Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

I stopped reading half way through the second page. This book just isn't doing it for me.

Yea we're 6 issues in an this book still ranks at the bottom of the X-books for me. Not good for it being the flagship.

I usually like Ramos' work, but his first EXM arc was not good, Ibanez looks to be doing a much better job.
    I hope this arc is better than the last and we can get past all the recycled plot ideas.

Why even bring Kurt into the book if you are just going to write him as broken and scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Broken Kurt, no not liking. The art is amazing, so pretty.
    I still wanna know whose idea it was to give colossus that awful new look of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    The Savage Land with more fantastical creatures and less Fox-owned property.
    Does that mean the Savage Land no longer exists in the new MU?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I still wanna know whose idea it was to give colossus that awful new look of his.
    Bad decisions at Marvel were made, the X-Men were involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Does that mean the Savage Land no longer exists in the new MU?
    No it does. From my understanding, Wierdworld is a floating island in the sky.

Wow, I didn't know Piotr's costume was made to look like his armored skin.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by turnado View Post
    This preview is giving me a little more hope for this new arc. Excited to see exactly what's wrong with Kurt and why they need to go to Weirdworld. Loving the art too.
    i guess it is because there are mutants on weirdworld

Two things.

1. The first arc just ended and they are already going to have the next arc be about sidetracking a little bit to promote another book that features characters and concepts that Marvel has the film rights to? sigh, why does that not surprise me in the slightest?

2. Who is that guy who says that he fixed Nightcrawler's tail? Is that supposed to be Dr. Strange? Wouldn't be surprised by that either. After all, he has a movie coming out soon and Marvel needs to promote him and he's only been in ANW and will be in ANXM so might as well stick him in this one as well... sigh. I wonder when he'll appear in UXM and OML?

BTW kudos to Lemire for managing to at least partially capture the way X-Men should be portrayed. I.E. Logan with a beer and X-Men showing concern over their long time friend and teammate and feeling at least a little bit like a closeknit family they're supposed to be. It's more than can be said for the last few years worth of X-Men comics so it's a refreshing change. Even if it does make you sad when you realize that a little thing like this makes you notice how far removed X-Men are from what they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Two things.

1. The first arc just ended and they are already going to have the next arc be about sidetracking a little bit to promote another book that features characters and concepts that Marvel has the film rights to? sigh, why does that not surprise me in the slightest?

2. Who is that guy who says that he fixed Nightcrawler's tail? Is that supposed to be Dr. Strange? Wouldn't be surprised by that either. After all, he has a movie coming out soon and Marvel needs to promote him and he's only been in ANW and will be in ANXM so might as well stick him in this one as well... sigh. I wonder when he'll appear in UXM and OML?

BTW kudos to Lemire for managing to at least partially capture the way X-Men should be portrayed. I.E. Logan with a beer and X-Men showing concern over their long time friend and teammate and feeling at least a little bit like a closeknit family they're supposed to be. It's more than can be said for the last few years worth of X-Men comics so it's a refreshing change. Even if it does make you sad when you realize that a little thing like this makes you notice how far removed X-Men are from what they used to be.
    I'm pretty sure that's Forge, not Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Did you just start reading the "X" titles recently?

This book is tragic for a lead X-title. Lacklustre plotting and character development. Really, I didn't think things could get any worse after the last two years.

Marvel needs to boot this book to the bottom of the X-pile and give us a new lead title with a more interesting line-up and better focus.

Looks like a filler issue.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's Forge, not Strange.
    Oh yeah! I forgot that he was in this title too!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Did you just start reading the "X" titles recently?
    Nope, I'm not reading any X-Men titles at present. First time in 15 years.