Page 38 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

I am really interested in the Future Slate line. Is there anyone who can give me a list of the titles out? I tried looking online but I was confused at some of what I saw. I am going to my comic shop Wednesday and I would love to get some of them.

Thanks for the help.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am really interested in the Future Slate line. Is there anyone who can give me a list of the titles out? I tried looking online but I was confused at some of what I saw. I am going to my comic shop Wednesday and I would love to get some of them.

Thanks for the help.
    None of them are out yet, Future State begins in Jan and ends in Feb, with the mainline returning to the “normal” status quo in March. I’d recommend checking out DC’s Jan & Feb 2021 solicitations to get more info on what titles might be of interest to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    None of them are out yet, Future State begins in Jan and ends in Feb, with the mainline returning to the “normal” status quo in March. I’d recommend checking out DC’s Jan & Feb 2021 solicitations to get more info on what titles might be of interest to you.
    Okay thank you. i thought they were out already. Thank you for the heads up.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

Thanks for the help.
    Glad you’re interested but the line of books is not going to be out until January, you wouldn’t be able to pick them up Wednesday. You could maybe preorder though.

Edit: Vordan handled it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious how Yara is as Wonder Girl vs Wonder Woman. Will she be Diana's sidekick?

I'm with you there .
    Would it matter? Sidekicks understudy their mentors very little in modern comics. I miss when they did, to be honest. The only difference between sidekicks and solo heroes these days is that the former trade brand recognition for the near-promise that they will never get to be the main hero and be replaced soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Would it matter? Sidekicks understudy their mentors very little in modern comics. I miss when they did, to be honest. The only difference between sidekicks and solo heroes these days is that the former trade brand recognition for the near-promise that they will never get to be the main hero and be replaced soon after.
    I mean, it matters to me if a character going by "Wonder Girl" ends up having no connection or relationship with someone named "Wonder Woman." Like, what's the point of calling her Wonder Girl?

Extraordinary Member

I mean, it matters to me if a character going by "Wonder Girl" ends up having no connection or relationship with someone named "Wonder Woman." Like, what's the point of calling her Wonder Girl?
    Hey, look at Kamala when she first became Ms Marvel......

At least Yara will be from an Amazon tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Hey, look at Kamala when she first became Ms Marvel......

At least Yara will be from an Amazon tribe.
    Kamala was pretty clear Carol was her #1 hero. She literally transformed herself to look like Carol, and Carol was her "spirit advisor."

That's why it was a big deal when they finally had a team-up at the end of Kamala's first volume.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Kid Flash, Speedy and Robin say hi. This generation only tangentially works with their mentors. I miss the Superhero-sidekick duo dynamic.

It matters to me too, obviously, but in practice it seems pretty irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Kid Flash, Speedy and Robin say hi. This generation only tangentially works with their mentors. I miss the Superhero-sidekick duo dynamic.

It matters to me too, obviously, but in practice it seems pretty irrelevant.
    I mean, Wallace was fairly frequently in Joshua Williamson's Flash run. Not necessarily used well or getting along with Barry, but he was there.

Damian being with Bruce is, admittedly, pretty spotty.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

So apparently DC Death Metal is ending in two "epilogues" one being Future State and the other one is a secret for now.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    So apparently DC Death Metal is ending in two "epilogues" one being Future State and the other one is a secret for now.
    How long are they gonna keep beating this dead horse ...or rather, they've already squeezed every liquid from the sponge, how much more do they think they can get out of it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

There is a free Future State preview issue on comixilogy today with new art, a timeline of when books take place and several interviews with the writers. It also has short blurbs about a lot of the new writers coming to DC.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 11-24-2020 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    There is a free Future State preview issue on comixilogy today with new art, a timeline of when books take place and several interviews with the writers. It also has short blurbs about a lot of the new writers coming to DC.
    did a quick skim, was hoping to see more art from Outsiders (was thoroughly disappointed at no Duke ) but it seems informative for understanding Future State. Definitely worth a look for anyone excited about Future State.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Guessing that’s the “DC Omniverse” reveal that will set up DC’s mainline direction when we return to the present in March.