stupid. Marvel is too.

BANNED

To be fair, Capcom has launched a lot of new content for SFV. It isn't as barebones as it was.

But the roster sucks.

Capcom's side is just as bad as Marvel. Plenty of female characters to put in the base roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    They have no desire to push TV characters in the games. So I'M not sure why you listed all those names when Wasp has a much higher chance than them for DLC, close to the movie.
    Yet all active games tied with Daredevil and Jessica Jones releases. Also I excluded Wasp because Ant-Man is likely in and considering Capcom's track record they only add characters with similar powersets if they are headswaps.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post

Fighting games are the game genre where female characters are at least as popular as the male characters.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

You gotta give them credit.

After all their VS games where one side of the divide would be dissatisfied, they managed to go beyond the impossible and make a roster that pretty much pisses off everybody.

For me personally, while I don't hate the roster, the recent developments of this game have caused to to go from hyped, to being uninterested. I don't hate what's going on with the game, I just don't give a damn anymore. Especially after bearing witness to the utter nightmare and land of hellish ghouls and demons known as...the MVCI Gamefaqs Board.