Extraordinary Member

New day retain

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So watching the FCW story about the developmental that Steve Keirn was allowed to run as the WWE in mid 2000's pulled their developmental territory system to Florida. Basically the precursor to what NXT and Performance Center became. It was fun to see so many come through it. Keirn really ran a local indie that groomed guys and was teaching passion. He had Dr. Tom Prichard , Norman Smiley , Billy Kidman , Joey Mercury and ...Dusty Rhodes.

Seth Rollins grew frustrated as he was waiting so long (he was there 3+ years) and nearly got fired due to his anger. It shows a promo he cut on his frustration. Keirn and Prichard admit Seth was ready for it the whole way. They just were basically fine tuning him til WWE called him up. Rollins claims he was one red X away from being fired. He was that close and had a sit down with HHH.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Bray lost the match, but he wasn't the fiend

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    That's what I thought they would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I think it's pretty cool that they have him wrestle as both Bray and the Fiend. He's more beatable when he needs to be, and more of a no selling monster when that's needed. It's a pretty versatile gimmick. And it can potentially extend any feud by having him feud with different versions of him.

Asuka and Otis! Wow had neither winning, mixed thoughts on it.

Asuka as money in the bank winner is awesome. She always been one of the top female talents, and she's been awesome since they went without crowds. Her with the money in the bank looking over people's shoulders will be amazing.

Otis: I love him but it's Waaaaay too soon to put a world title on him, they haven't even allowed him to be a tag champ, so no idea how that's going to work. Probably plot shenanigans.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Ultimate Member

Cesaro vs. Jeff was really good. Cesaro was the perfect first opponent for Jeff.

The tag match was really fun and Morrison is the ageless wonder, He needs a big single's push.

That was Tamina's best match, ever. Shows you how great Bayley is, she's a master of getting good matches out of lesser opponents.

Bray vs. Braun was fun, and I liked the twist of Braun playing mind games with Bray.

Drww vs. Seth was awesome. Heel Seth is fantastic and so far they've done great with babyface Drew.

I guess Vince really was a fan of Asuka's work recently. Otis winning was a fantastic surprise as well.

Really enjoyable show overall.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post

Asuka as money in the bank winner is awesome. She always been one of the top female talents, and she's been awesome since they went without crowds. Her with the money in the bank looking over people's shoulders will be amazing.

Otis: I love him but it's Waaaaay too soon to put a world title on him, they haven't even allowed him to be a tag champ, so no idea how that's going to work. Probably plot shenanigans.
    Happy with the results. But like you, I think It's is a stretch. He got personality by the ton, but his inring is lacking.

Astonishing Member

Start Time 6:25pm
    Undertaker The Last Ride
    MAY 10, 2020 | TV-PG (V)

now watching
    Last edited by steve2275; 05-10-2020 at 06:51 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

Otis: I love him but it's Waaaaay too soon to put a world title on him, they haven't even allowed him to be a tag champ, so no idea how that's going to work. Probably plot shenanigan
    They also set Asuka as the "smart one" in the match. She was craft throughout the match and you know she'll pick her spot and take out a champ.

Um, can we talk about how Nia simply choke slammed Shayna into a wall took her out of the match?!?!?

No one bats an eye when Corbin kills off Aleister and Rey.

Otis could conceivably use the briefcase for the tag titles. If they want Mandy to turn on him down the road, she can convince him to give the briefcase to her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post

I imagine we won't see any cash ins until after the crowds are back

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Happy with the results. But like you, I think It's is a stretch. He got personality by the ton, but his inring is lacking.
    I'm not sure we have a good indicator of how good Otis is in the ring. His gimmick sort of makes dictates a more comedic style.

That said, I'm in agreement he's probably not ready to carry the brand. I think he might end up on the end of the short list of mitb fails.

Still, he's a fun choice. Overall, happy with all the outcomes of the ppv, and ppv as a whole. Not the best wrestling show we've ever seen but it was fun.

Otis wins? All I can say is why?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Otis wins? All I can say is why?
    He is arguably the hottest up and comer in the wwe at the moment. Not sure I'd say he's the best choice, but I don't think he's necessarily a bad one either.

Astonishing Member
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player