Page 245 of 434 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 6499

The second team is cooler than the first

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Dammit, Land. lol
    IKR!?
    I would have preferred Coipel or...even the Dodsons for some Rogue goodness. (Seeing all the other costumes just makes me hate Jim Lee's design even more.)

On another note...with regards to the O5, no one seems interested in referencing their X-Factor looks (which I loved).
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-16-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Here’s both covers combined....my one issue is that we were robbed of Molina drawing Bishop’s package.

Love this a lot, but I feel like Kitty, Emma and Bishop should have made it as well.

IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    A couple of the gals are little long in the leg buuuuuuut... IS BEAUTIFUL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Love this a lot, but I feel like Kitty, Emma and Bishop should have made it as well.
    Definitely Bishop and maybe Kitty but not Emma. I think this is supposed to evoke an early 90s feel and Emma wasnt with the X-men then.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    That is certainly possible. I took Magneto's presence as being the result of the humans sending agents that were not actually delegates, but were instead sent to gather intel. But he could have just as easily been sent by Xavier because Xavier knew he'd deliver the intended message with a heavy hand.

I don't know if I think that shows weakness on their part.....I get what you're saying, and it may. But I also kind of seeing it as someone who has the upper hand simply pointing it out.

As for Moira....we'll see. She hasn't been introduced to the story post her faked death, so exactly what role she is playing is still unclear. Is she actively involved? Do Xavier and Magneto know she is not dead? Or is she out their somehow pursuing her own agenda? It's unclear at this point, although I'd be surprised if she wasn't involved.
    Surely House of M is House of Moira?
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    That is certainly possible. I took Magneto's presence as being the result of the humans sending agents that were not actually delegates, but were instead sent to gather intel. But he could have just as easily been sent by Xavier because Xavier knew he'd deliver the intended message with a heavy hand.

I don't know if I think that shows weakness on their part.....I get what you're saying, and it may. But I also kind of seeing it as someone who has the upper hand simply pointing it out.

As for Moira....we'll see. She hasn't been introduced to the story post her faked death, so exactly what role she is playing is still unclear. Is she actively involved? Do Xavier and Magneto know she is not dead? Or is she out their somehow pursuing her own agenda? It's unclear at this point, although I'd be surprised if she wasn't involved.
    I think they should at least suspect she isnt dead considering the timeline hasnt reset. I know Xavier could assume that maybe this is the 10th and final one that Destiny predicted but he has the means to scan the globe to find out if in fact she is truly gone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Has Emma been drawn wearing the training uniform?

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'm enjoying counting if Rogue has a different bust size to match every costume she has on that cover.

Also, given how this story is playing out, are we officially stuck with Wi-Fi moving forward? I ask because currently it looks like a thousand years from now the Phalanx might make mutants ascend, and there are maybe 2 humans left. Which would be make the Askani timeline that he comes from (and is supposed to go back to) invalid as none of this happened in the that timeline's past. I was kinda hoping we'd get grizzly Nate again, but if that timeline is gone then I guess not.
    X^3 is not 1000 years ahead, it is ‘a number of’ thousands of years ahead. Anything under 10k basically fits in that bracket.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    Yes, Hickman explored different assimilations except he replaced the X-men traditional RACIAL issue by hardcore sci-fi concepts of assimilation(machines-alien) which it's not the core of the X-men's stories because assimilation is NOT what X-men are talking about! I read Morrison too and he moved forward their ideology that's true because it can't be the same repetition of the same concept again and again because the world has changed. If we make a parallel with the real world they should be in the "integration phase" which is the true assimilation in the society. Instead of that he(Hicky) regressed them in an hardcore isolationism ideology! ALL WHAT THEY HAVE DONE SO FAR ARE IRRELEVANT!!! In fact, Hickman didn't respect all the characters' development and mutants stories. The retcon of Moira didn't make sense. Prof X and Magneto are aware of the future and they acted like idiots all along??? In this own thread, people talk and re-talk about the decision X or Mags had made during their stories and the only that comes to your mind is IT'S ILLOGICAL! Hickman had just created the BIGGEST MESS EVER FOR THE FRANCHISE! Everyone here are BLIND by the arts and/or by the fact their favorite heroes will show in the event or after!
    1)It's not like the FIRST TIME X and Mags work together as I know!
    2)Merging with Cerebro seems very suspicious and anyone suspect he controls the mutants! So, it's not a good point.
    3)It's not the 1st time they work with humans since the beginning it's the case! This offering seems suspicious too.
    4)Living on Krakoa a good thing? Seriously? The same island who tried to kill them and wanted to use them as food!
    5)The more WTF alliance for me: all the good & bad organization together VS the mutants? All these people can't bear each other and they live a bromance now.
    6)Cypher love merging with creepies if you want my opinion!
    7)This is a possibility.
    8)This future sucks for everyone(human-mutants-aliens and I don't know why he need to incorporate machines in this). We saw further futures than this one and it's not so lifeless.
    9)Amalgation characters are the laziest thing to do! They have no real development and personality so far!
    10)Cyclops with his own vision is the BEST Cyclops so far! People love him like that for so long, so no SUBDOG Cyclops for me, thanks!
    11)I HATE PHALANX! This is one of the WORST creation of the 90's! NO NO NO AND NO!!!
    12)HoX doesn't need PoX to be understood! In fact reading PoX is USELESS! Many readers, here, want to zap PoX and focus on HoX instead of the combo. So, I'm not the only one who find it a waste of time & money! Only the issues of revelation are really relevant(the red ones).
    Keep in mind, just because the examples are cited are thematic examples of Hickman's theme of assimilation for the X-Men doesn't mean that each and every one of them are good things within the context of the story. In fact, you could say some of them are potentially frightening under certain contexts.

1) This is correct. It's not the first time Xavier and Magneto have set aside their differences in order to work together. What it does suggest, however, is that events throughout X-Men history may have been far more orchestrated than we thought.
    2)Of course it's suspicious. And yes, the idea that Xavier may be mentally manipulating other mutants and telepathically spying on the rest of the world is a very logical assumption to make.
    3) Again, there are indeed definite red flags involved. It's clearly a pacifying measure because, as the data pages show, mutants will replace and become the dominant species on Earth within twenty years regardless. Magneto pretty told those "ambassadors" in House of X #1 that the mutants have already won and are Earth's new rulers simply because of this.
    4) Didn't say it was necessarily good. In fact, that whole sequence where the X-Men are coming out of those Krakoa seed pods, with Professor X smiling and saying, "To me, my X-Men." Very, very disturbing. Very Invasion of the Body Snatchers, as well.
    5) Well, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" is, technically, a kind of assimilation. One in which, despite their ideological differences, they're coming together against what they perceive as a common threat. The X-Men and the Brotherhood are doing the same thing.
    6) Again, the fact that it is creepy might be Hickman's point in the case for Cypher.
    7) Yep.
    8) To be fair, it wouldn't be X-Men if a dark possible future didn't tie in somehow.
    9) Yes, I do agree that, from a character standpoint, the Chimeras are very much archetypes rather than fully-fleshed out characters. That, as I said in my review of Powers of X #1, was one the major downsides I had with that book, even though I still liked it.
    10) Oh, I do agree that Cyclops did become way more interesting when he breaks with his foster dad, Charles.
    11) Most comics from the 1990s sucked. Most characters from the 1990s sucked too. But it doesn't mean that all those characters from the 1990s will always suck. Besides, I don't think we're supposed to be a-okay with the idea of these post-human mutants wanting to voluntarily become part of the Phalanx collective.
    12) Oh, I think it would've made much more sense to have just called the whole thing House of X, too. But again, Hickman seems to have wanted to extend his assimilation themes by offering two different titles that are, in fact, one twelve part series.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

BANNED

Here’s both covers combined....my one issue is that we were robbed of Molina drawing Bishop’s package.

I started The Boys this week and the only way I can compliment this is
    This is fucking diabolical.
    I love you Jorge. You keep on going you sexy drawing machine.

Is it just me, or is there an optical illusion that makes Xavier look like he has hair in that picture.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    X^3 is not 1000 years ahead, it is ‘a number of’ thousands of years ahead. Anything under 10k basically fits in that bracket.
    OK, I'm with you there on amount of years. So if that fits the bracket, then X^2 is a number of hundreds of years (below 1K) and it looks like humanity has mostly merged with machines. And Apocalypse is still alive, but not the antagonistic ruler of Earth that is dying. Most mutants live in the Shi'ar Empire. So again, this would be completely different from the other future meaning we're stuck with him.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Only problem with this is that we know the Summers book in the first Wave they are mentioned as "defending Krakoa" or something to that effect. The timeline also specifically calls out House Of X in Life 10. Not saying it doesn't happen elsewhere, but I believe that this is the last ditch effort of Moira using all the scientific knowledge from all of her previous lives (and from Apocalypse) to build whatever they've done in Krakoa. This being said, I've become more in tune to the idea that all of the Dawn books happen post Life 10, during Life 11.
    Dang your well considered facts! But I still think it could all be pointing back to a past life (maybe this is really the missin 6?) It's a very Hickman thing to do. And in the Next life it could be similar to what we see then she causes the divergence at the pivitol point in this timeline.

And, since I was out of the loop for a while, isn't Scott dead prior to all this? Not that returning is new, but the FF didn't seem phased by his appearance in the first issue. Which could point to an alternate timeline. Or I totally missed something. Or a writing hiccup.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCoyote View Post
    And, since I was out of the loop for a while, isn't Scott dead prior to all this? Not that returning is new, but the FF didn't seem phased by his appearance in the first issue. Which could point to an alternate timeline. Or I totally missed something. Or a writing hiccup.
    Why would he be dead? He survived Uncanny. Which is miraculous in itself.

When did you last read? He’s been back for a few months now.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-16-2019 at 01:08 PM.