Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Default Do you think X-Men can work as an Anime

Ignoring the X-Men Anime show, I'm curious if you think it could actually work? I think it could especially portraying the characters with they're insane power levels letting the visuals insane. But this just my opinion but what's yours?

If Ufotable does the animation I'd watch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    Ignoring the X-Men Anime show, I'm curious if you think it could actually work? I think it could especially portraying the characters with they're insane power levels letting the visuals insane. But this just my opinion but what's yours?
    Why would you ask if we think the X-Men can work as an Anime if your ignoring "Marvel Anime: X-Men"?

Last edited by ZNOP; 12-23-2016 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Pic(s) added.

I'm sure it could, with the right creative team.

The problem with the X-Men Anime was that it just did a crappy original story rather than adapting something established and well-liked. Like, who wanted to see a story about Mastermind and the U-Men?
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

Then the title of this thread is misleading -- crappy or not an X-Men anime already exists.

Incredible Member

There was already an X-men anime.....it was atrocious. Everything from the voice acting to the costume was cringe inducing.

It could, but there was already an attempt and it failed, so I don't think it's ever gonna happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by XchaiX View Post
    There was already an X-men anime.....it was atrocious. Everything from the voice acting to the costume was cringe inducing.
    They nailed Wolverine IMO. Nothing outside the comics ever came close to showing what a true berserk Logan would look like, the anime delivered on that front.

The X-Men anime wasn't all bad, I thought some of the action sequences were well done particularly the U-men fight. The characterization was way off unfortunately with the female X-Men getting the worst of it. It was like they just re-skinned some anime archetypes in X-Men gear instead of trying to do them justice.

I love to see a proper attempt at an ongoing X-Men anime, no reason it couldn't be done right if Marvel had the will to put the effort in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    They nailed Wolverine IMO. Nothing outside the comics ever came close to showing what a true berserk Logan would look like, the anime delivered on that front.
    Seconded, berserk Wolverine sequence was pretty damn good.

My only grip with the X-men anime was the way they handled Storm. She was vastly depowered and her personality was.... off.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    My only grip with the X-men anime was the way they handled Storm. She was vastly depowered and her personality was.... off.
    She was based off Bryan Singer's interpretation of Storm I believe, that's the only reason I can think of.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

We'd never got X-Men: TAS if they just quit after Pryde.

X-Men: Anime with Traditional Villains and more X-Men (Colossus, Captain Britain, Rogue, Nightcrawler got teased in the Anime). Would be a big big big hit especially with more Madhouse animation.

No Phoenix and More Traditional villains = Hit!

BANNED

Before disney took over I would say yes, but after disney took over, my answer is NO. Most animes are well done and appeal to a lot of adults thanks to the story and tone. marvel cartoons have been so awful in the disney era. DC is slaying marvel in animation, the DC animation are as good as most of the animes. the recent marvel animation are quite embarrassing to watch.