Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Komatsu from Toriko can cook a literal turd into a gourmet meal

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Guy1, quantity =/= quality!
    Hence why I specified it was an honorable mention.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Brock always made interesting looking "donuts" lol.

Foodgasms. Need more be said?

Sanji was the first one I thought of as well. And I have fallen way behind on One Piece. Last arc I read was the Big Mom arc too.

Just a kid, yet can unite a household of her uptight sister, former pirate, a mad scientist, a ditzy and clumsy cop, and a cabbit with her cooking. Impressive for one so young.

Stole my line, lol.
    sanji's last bit of cooking in the wano arc was opening a soba stand in wano and it becoming very popular. and considering how isolated wano is, he must have learned to make it really fast. and soba noodles aren't easy to make, let alone be popular to that level.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    sanji's last bit of cooking in the wano arc was opening a soba stand in wano and it becoming very popular. and considering how isolated wano is, he must have learned to make it really fast. and soba noodles aren't easy to make, let alone be popular to that level.
    Yeah, only got a few chapters into Wano before I fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, only got a few chapters into Wano before I fell off.
    damn. need to get back on that horse, son.

if not for anyone else, for the flashback of oden.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Komatsu from Toriko can cook a literal turd into a gourmet meal
    Yeah, Komatsu and the chefs from Toriko in general were the ones that I thought of first.

Also the main character from Yakitate! Japan, who created a bread so good that it caused people temporarily go to heaven, and another one that was so good that it caused someone to travel back in time to save their own mother from dying in childbirth due to poor prenatal habits, permanent all letting history in the process (I think that it caused their father to come back to life as well, indirectly).

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Also the main character from Yakitate! Japan, who created a bread so good that it caused people temporarily go to heaven, and another one that was so good that it caused someone to travel back in time to save their own mother from dying in childbirth due to poor prenatal habits, permanent all letting history in the process (I think that it caused their father to come back to life as well, indirectly).
    This. And this wasn't some kind of amusing hyperbolic illusion aka many cooking shows. Eating this bread , made from completely mundane and real world ingredients, *literally* had a character experience such a taste they went back in time and retroactively saved his own mother from dying from childbirth - to the extent that the *present* time the mother was alive and well and always had been. Reality. Warping. Bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    This. And this wasn't some kind of amusing hyperbolic illusion aka many cooking shows. Eating this bread , made from completely mundane and real world ingredients, *literally* had a character experience such a taste they went back in time and retroactively saved his own mother from dying from childbirth - to the extent that the *present* time the mother was alive and well and always had been. Reality. Warping. Bread.
    On that note, 'Teen Titans Go!' Robin made a sandwich that was SO TASTY and perfect, that it became a sentient, self aware god. Capable of mucking with physics and so on.

https://youtu.be/KTttQp0S0c8

It's up there as far as "reality warping bread" goes.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 03-28-2020 at 07:23 AM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Kenshi Masaki (Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar) is an excellent cook. Near Sasami level apparently.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Incredible Member

stephen chow - god of cookery obviously
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8UTANHpsV0

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Kenshi Masaki (Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar) is an excellent cook. Near Sasami level apparently.
    True, but its never a main focus of his character. Its more lumped in there along with his near endless energy, capabilities, controlling those mecha things, and being the center of attention for an entire school of girls.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    On that note, 'Teen Titans Go!' Robin made a sandwich that was SO TASTY and perfect, that it became a sentient, self aware god. Capable of mucking with physics and so on.

https://youtu.be/KTttQp0S0c8

It's up there as far as "reality warping bread" goes.
    Yeah, but I'd argue there's a difference between a serialized, plot and story driven show and a toon-forcy gag-oriented show with no strong continuity. The former (I.e. Yakitate Japan!) is ostensibly more "real" in its approach - barring reality warping bread shenanigans. Plus, Robin isn't a chef

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Yeah, but I'd argue there's a difference between a serialized, plot and story driven show and a toon-forcy gag-oriented show with no strong continuity. The former (I.e. Yakitate Japan!) is ostensibly more "real" in its approach - barring reality warping bread shenanigans. Plus, Robin isn't a chef
    Ack! Technically correct! The best kind of correct!!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Last edited by Güicho; 03-30-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

when guy gardner can't eat your ****, you know you fucked up. lololololol