Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Lol...the whole “Ice cream” thing was started by Geof Johns who had no idea how to write WW. Let’s not bring that back.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post
    Lol...the whole “Ice cream” thing was started by Geof Johns who had no idea how to write WW. Let’s not bring that back.
    Yes, God forbid Diana should act like a human being every once in a while.

And Johns can, and has, written Diana quite well. Recently even. He had a hand in that movie that made Diana something of a big deal.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yes, God forbid Diana should act like a human being every once in a while.

And Johns can, and has, written Diana quite well. Recently even. He had a hand in that movie that made Diana something of a big deal.
    In the film, the ice cream scene was done beautifully, and it made perfect sense. It was utterly charming. The novelization goes into detail, exactly what she experienced in that moment, when she tasted the cold and sweet. It was, indeed, wonderful.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    In the film, the ice cream scene was done beautifully, and it made perfect sense. It was utterly charming. The novelization goes into detail, exactly what she experienced in that moment, when she tasted the cold and sweet. It was, indeed, wonderful.
    Yep.

Now the ice cream scene in the comic and animated movie version of JL: War? Yeah, THAT we never need to see again.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 05-02-2018 at 05:11 AM.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"Temptations of the world" makes me think of the trope of the hero who must choose between his/her selfish needs and his/her super-hero duties, à la Spider-Man 2/Superman 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "Temptations of the world" makes me think of the trope of the hero who must choose between his/her selfish needs and his/her super-hero duties, à la Spider-Man 2/Superman 2.
    Agreed. Diana, especially, is tied to mythology and temptation from the Hero's Path is a BIG theme in mythology.

I see three possibilities.

1.) It's all but confirmed that Chris Pine will return for this movie. If so, it'd be a classic story to have Diana tempted by the possibility of bringing him back to life. Heck, a trip to the Underworld is practically a pre-requisite for Greek heroes. We know Pedro Pascal is in this movie, and one of the most common theories about who he might play is Hades. If there's one god who survived Ares' assault, Hades would be the one. Diana could meet him and try to get Steve back, but the cost may be too high.

2.) If they actually have the guts to pair Diana up with a woman, they could have Diana and Barbara in a relationship. (Yes, being just good friends would work too.) If so? Diana may be forced to choose between Barbara and stopping the Cheetah.

3.) Romance isn't the only option. Just set up Diana as having any number of attachments to the world that could cause her to face a difficult choice between her attachments and doing the heroic thing.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Agreed. Diana, especially, is tied to mythology and temptation from the Hero's Path is a BIG theme in mythology.

I see three possibilities.

1.) It's all but confirmed that Chris Pine will return for this movie. If so, it'd be a classic story to have Diana tempted by the possibility of bringing him back to life. Heck, a trip to the Underworld is practically a pre-requisite for Greek heroes. We know Pedro Pascal is in this movie, and one of the most common theories about who he might play is Hades. If there's one god who survived Ares' assault, Hades would be the one. Diana could meet him and try to get Steve back, but the cost may be too high.

2.) If they actually have the guts to pair Diana up with a woman, they could have Diana and Barbara in a relationship. (Yes, being just good friends would work too.) If so? Diana may be forced to choose between Barbara and stopping the Cheetah.
    I like both options. I can see some situations like these in the movie. Way better than give up powers to get laid or using powers to make money (every reference is purely casual).

3.) Romance isn't the only option. Just set up Diana as having any number of attachments to the world that could cause her to face a difficult choice between her attachments and doing the heroic thing.
    She likes expensive sexy dresses and sports cars.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-02-2018 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Very much agreed. It is the type of small mundane details that gives the needed contrast to superheroes, and makes them more relatable. Diana loves ice cream, and I'm sure she is more than a little vain as well. She cares how she looks, and loves to try out clothes, both to judge their practicality and how they fit and compliment her.

But they're more character quirks than weaknesses, and should not be overused. Spice, rather than main ingredient.

Going to the Underworld and applying to Hades and Persephone to get Steve back is a wonderful storyline, but should arguably be more for a concluding film than the next one, especially since we already have had a myth-heavy origin movie. It would also lessen the possible focus on Minerva's and Diana's relation in the struggle between Cheetah and Wonder Woman.

We know Steve isn't going to come back unless Diana was lying to Bruce. But if Chris Pines could ever be brought back, how would you like it to be done?

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Very much agreed. It is the type of small mundane details that gives the needed contrast to superheroes, and makes them more relatable. Diana loves ice cream, and I'm sure she is more than a little vain as well. She cares how she looks, and loves to try out clothes, both to judge their practicality and how they fit and compliment her.

But they're more character quirks than weaknesses, and should not be overused. Spice, rather than main ingredient.

Going to the Underworld and applying to Hades and Persephone to get Steve back is a wonderful storyline, but should arguably be more for a concluding film than the next one, especially since we already have had a myth-heavy origin movie. It would also lessen the possible focus on Minerva's and Diana's relation in the struggle between Cheetah and Wonder Woman.
    Maybe it could be a short book end, so the story can take place in WWIII, post Justice League

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    We know Steve isn't going to come back unless Diana was lying to Bruce. But if Chris Pines could ever be brought back, how would you like it to be done?
    Have the theme/idea of Hades/Afterlife introduced as a plot point in this movie, leading to a short book end at the end, leading us into a story that will take place in WWIII, post Justice League.

OR Steve returns via Dr. Psycho.

I thought all the Gods were dead? Unless Hades was the only one to stay in the underworld with his wife

I thought all the Gods were dead? Unless Hades was the only one to stay in the underworld with his wife
    If any of the gods survived, Hades is the most logical choice. He rarely leaves the Underworld, so Ares would have to come to him. There isn't a single myth about ANY of the gods being brave enough to invade the Underworld. Even Zeus didn't dare to go there.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

IMO, we really don't know for sure. Ares may be wrong or lying. And, regarding Hippolyta telling, in her own words, "That was a story, Diana."

You can make a very strong case that Zeus (in the shape of a bull) witnessed Diana's jump to the armoury.