Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    But he's so been a nation leader in the past. The whole funding of Utopia was very smart.
    Yes, and he hated having to do all that.

Scott must be perfectly happy to leave that weight on the shoulders of others and devote himself only to the X-men. Having Wolverine, Beast and Cyclops as leaders apart from the council is a good idea, keeping the political power separate from the military.

BANNED

Scott is a general first and foremost. I don't blame him for not being keen to be on the council after the long reign at Utopia, which soured over time, and his subsequent fall from grace. If I was him I'd have doubts on my ability to lead a nation again (though I also think he did at least as many right things as wrong ones, if not moreso). He's not the first or last superhero to say "I'm taking a step back." Even Batman walked away from Batman Inc.

As for Jean, I don't think Hickman dislikes her lol. I think he just doesn't consider her the alpha goddess of the X-Men like the 1990s did. And that's a good thing for her character IMO. Instead of having her shoved in our face we'll get to find out who she is now in a more organic way over time - which is actually something I felt Tom Taylor did, in a way, even though his book was very focused on her and enraptured by her. The fact that it was a smaller-scale transitory run gave it a bit of humility.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Xavier having rebooted himself twice to previous (legacy) versions is intriguing. I wonder why, and what two X-Men eras would that cover? Would he have done so to eliminate his knowledge of some behind-the-scenes event he didn't want to be privy to until the proper moment? I've got to assume every version would be knowledgeable of Moira's powerset, since she revealed herself to him before the formation of the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And thus ends the 6th life of Moira. The planned worked but the Phalanx took them out. It would actually make it all line up so nicely. lol
    As I was guessing in the big thread the other day, it is probably part of what we are now seeing in life 10 in that this is how Moira brought back the Promethean gift of resurrection from what I then presumed would be the Phalanx but now know to be the Dominion.

This presumably 6th life wouldn't end until the universe itself ended, and the person that gets reborn after this experience is going to know some radically new and interesting things including a theory on how to copy souls into machines and back again.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Anyone else see the weird parallel between what the Phalanx does and what Charles is setting up? Are we getting one big reveal of "OMG THE PHALANX ARE MUTANTS" in issue P6?
    Its not a weird parallel from my perspective. Xavier is copying the Dominion. Moira has brought back the secret and he is implementing it.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-25-2019 at 07:06 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Really it just boils down to that. Emma is one of his favorite characters & He loves her as the White Queen. So she's one of the higher ups with some of the most influence & power. In this day & age, almost all writers have pet characters they cater to, characters that only exist to make the pets look good, and characters they just don't care about. And it will show in the writing with no objectivity. Wolverine gets it all the time. Nothing new.

As I mentioned elsewhere, even though Jean got thrown a bone & listed as one of the Omega Levels, Emma has all the good feats. So that label seems to mean nothing.
    Jean was revealed to be an Omega mutant in the storyline (the X-Men Forever min series in 2001 by Fabian Nicieza) which first defined the concept. Her being an Omega mutant was stressed several times in Morrison's New X-Men, referenced in Carey's Endangered Species storyline (when Dark Beast compared Nate and Jean), and stressed throughout Hopeless' Jean Grey solo and Taylor's X-Men Red.

Jean has a lot of good feats as well. Some fans just ignore them or come up with a bunch of excuses to say they don't count.

BANNED

Jean fans at least take solace that Hickman isn't writing X-force. May be she'll blessed there.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Thank You. It's very telling who are Hickman favorites.
    Monet still had a better showing that Jean and humiliated her. and Berto + sam he will be writing on new mutants.
    So i guess he covered all his favorites.
    plus he put Jean on a very horrible costume
    You have my sympathies. And I mean that seriously. I feel bad for any Jean fans who were loving her in Red only to have that cut off & replaced with meaningless filler, ten straight to lackluster showings from Hickman.

I went through that in 2016 where my favs. had good stories & attention. Then we went into ResurrXion where they got flushed down the toilet. 2017 dropped the ball hard after Apr. And it hasn't been picked up yet. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-25-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Also, someone on Reddit spotted that spoilers:
    there's a printing error and Mystique's name can be seen in the thrones list
    end of spoilers
    I think that was an Easter egg. It's supposed to represent how redaction can sometimes still show an impression through the black.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Anyone else see the weird parallel between what the Phalanx does and what Charles is setting up? Are we getting one big reveal of "OMG THE PHALANX ARE MUTANTS" in issue P6?

Great issue, I hope that Marauders continues this fantastic portrayal of Emma.

Also really troubled by why we've been seeing more villains in these pages than heroes... and why the heroes when shown are mostly bland versions of themselves.

Preparing for bamboozle in 5...4...3...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Pretty much. In fact, this is literally spoken about as why Nimrod was built in PoX 1 (to be a mutant consciousness, a living database of all mutants to win a tactical advantage in a war. At the time PoX 1 came out, it didn’t make a lot of sense. I think it does now.
    So again, the question becomes maybe not if this is good or if this is right, but is this something we should want? Something we should strive for? Because it honestly doesn't seem that great me.

Like, oh, a copy of my mind feeds into an all powerful computer god that happily eats other computer gods to get power. Neat, great...that doesn't sound horrible at all

Dang forget to mention, any thoughts on the Krakoan reconstruction of the tower of ascension (as Moira thinks of it in PoX #1)? We haven’t actually seen Moira live to the ascension era yet, so to her it would just be the shape of Nimrod’s Citadel... OR SO THEY THOUGHT.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Comics Beat article with possible spoilers regarding Kate.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/powers-of...QgnFAyDOX5S2QQ
    Looks like RachelGrey got his wish (even using Rachel's color).

BANNED

*Emma being written well for the first time in years.*

X-Fans: Why does Hickman hate Jean so much??!

Attention FANatics (that's pretty much e'rybuddy, ammirite?)

The ABSENCE (or limited use) of any character does not necessarily reflect a writer's DISLIKE of said character.
    Hell, the INCLUSION of any character doesn't necessarily mean they love them. I mean, most of the time, I imagine they do, but c'mon.

Restore. Your. Chill.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post

hahaha. Preach.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Scott is a general first and foremost. I don't blame him for not being keen to be on the council after the long reign at Utopia, which soured over time, and his subsequent fall from grace. If I was him I'd have doubts on my ability to lead a nation again (though I also think he did at least as many right things as wrong ones, if not moreso). He's not the first or last superhero to say "I'm taking a step back." Even Batman walked away from Batman Inc.

As for Jean, I don't think Hickman dislikes her lol. I think he just doesn't consider her the alpha goddess of the X-Men like the 1990s did. And that's a good thing for her character IMO. Instead of having her shoved in our face we'll get to find out who she is now in a more organic way over time - which is actually something I felt Tom Taylor did, in a way, even though his book was very focused on her and enraptured by her. The fact that it was a smaller-scale transitory run gave it a bit of humility.
    Jean can't be shoved on our face.

but Emma since morrison can.

Alright

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post

And Jean is being badly written. coincidence?

It was ok. This issue had some interesting things. Really reminds me of Dune with all that drug story.

Kinda tired to read about characters that I don`t care a lot about while all my favorites are in limbo.