Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Awesome! Yeah, that's a great idea. Following the events of Members Only, the members of AWSM! are forced to search for & recruit female counterparts for their squad. Who'll be the lucky ladies that'll bring some sense & sensibility to this all-male super-team? Hilarity ensues.
    I believe at the end the Powerpuff Girls are made Members. Making the acronym now; Association of World Super Members or (A.W.S.M.!)
    Although the spin-off could absolutely be them recruiting more women.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-19-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    ... Though i bet sum uptight person would complain about the stereotypical names ....
    Yeah you can't help those people.
    The whole point is they are supposed to be over the top cliches, and a bit of a parody of 70's Super Friends which to be more diverse added some very cliche characters (and names), also happened to be all male. (unless you count Rima too, which HB didn't create)

Who in fact as per the theme of this thread, I'd also love to see get their own spin-off. : )
    Of course with some minor updates...
    And using the civilian names from their Young Justice analogues;

Last edited by Güicho; 08-19-2019 at 08:08 PM.

so random, I honestly thought they were trying to make this a spin-off show: actually the first "costumed" hero in that universe) Smallville's Andrea Rojas - Angel of Vengeance.

LOL trailer not mine....
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-19-2019 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    so random, I honestly thought they were trying to make this a spin-off show: actually the first "costumed" hero in that universe) Smallville's Andrea Rojas - Angel of Vengeance.

LOL trailer not mine....
    Lol I loved smallville.... but not that much.

I would like a spin-off of Howard and Bernadette from The Big Bang Theory. A bonus would be to keep Raj as their friend.

Also at one point thought Arrow was legit hinting at the idea of a Curtis, Dinah and Rene as their own spin-off team.
    Somewhat dubbed the Outsiders or if some prefer the GTFOut-siders!
    I would have gone with
    The Broken Arrows
    Terrific's Trio

Or The Wild Bunch!:

- The Wild Dog, .............The Canary, .............The Tomcat.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-19-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Apparently Katie Cassidy has pitched a Birds of Prey spin-off to the CW. I'd be a hell of a lot more interested in that than the trainwreck movie WB's currently making.
    That could be interesting. They've got a couple of Black Canary's and a White Canary, as well as various non-Canaries and a Huntress to choose amongst.

I wouldn't mind seeing a spin-off with the future kids of Oliver (and 'Diggle Jr'). Which amuses me, because I loathed William-as-a-kid, but enjoyed grown-up-William and Mia's adventures in the flash-forwards.

I'd love to see a Star Trek spin-off where we get to see what Picard's doing about 25-30 years after Nemesis. We'll call it Star Trek: Tea, Earl Grey, Hot.

Maybe, oh I dunno, throw in some Data and Seven (why not?) into the mix. And maybe Riker and Troi could drop by for a visit, that'd be neat.

I had no idea what "backdoor pilots" were when I was a kid, so when watching the Gary-7 episode of "Star Trek" I thought, "Wow, these characters could totally have their own show!" (it was the 80's when I saw it ) Gary Lansing and Teri Garr were a fun match - I really liked the premise of that setup. (I could do without the cat-lady "Isis", but if it went to series I'm sure she would have been fleshed out)

I would have liked to have seen a spin-off of a spin-off with that woman with electricity powers who showed up on "Angel" a few times. Maybe team her with that Werewolf Angel dated...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-27-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I had idea what "backdoor pilots" when I was a kid, so when watching the Gary-7 episode of "Star Trek" I though, "Wow, these characters could totally have their own show!" (it was the 80's when I saw it ) Gary Lansing and Teri Garr were a fun match - I really liked the premise of that setup. (I could do without the cat-lady "Isis", but if it went to series I'm sure she would have been fleshed out)
    Would have been Trek's Dr. Who, to bad it wasn't picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'd love to see a Star Trek spin-off where we get to see what Picard's doing about 25-30 years after Nemesis. We'll call it Star Trek: Tea, Earl Grey, Hot.

Maybe, oh I dunno, throw in some Data and Seven (why not?) into the mix. And maybe Riker and Troi could drop by for a visit, that'd be neat.
    LOL!
    Also besides all the celebrated revisits of old characters. There is actually a whole new main cast and crew involved too.
    Just the media didn't notice them, with the others announced.

Looking forward to it, even if it's it's not called "Star Trek: Tea, Earl Grey, Hot."
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-11-2019 at 05:49 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    (more a sequel than a spin-off) : Married with Grandchildren....
    This was being worked on but a hold up from what David Faustino (Bud Bundy) claims is the rights to it. That everyone was on board to return in a new series.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Mighty Member

That's a shame. Fingers crossed it happens when Modern family calls it a day. How do you picture the NEXT generation of Bundy's?

I picture Bud , being the big homey "Grand Master B" , having an African-American wife and kids. Kelly - Hispanic husband and kids?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I had idea what "backdoor pilots" were when I was a kid, so when watching the Gary-7 episode of "Star Trek" I thought, "Wow, these characters could totally have their own show!" (it was the 80's when I saw it ) Gary Lansing and Teri Garr were a fun match - I really liked the premise of that setup. (I could do without the cat-lady "Isis", but if it went to series I'm sure she would have been fleshed out)
    Yeah, that was a neat one.

I would have liked to have seen a spin-off of a spin-off with that woman with electricity powers who showed up on "Angel" a few times. Maybe team her with that Werewolf Angel dated...
    Gwen Raiden! I totally wanted to see more of her. (Alexa Davalos, IIRC, was the name of the actress, and she's super-hot.) Throw in some other randoms from Angel, like Bethany Chaulk (the only-slightly-homicidal telekinetic) and it could be fun.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Gwen Raiden had a significant role in the (canon) Angel: After the Fall comics series, which picks up after the Angel series finale.

Quote Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC., post: 34369623
    ...the Gary 7 character from the Assignment Earth episode of Star Trek which was a back door pilot.
    I always imagined Gary 7 was Trek's version of a time lord or incarnation of Dr. Who crossed over into their Universe. A way for those shows to coexist in the same U.
    Even had his own sonic-screwdriver/servo-pen.
    And companion in Teri Garr.

Doctor at the time would have been Patrick Troughton with Companions – Jamie & Victoria.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-11-2019 at 05:12 PM.