Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

The mini is complete.

First, I'm thrilled to have BL back. The art was superb.

Now, after some thought...I felt there wasn't enough focus on Black Lightning and what he was capable of. It's like we got the steak but didn't get to see how it was prepared. Too much happened off panel. Especially the climax. There was too much help.

I could have done without Sssear, Usagi and Simms. I also can't say I was a fan of the gang guys with jetpacks. It's like there were so many elements that were thrown in from the jump that could have been better served if this was an ongoing. It seemed like it was missing the build up to the more fantastical. I mean, I really hated all the aliens.

For us to be reintroduced to Jeff after all this time, it felt like too much was added to where I didn't feel like a good foundation was set.

How did he get around? I can imagine, but it would've been nice to see the different ways he traveled.

Why did we need to see him get an upgraded suit that looked exactly like the old one? Why?

And the aliens...why so many aliens?

Then there was the gun statement. I get it. I agree but I could sense that it was a tad too much. There was no finesse to it's handling.

All that being said, I'm glad to have him back. I look forward to the future with Jeff in Detective Comics and a future Outsiders book.

Batman and Black Lightning will be taking on Brainiac this summer

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/ba...ac-this-summer

This ought to be an interesting showing for Jeff.

BANNED

Doesn't sound like they're taking on Brainiac though, could be a twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Batman and Black Lightning will be taking on Brainiac this summer

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/ba...ac-this-summer

This ought to be an interesting showing for Jeff.
    Oh hey, Katana .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    The mini is complete.

First, I'm thrilled to have BL back. The art was superb.

Now, after some thought...I felt there wasn't enough focus on Black Lightning and what he was capable of. It's like we got the steak but didn't get to see how it was prepared. Too much happened off panel. Especially the climax. There was too much help.

I could have done without Sssear, Usagi and Simms. I also can't say I was a fan of the gang guys with jetpacks. It's like there were so many elements that were thrown in from the jump that could have been better served if this was an ongoing. It seemed like it was missing the build up to the more fantastical. I mean, I really hated all the aliens.

For us to be reintroduced to Jeff after all this time, it felt like too much was added to where I didn't feel like a good foundation was set.

How did he get around? I can imagine, but it would've been nice to see the different ways he traveled.

Why did we need to see him get an upgraded suit that looked exactly like the old one? Why?

And the aliens...why so many aliens?

Then there was the gun statement. I get it. I agree but I could sense that it was a tad too much. There was no finesse to it's handling.

All that being said, I'm glad to have him back. I look forward to the future with Jeff in Detective Comics and a future Outsiders book.
    I haven't picked up the final issue but you are spot on with this analysis. Not a bad run but often felt like a lot was left on the cutting room floor. I'd like to see a directors cut so to speak when this hits trade. I guess part of the problem with taking Jeff out of the comfort zone of street level and moving into the modern age of the sci-fi era of DCU required more storytime. It certainly is a direction the character should move in and perhaps has in stories I'm not aware of. The biggest mistake was the revelation who White Thunder really was. I'm not into those internet lizard conspiracy theories myself. Others may think differently.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    I'm looking forward to Hill getting the Outsiders with Jeff as a lead. At the same time I'd still love to see BL with a solo.

Tony wouldn't be my 1st choice but if it means I get a double dose of the the character monthly, then so be it.
    Other heroes have a solo and a team book so I'd be happy to see Jeff get both. I'm not so sure about Isabella writing the solo though. I also agree with your analysis of the mini as well especially with regard to to much happening off panel. I really hate when writers do that.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 04-12-2018 at 10:16 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Mighty Member

Khalil Payne=Payne/Painkiller?Painkiller.jpg
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Good final issue. Been a fun ride.

Maybe this writer can jump on Batman and the Signal and get that on track. lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Good final issue. Been a fun ride.

Maybe this writer can jump on Batman and the Signal and get that on track. lol
    NO thanks.

That book would have been set on fire if it had a Marvel banner on it.

There was way too much play by the numbers and pandering to certain folks.

I agree with Alton that this needed a director's cut showing everything that got cut out. Because this should have been a 12 part series to where a lot of the stuff the writer wanted to say get stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Attachment 64390

Fingers crossed.
    On god no..They need to pass on his pitch

Cold dead hands was bland at best

Time for Tony to move on & write something else imo..
    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Only until Isabella isn't the one calling the shots on his character. I feel like the character elements that he's introduced are limiting and that they'd be better left unexplored. The less opportunities he has to cement his version of Jefferson Pierce, the better IMO.
    This....

Mighty Member

Pretty good season finale for the TV show.

Waiting for next season already.

Great season finale can't wait for next season

Mighty Member

Everything he's saying has been filling me with confidence. He seems like a writer who truly gives a damn.

Screenshot_2018-04-25-01-01-15.jpg

Screenshot_2018-04-25-02-46-30.jpg
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Everything he's saying has been filling me with confidence. He seems like a writer who truly gives a damn.

Screenshot_2018-04-25-01-01-15.jpg
    This ADAPTATION he speaks of has me curious. I'm very intrigued on how he plans on delivering this.