Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The people making these comments i find very interesting. I guess some of these views on oppression and the need to talk about it really does only extend to fictional mutants.
    lmao no one is dismissing your thread or the need to talk about oppression, it’s just that no one is surprised that the man who financially backed Trump is a racist, homophobic a$$h0\_€. People have called it out but cancel culture isn’t real and we can’t cancel a billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    lmao no one is dismissing your thread or the need to talk about oppression, it’s just that no one is surprised that the man who financially backed Trump is a racist, homophobic a$$h0\_€. People have called it out but cancel culture isn’t real and we can’t cancel a billionaire.
    Who said anything about cancelling but i do find the dismissive ness of what is a real issue that has potentially cancelled a whole culture of people from making a potential living interesting. Ignore the thread, fine, but to make light of the situation, for me, i'm actually surprised. Like i'm really surprised.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It just doesn't feel like a new conversation. We've known and talked about this for so long that, at least in my case, there's nothing serious that needs to be said that hasn't already been said before.

I'm curious as to why he still has a job. Is Disney about to fire him because Feige could be bringing heat on to disney with this confirmation they have a person who feels this way on their payroll. Especially with the amount of visibility Marvel has now in the movie world.
    He has a job because he has a large financial stake in the company. It's not as easy to fire somebody like that as it is a normal employee.

BANNED

MCU fans dont care as long as they can have their entertaining feel good funny meme movies. Disney business practices are much worse and more destructive then this one individual.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    MCU fans dont care as long as they can have their entertaining feel good funny meme movies. Disney business practices are much worse and more destructive then this one individual.
    And Bob Iger was in Trump’s business council or whatever it was called.

MCU fans have been calling for Ike's head for years, what the hell are you talking about?

Come on through Feige.If nothing else this man has finally been hung out to dry on blast.
    lol that's a lotta embarrassment
    And for once it's not the "jilted fans of color" that are doing it.
    Ha I want this to be a Electronica band
    Also just my opinion but him taking people of color and trying to replace their white counterpartsrather than create interesting stories of their own was a back door way to set them up for failure.
    Hm but when it comes to making a movie about a character kinda too late
    Like you can't do diversity unless you replace.replace replace and that in of itself was untrue and set off a negative start to the push.
    How so?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    MCU fans have been calling for Ike's head for years, what the hell are you talking about?
    Yep. he was micromaging Feige too much

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yep. he was micromaging Feige too much
    Whatever you can say about the quality of the movies, it's objective that MCU fans hated Ike and wanted him anywhere else. He was the one behind the Inhumans push.

Who said anything about cancelling but i do find the dismissive ness of what is a real issue that has potentially cancelled a whole culture of people from making a potential living interesting. Ignore the thread, fine, but to make light of the situation, for me, i'm actually surprised. Like i'm really surprised.
    Well keep on being surprised because I’m black so you can imagine how I felt when he said “all black people look the same.” I honestly don’t know what you want us to do. Yeah he’s racist and needs to get fired and honestly blackballed from Hollywood but they’ve never considered black and brown ppl to be profitable so we’ve just ended up in expendable and fairly disgusting roles.

BANNED

We have been dragging ol' Ike for years. This was confirmed for me ages ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Retead the part of my post where I state Disney shadiness is abt much more than one individual. Its towards the end.

Retead the part of my post where I state Disney shadiness is abt much more than one individual. Its towards the end.
    This thread isn't about Disney, it's about one individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Well keep on being surprised because I’m black so you can imagine how I felt when he said “all black people look the same.” I honestly don’t know what you want us to do. Yeah he’s racist and needs to get fired and honestly blackballed from Hollywood but they’ve never considered black and brown ppl to be profitable so we’ve just ended up in expendable and fairly disgusting roles.
    Just to be clear, maybe i'm just naive. With all the post after post about how mutants are oppressed it genuinely shocked me to see the responses. I don't post here all the time, i disappear for long periods of time so seeing it after going round and round and round in circles with the whole mutant vs. human thing like oh it don't matter because we knew it. It shocked me. I can't act like it didn't. That's just my initial reaction maybe it's unfair i don't know i can't say but it's just how it made me feel seeing it. I can 100% agree maybe i'm being sensitive but it really shocked me given the discussions we have been having around here going round and round over the same stuff.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/