Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Akuma vs Gill

Quote Originally Posted by erico2002006 View Post
    Possibly...I know somewhere in the story they said he was scared of Gill...
    Could you find that?
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

I don't recall it being stated anywhere in the canon material that Akuma feared Gill or ANYONE for that matter. His entire purpose in life is to find someone who can challenge and defeat/kill him at his strongest, so it doesn't make sense for him avoid anyone that can accomplish it. And if you want to get into narrative, Oro is canonically the most powerful character in the Street Fighter series and Akuma fought him for fun and refused to go all out against him because he sensed that if he and Oro got serious, it would end in death for both of them.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Another thing...Aren't Messiah or Demigod people like Gill are usually stronger than anything thing else...If do recall Akuma was once Human...and actually still is,he just corrupted with his evil intent...Gill is not human,so that should make him stronger anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by erico2002006 View Post
    Another thing...Aren't Messiah or Demigod people like Gill are usually stronger than anything thing else...If do recall Akuma was once Human...and actually still is,he just corrupted with his evil intent...Gill is not human,so that should make him stronger anyways...
    First of all, no, Gill isn't a demi-god. He's a genetically-engineered superhuman that was raised by a cult that brainwashed him and his brother into believing they were gods. Secondly, That isn't how we judge combatants and the outcome of fights here. It doesn't matter if the characters are gods, devils, etc in canon if they don't have the feats to back them up. Raiden, for instance, is a god but there are plenty of mortal characters (like, say, Yamcha) who are much more powerful than him.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 05-23-2020 at 07:02 PM.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    First of all, no, Gill isn't a demi-god. He's a genetically-engineered superhuman that was raised by a cult that brainwashed him and his brother into believing they were gods. Secondly, That isn't how we judge combatants and the outcome of fights here. It doesn't matter if the characters are gods, devils, etc in canon if they don't have the feats to back them up. Raiden, for instance, is a god but there are plenty of mortal characters (like, say, Yamcha) who are much more powerful than him.
    Yeah, God is generally a title in fiction and how powerful characters are with that title varies with each series.

Eneru considered himself a God but he was getting smacked around by Pre-Timeskip Fruit. He just happened to have a powerful logia.

Pain in Naruto was considered a God but while uber, he wasn't even the most crazy powerful characters in the setting.

MCU Thor is an alien God. Hulk Smash.

Supreme Kai from DBZ is supposed to be a Super God but...yeah.

Point is, characters can be called Gods, but what it comes down to is feats.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Canonically, who defeated Gill in Street Fighter 3 again? If it was Ryu, then Akuma should be able to do it since he has all of Ryu's skills, only better, and SF3 Ryu is still only at the level that people on the Akuma/Oro tier think of him as a talented rookie who needs a lot of training/to embrace the Satsui no Hadou to be a major player himself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Canonically, who defeated Gill in Street Fighter 3 again? If it was Ryu, then Akuma should be able to do it since he has all of Ryu's skills, only better, and SF3 Ryu is still only at the level that people on the Akuma/Oro tier think of him as a talented rookie who needs a lot of training/to embrace the Satsui no Hadou to be a major player himself.
    Alex ultimately defeats him in canon, but Akuma actually beat him beforehand with Raging Demon, it's just that Gill used Resurrection to revive himself after Akuma left.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 05-23-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Alex ultimately defeats him in canon, but Akuma actually beat him beforehand with Raging Demon, it's just that Gill used Resurrection to revive himself after Akuma left.
    Kinda answers the question then doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Kinda answers the question then doesn't it?
    Yep. Akins “killed” him but Gill self revived. Without that trick, he would have stayed dead.

Is there anything he can't self revive from?

Coming back from having your soul murdered is a pretty hard thing to do.

Unless, he was able to empty his soul like Gen can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Is there anything he can't self revive from?

Coming back from having your soul murdered is a pretty hard thing to do.

Unless, he was able to empty his soul like Gen can.
    Presumably, completely destroying his body would do it.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Presumably, completely destroying his body would do it.
    Which won't be a problem for an island-buster.

Depends. Does Gill have feats of tanking island busting attacks?

Isn’t the Raging Demon Akumas best move? ISTR that Gill pushed Akuma to actually pull out his best move , right?

Unless Akuma just didn’t want to deal with it and went for it right from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Depends. Does Gill have feats of tanking island busting attacks?

Isn’t the Raging Demon Akumas best move? ISTR that Gill pushed Akuma to actually pull out his best move , right?

Unless Akuma just didn’t want to deal with it and went for it right from the get go.
    That's pretty much how the fight went. He went to see Gill to see what made him a big deal, pulled out Raging Demon, wasn't impressed and left. And while Raging Demon is his best move due to the esoteric soul erasure, it's not his most powerful technique when it comes to destructive power. And no, Gill has little to no feats at all in canon(which is a shame, honestly). Certainly nothing that puts him in the same range as Akuma.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

To be fair, Akuma's island busting feat seems more like a volcano-triggering feat, considering what happened was that lava started coming out everywhere and the island blew up and sank in a shower of lava, a short time later, rather than him the island and then the island immediately detonating once he punched the ground. I think that it looked like the same move he used to split Ayer's Rock in another installment's alternate ending, if I'm remembering things right.

It's still way more impressive than anything I remember Gill doing, though.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 05-25-2020 at 11:18 PM.