Page 62 of 92 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    maybe but they've never been portrayed as being close before this. I cant think of many scenes of them alone without Alex around to be honest
    The only one I can think of was the one before she went off to Genosha in The Twelve Saga and it was entirely about his brother and Lorna's drive to find his uniform, but yes typically Alex was there and it typically devolved into an are you ready to marry my brother conversation.

The new aspect really came from Scott himself where he basically counted Magneto and yes Lorna as well as part of his extended family which I guess takes Scott's Utopia bromance to a new level along with Lorna's response which may have been in part a tease for shippers. But, it was also a bit deeper then that. Scott was signaling he is fully aboard an alliance between his family and theirs and on some level the series was drawing parallels to Lorna and Scott as the two second generation inheritors of the vision of the two founders of Krakoa
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-16-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Anyone feel that Scott and Lorna came off a bit too close this issue.
    Ohhh how close

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Ohhh how close
    I had a feeling of like a brother and sister honestly. I didn't get romantic feelings, especially since Scott, Jean, and Logan are sharing a section of the Summer House with each other.

To me they were emphasizing that Scott and Lorna are the heirs apparent for the old guard Xavier and Magneto. I felt like they shared a friendship connection probably in the shared feeling of responsibility to live up to their father figures.

One thing I take away from this, Lorna is going to be in Dawn of X, either as a regular recurring member of X-Men, or they are going to put her on her own book in Phase 2. She is definitely not an afterthought, they want you to care about Lorna's place in all of this in the way they wrote her in this issue.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The Polaris and Magneto bits were soooooooo good. I'm choosing to interpret her scenes with Scott as just a strong friendship brewing between them. They both need that.

Also, Yu's drawing of Polaris' costume is super inconsistent. Looked different in a number of panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    The Polaris and Magneto bits were soooooooo good. I'm choosing to interpret her scenes with Scott as just a strong friendship brewing between them. They both need that.

Also, Yu's drawing of Polaris' costume is super inconsistent. Looked different in a number of panels.
    yeah I wasn't really keen on Yu's art at all, it's very traditional comic book, this could easily be a 90's X-Men comic with the way Yu draws it.

I agree with you though, Lorna got a lot of focus in this book in regards to her relationship with Erik, and the strengthening friendship with Scott.

I won't interpret it as romance, I felt it was sharing the same pressures of wanting to live up to their father's, in a way Scott and Lorna both have similar pressures to live up to Xavier and Magneto's expectations, and I felt they shared a camaraderie because of that.

It's not just the coloring, it's like... Not even the same outfit. I read someone saying it looks like it was supposed ot be a cuckoo but they changed it to Lorna. Kinda looks like that.

There was definitely a different outfit in one panel. It looked like a cross between her Reload costume and Renaissance era nobility.

The Magneto and Lorna scenes I will say were above any that came before between them the last few years. They were playing off each other very well and not exactly always on the same wavelength as Scott which was a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    yeah I wasn't really keen on Yu's art at all, it's very traditional comic book, this could easily be a 90's X-Men comic with the way Yu draws it.

I agree with you though, Lorna got a lot of focus in this book in regards to her relationship with Erik, and the strengthening friendship with Scott.

I won't interpret it as romance, I felt it was sharing the same pressures of wanting to live up to their father's, in a way Scott and Lorna both have similar pressures to live up to Xavier and Magneto's expectations, and I felt they shared a camaraderie because of that.
    Yeah, I'm hoping their connection has more to do with who their "fathers" are (I know Xavier isn't his biological son, but you guys know what I mean). Its interesting. I'm sure both need an outlet when dealing with people like Xavier and Magneto, and they can provide that for each other

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's not just the coloring, it's like... Not even the same outfit. I read someone saying it looks like it was supposed ot be a cuckoo but they changed it to Lorna. Kinda looks like that.
    It did look like the Cuckoo's costume! But with green lol. It was a mess. One minute it one looked fine, the other it looked like she had a poncho on lol.

Yeah, I'm hoping their connection has more to do with who their "fathers" are (I know Xavier isn't his biological son, but you guys know what I mean). Its interesting. I'm sure both need an outlet when dealing with people like Xavier and Magneto, and they can provide that for each other

It did look like the Cuckoo's costume! But with green lol. It was a mess. One minute it one looked fine, the other it looked like she had a poncho on lol.
    I already think that Lorna is going to be one of the characters that recurs on X-Men often. But I also think she is being set up for her own book in Phase 2.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Anyone feel that Scott and Lorna came off a bit too close this issue.
    What? No.

They're peers and family.

I might be running too much into it.

I am getting the vibe that maybe Lorna might have a baby. All that talk about having children. The fake out could be we will think it's Alex and the "father" will be Emma Frost or something ala North.

The Gifted was a testing ground for what a Lorna baby might do and it was a semi-interesting story at least at the start entirely because it became a motivating factor to try to change the world. Then she had the baby and then it became a plot device for really cringe inducing/painful soap between her and her ex. The stuff between Lorna and Esme though in regards to the baby actually had its moments, though the baby plotline became way simply overdone in general. I don't think the comic character needs a baby. If it ever happens lets say something like North is probably the least bad of the options.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-16-2019 at 09:47 AM.

No to children.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I already think that Lorna is going to be one of the characters that recurs on X-Men often. But I also think she is being set up for her own book in Phase 2.
    I hope so. X-corps could potentially be a title Lorna could be a part of.

I might be running too much into it.

I am getting the vibe that maybe Lorna might have a baby. All that talk about having children. The fake out could be we will think it's Alex and the "father" will be Emma Frost or something ala North.
    OMG, I would love it if Lorna and Emma were all, we are so done with Summers men, lets have a baby together!

Just former sister/brother-in-laws being nice to each other.

It was a good scene imo.