Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperMule View Post
    Good news for me. Cavill and his team are the only ones that can save Superman from WB execs at this point. He cares enough about the character to still be around and he knows enough of the source material to at least have ideas for the character.

The Rock could be a problem though. I love The Rock, but man, his movies suck ass! Also he has a massive ego. There's no way he's gonna jump into this franchise to just be a bad guy for a movie or two. His involvement in the Fast & Furious got to a point that even pissed off some of the cast members. And only to spew that Hobbs & Shaw movie. Those are the type of flicks he makes and produces. Dump action movies that only serve to make The Rock look good. And hell he said himself that he wanted play Superman. So I imagine his Black Adam is going to be just some deranged version of what Dwayne Johnson thinks Superman his.
    In "Doom", he was willing to do a psych-out where he wasn't the hero at all.

Regarding F&F, I would have to see interviews where actual cast members are pissed at Johnson, Clickbait articles claiming stuff without any substantiation are just too common.

I do wonder if some of this alleged arrogance is really from when he was playing the Rock and people not distinguishing that this is a character Dwayne Johnson played just like his movie roles.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    No.

Henry Cavill = Dark Superman.

Christopher Reeve-like Superman, such as Brandon Routh, can be like another guy like him, or no Superman at all.
    I would fundamentally disagree with the first part. The Cavill Superman was in a world much like our own where at least half the population is going to be terrified and paranoid at even people of other ethnicities. An alien from another planet who is unstoppable is going to send them off the deep end. Superman himself was very hopeful and inspiring. In fact, I found him to be very inspiring because he tried to do the right thing in a world that did not just bend over for him and ignore what would really happen.

It was not my favorite version. The story was dark but he was a beacon striving to do what was right in a world where he had to face real consequences and couldn't avoid situations that made him compromise. In other words, reality.

I loved the Chris Reeve Superman in the first move and the second with a few scenes I didn't care for. But that's easy to do. In his first public appearance, he rescues Air Force One. Even in 1979 when I first saw the movie, it crossed my mind that, in a realistic world, there would be plenty of people who considered that he may have caused the lightning strike to then save the plane and be a hero. But nobody feared him or questioned his motives, not even the government, the press or politicians in general. The Chris Reeve Superman was so popular because the world around him reflected that Silver/ Bronze Age comic book feeling.

The 1970s were a different era but not THAT different. There would have been plenty of suspicion and concern. The idea that the one that is the "real" Superman and the other is the "dark" Superman is overstating things. Snyder simply didn't do a great job of presenting the idea. I have no problems with Superman in a realistic world. I just think Snyder overdid it at certain points to make a point.
    Power with Girl is better.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    In "Doom", he was willing to do a psych-out where he wasn't the hero at all.

Regarding F&F, I would have to see interviews where actual cast members are pissed at Johnson, Clickbait articles claiming stuff without any substantiation are just too common.

I do wonder if some of this alleged arrogance is really from when he was playing the Rock and people not distinguishing that this is a character Dwayne Johnson played just like his movie roles.
    He did end up being the bad guy in Doom.

I remember Tyrese Gibson bitched about it on social media at the time. And apparently Vin Diesel wasn't very happy with the idea him doing spin-offs out of a secondary character like Hobbs. But I don't really care about any of that.

My point was that he and his ex-wife's production company like to take over and make a product that's usually pretty forgettable, but effective in it's marketing that those movies end up always making a profit for them worldwide. And that's fine. For me personally, I want my Superman movie to be a little bit more clever and creative than the generic scripts and plots than the what The Rock's usually doing in his movies.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    This sounds like it's kind of a bit of a big nothing at the moment.

https://comicbook.com/movies/amp/new...mpression=true
    So we're back to square one. Nothing is on paper.
    Assassinate Putin!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I doubt it's nothing.Cavill either reached a deal or is completely out. That's the only reason he would come to the watch party. His agent seems to be in support as well. Campea seems to trust his sources. So, something is going on. We would just have to wait.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperMule View Post
    That's exactly what I was talking about. Dwayne Johnson and his production company have a very clear idea of what they want their movies to look like. That stupid crap is their MO. Gotta make The Rock look good no matter what. They're probably dying for the opportunity to jump into the super-hero genre and DC is weak right now so they'll try to take over. Now that I think about it, Cavill's agent is The Rock's ex-wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's...an interesting coincidence .
    She also manages the The Rock along with Cavill.

It's very likely that she, Cavill, and The Rock have been planning the Superman/Black Adam thing for even longer than we've heard about it.

They're basically booking wrestling matches.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Does that mean henry cavil superman is john cena?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Probably. But if he and his agent push too hard they'll like get Roman Reigns.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Some of you guys are wrong about The Rock. He definitely doesn't have a problem going out on his back. To use wrestling terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    This sounds like it's kind of a bit of a big nothing at the moment.

https://comicbook.com/movies/amp/new...mpression=true
    At that point completely normal I guess. They all just agreed to that its a good idea. Probably even toyed with certain aftercredits or other possibilities for cameos or even what could lead to a MoS2; but to have something tangible ironed out already might be a tad to soon.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Not quite. Beforehand it looked like Cavill was done. He and WB weren’t talking and they had reached out to people like MBJ on what they would do with Superman. Now it seems like there are talks, but nothing has been finalized and nothing is set in stone. It could all end in a breakdown and Cavill and WB go their separate ways again (and it would be for good this time I suspect). But we’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I was also in favor of a partial reboot, just MoS and B v S. But, at this point, it would just make things more confusing and wouldn't make any difference. People are not going to count remakes as anything but new movies. They aren't going to forget that MoS and B v S were the beginning of the DCEU along with all the negative feelings for the DCEU and all the positive feelings for some that they generated. I also like Cavill as Superman. At this point, it is definitely better to just keep going.
    It's definitely better to just keep going...without Cavill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It's definitely better to just keep going...without Cavill.
    Henry seems to be a draw himself. Otherwise, they wouldn't have gone back in talks with him.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Henry seems to be a draw himself. Otherwise, they wouldn't have gone back in talks with him.
    Really? He's not a name I hear people go on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Really? He's not a name I hear people go on about.
    Whitcher seems to have worked for him.