Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Maybe Legion made a mental copy of Dani as a backup plan to use against Nate. Or completely "downloaded" her mind leaving a Danilocke shell behind, as Havok83 suggested.

If that's the case... Well, Legion did turn Chamber back into a mutant again during Age of X.

BANNED

We saw Danilock use Moonstar's psionic mutant bow and arrow. Either way, we're going to see Moonstar's mutant powers. I love her Valkyrie powers, but it was stupid not to return her mutant status long ago. I loved her psionic bow and arrow and her fear/desire powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I have a theory on how to repower Dani. Her body has been actively trying to find the transmode virus and the stress of that eventually activates her latent mutant gene. Doesnt completely make sense but it works for me bc at this point they need to just fix this already
    We in the latest issue of Uncanny saw her make a psionic bow and arrows. So I think the whole transmode thing restored her mutant powers.

BANNED

So we've had 1 issue with Dani in Prisoner X, and 2 with her in Uncanny. Just curious which one her fans are likin' best, so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    So we've had 1 issue with Dani in Prisoner X, and 2 with her in Uncanny. Just curious which one her fans are likin' best, so far?
    She's done and said more in like 2 pages of Prisoner X than in those 2 issues of Uncanny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    She's done and said more in like 2 pages of Prisoner X than in those 2 issues of Uncanny.
    Well then, that makes for an easy choice, and Prisoner X it is.

I'm so glad I put Prisoner X on my pull list.

I spent the weekend rereading the last New Mutant ongoing, and made a couple of observations.

Only 4 years passed since Inferno? That makes Dani 21 at the beginning of this run. That seems ridiculous, but now the O5 are 28, so I guess it fits with that.

I know we're supposed to see Sam as being overprotective of Dani, but he just comes off as a Jack ass. He doesn't seem to respect her at all. And Dani's attitude towards him isn't much better. (Yeah, tossing him out of the plane was funny, but she wasn't laughing.) Why Wells would write them like this and then hook them up is beyond me.

Scott was really treating Dani like a protégé in Abnett and Lanning's run. I like it. I hope we see more of that in Uncanny when Dani gets back to normal.

Not specifically Dani related, but I like that both runs were planned out over two years. It's nice to see that much thinking going into a story.

Dani’s appearance in Dead Souls was so random and unacknowledged that I wonder if the big twist is that the real Dani is in AoXM and Uncanny’s is a mixture of Tran’s sorcery and the TO Virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Dani’s appearance in Dead Souls was so random and unacknowledged that I wonder if the big twist is that the real Dani is in AoXM and Uncanny’s is a mixture of Tran’s sorcery and the TO Virus.
    The only thing that puts a crimp in this theory is that she will be leading Uncanny X-men during War of Realms, which Id want to be the real Dani

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Only 4 years passed since Inferno? That makes Dani 21 at the beginning of this run. That seems ridiculous, but now the O5 are 28, so I guess it fits with that.
    That cannot be right. There have already been several 7 months or 9 month later events in the past 5 years (our time) that it makes no sense. Is Kitty only 20 then? Because wasn't she only 15 during Inferno? I understand Marvel's need to keep everyone "young" but after 50 years it's hard. I put Dani at 23-24 by this point.

So would I but that's Marvel for you.

I'm still going with the theory that the Dani in AoXM is a copy and that Dani will end up with memories of both realities.

Also, if Illyana's enough of a shapeshifter to purge the virus, Dani's transformation to Valkyrie mode might be enough to do the same.
    Last edited by Arachne; 03-11-2019 at 12:04 PM.

There's been like 3-4 years from the end of Morrison's run to now. X-23 is about 20 when she started off 16. The New Mutants have to be around 23 (Rahne and Bobby) to about 29 for Karma

Nice idea, but there's no way Karma is that old if the O5 aren't. Marvel time is so screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Nice idea, but there's no way Karma is that old if the O5 aren't. Marvel time is so screwed up.
    The O5 are that old. JDW saying he sees Scott as 28 on Twitter doesnt make that canon when there's enough evidence to contradict that otherwise

The evidence contradicts itself a lot of the time, though.

Anyway, I was just thinking how strange it is that Dani has anxiety attacks due to her death sense, now, when she didn't have any psychological problems after being tortured in Fall of the New Mutants. Hmm, actually I just think it's weird that she didn't have problems after being tortured, especially when Abnett and Lanning brought a councillor into the book to help other characters. I know this kind of thing is usually swept under the rug in comics, but maybe it should have at least been referenced later on.