Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Will Carrie Kelley ever come back?

So Peter Tomasi introduced Carrie Kelly to the main DCU continuity

Some things changed
    She's in college now,a lot more mature, but the biggest change is that she isn't Robin
    Still she likes Batman and was introduced in a way that seemed to fill the void of having Damian gone for Bruce

After much fanfare she was primed to be apart of the Two Face arc on Batman and Robin but for some unforeseen circumstance editorial killed her appearance and effectively wrote her out of the series.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/...of-batman-and/

Shes hasn't appeared since

Now obviously Bat editorial isn't such a strict place anymore. Writers are allowed to tell the stories they want to. Is there room for Carrie Kelley with the current Bat office environment?

Maybe in the future when Damien becomes Batman she becomes his Robin lol, she could work for Wayne Enterprises or be an assistant to Vicki Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    After much fanfare she was primed to be apart of the Two Face arc on Batman and Robin but for some unforeseen circumstance editorial killed her appearance and effectively wrote her out of the series.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/...of-batman-and/
    I can't help but wonder if that arc might not have sucked quote so entirely if Tomasi had been allowed to go his original course.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

While I like DKR and Carrie I think we need less Robins not More.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    While I like DKR and Carrie I think we need less Robins not More.
    Then you might not like the "We are Robin" title coming out in June.

At the very least, I'd like to know what was planned for Carrie, at some point.

I'm happy Damian is back, but I was also cool with the idea that Carrie might have been the next Robin.

Maybe she'll turn up wherever Peter Tomasi is headed?

The Batman Eternal sequel being the most likely, and with the hints about it being Robin-centered she'd fit right in.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    I can't help but wonder if that arc might not have sucked quote so entirely if Tomasi had been allowed to go his original course.
    From the unfounded rumors I heard the original idea was to make Carrie Kelly the daughter of Two-Face and Gilda which in my opinion it not a very good idea

the whole new origin of Two-Face was very bland and just nothing even close to the masterpiece that was The Long Halloween, so I thought think that the story was doomed from the very beginning

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    From the unfounded rumors I heard the original idea was to make Carrie Kelly the daughter of Two-Face and Gilda which in my opinion it not a very good idea

the whole new origin of Two-Face was very bland and just nothing even close to the masterpiece that was The Long Halloween, so I thought think that the story was doomed from the very beginning
    Blech, that's sounds... awful. I'm glad I didn't read this, though. They really did some work on Batman's villains' origins in the New52, and to origin stories that really had impact pre-52. Mister Freeze in the annual, Catwoman in her own book, and now Two-Face in Batman and Two-Face.

But, back on to Carrie Kelley - I never really bought in to bringing her into the current continuity... it just reads all kind of reader-bait, and Carrie Kelley is such a different, edgy character and her appearances in DKR and yes even in DKSA is so iconic and rings true to the world that Miller created. I'm not saying she's untouchable - because nothing is sacred in comic books, nor should it be. Especially when they want to do new, interesting things. It would have been awesome if she was possibly included in the Batman Beyond Universe.

But, the creation of Harper Row is reading, to me, like the New52 version of Carrey Kelley - so bringing her character in the fold as the possible new Robin just doesn't ring necessary to me.
    Last edited by CatBoy; 03-27-2015 at 09:48 PM. Reason: meow.
    Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

Quote Originally Posted by CatBoy View Post
    Blech, that's sounds... awful. I'm glad I didn't read this, though. They really did some work on Batman's villains' origins in the New52, and to origin stories that really had impact pre-52. Mister Freeze in the annual, Catwoman in her own bookl, and now Two-Face in Batman and Two-Face.

But, back on to Carrie Kelley - I never really bought in to bringing her into the current continuity... it just read all kind of reader-bait, and Carrie Kelley is such a different, edgy character and her appearances in DKR and yes even in DKSA is so iconic and rings true to the world that Miller created. I'm not saying she's untouchable - because nothing is sacred in comic books, nor should it be. Especially when they want to do new, interesting things. It would have been awesome if she was possibly included in the Batman Beyond Universe.

But, the creation of Harper Row is reading, to me, like the New52 version of Carrey Kelley - so bringing her character in the fold as the possible new Robin just didn't ring true to me.
    Yeah, if that was the plan I'm glad they scrapped it. Two-Face's new origin wasn't very good and including Carrie as his daughter would only have made it worse. I'm thinking maybe she could have been his illegitimate daughter with one of the McKillen twins, hence the hair.

Now that you mention it, she would have been great as Batman Beyond's Robin! The Terry McGinnis version, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by CatBoy View Post
    Blech, that's sounds... awful. I'm glad I didn't read this, though. They really did some work on Batman's villains' origins in the New52, and to origin stories that really had impact pre-52. Mister Freeze in the annual, Catwoman in her own book, and now Two-Face in Batman and Two-Face.
    I agree, the only good new ¨origin¨ was penguin´s Pain and prejudice is an excellent story
    Mister Freeze mom´s story might work but retconning out Heart of Ice which is pretty much one of the most iconic stories of the character was a disaster for him, it makes him look like a clone of Mad Hatter, who also had a new origin now and he killed kids for no reason.
    and Catwoman´s mistake was just that it had Ann Nocenti as the writer and all the editors were sleep or something

But, back on to Carrie Kelley - I never really bought in to bringing her into the current continuity... it just reads all kind of reader-bait, and Carrie Kelley is such a different, edgy character and her appearances in DKR and yes even in DKSA is so iconic and rings true to the world that Miller created. I'm not saying she's untouchable - because nothing is sacred in comic books, nor should it be. Especially when they want to do new, interesting things. It would have been awesome if she was possibly included in the Batman Beyond Universe.

But, the creation of Harper Row is reading, to me, like the New52 version of Carrey Kelley - so bringing her character in the fold as the possible new Robin just doesn't ring necessary to me.
    I think whatever intention Tomasi had with Kelly got completely ruin with the addition of Row and pretty much Batman Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Yeah, if that was the plan I'm glad they scrapped it. Two-Face's new origin wasn't very good and including Carrie as his daughter would only have made it worse. I'm thinking maybe she could have been his illegitimate daughter with one of the McKillen twins, hence the hair.
    Oh! I think that might had been it and not the daughter of Gilda
    I cant remember much of the details

BANNED

No thank you.

Her entire introduction into the DCU was entirely pointless. Absolutely no one was asking for her. It was just a cheap way of wringing out some more money from the long-standing cash cow that TDKR has been. Her depiction wasn't very compelling either, and nothing like the actual comic where she came from.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    No thank you.

Her entire introduction into the DCU was entirely pointless. Absolutely no one was asking for her. It was just a cheap way of wringing out some more money from the long-standing cash cow that TDKR has been. Her depiction wasn't very compelling either, and nothing like the actual comic where she came from.
    Amen brother, I really didn't want her either too many sidekicks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Amen brother, I really didn't want her either too many sidekicks.
    Blame the "robins" we have in the comics already.

It's seems to me that no one wants a "FEMALE" robin in comics.

There was also a theory that Miller was not happy about them using her character and they dropped her subplot to appease him. Back in the day, Frank had a similar sentiment about Elektra, and Marvel promised not to produce material with her without his consent or direct involvement. That of course fizzled out and soiled his relationship with the publisher. If this supposed all-star writer/artist group effort featuring Frank, Scott Snyder and others to produce a sequel to DKR is to come to fruition, it is obviously in DC's best interest to keep him happy.

There's a wonderful Two-Face centric blog that did some excellent detective work and offers up some interesting tidbits to ponder. I highly recommend all curious parties check it out: http://about-faces.livejournal.com/94421.html