Page 522 of 782 FirstFirst ... 22422472512518519520521522523524525526532572622 ... LastLast
Results 7,816 to 7,830 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sarada raised an eyebrow and listened to Meagan and Ishtar go back and forth every so briefly. From the sound of it - what with a ceremony and exchanging vows - married meant something similar to being paired. Which meant that Meagan and Jinzi were to become life-mates!

Oh, how wonderful!

Overjoyed, Sarada ran over and slugged Meagan in the arm. "I understand now. Congratulations, Meagan!!"

She then looked at Jinzi, then removed the katchin knife from her belt and flung it at him. It stuck itself in the floor by his feet. "Use that dagger to kill yourself."

Wait, wrong ceremony.

"Wait, hang on! I mean use that to slice your and her hands open so you can drink each other's blood. On Vocado, do that symbolizes the eternal bond you two now share."
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 12-09-2018 at 01:18 AM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Personal ?" Ishtar asked, before shaking her head slowly.

"No no, far too old to be sentimental over something so commonplace as a mine." The Oni explained, "it produces more than expensive minerals, and gemstones ... though it has a considerable amount of those. It simply contains resources you would be hard pressed to find anywhere else; and it turns out I can make use of them." Ishtar said, shrugging then before cracking a smile.

"So if all this is to you is a means to acquire more currency, you would be better off trying to purchase elsewhere."
    What kind of resources? Blizzar had to wonder...they must be hold some sort of great value for the Oni to hold onto it so. And with the Arcosian's curiosity not piqued, he figured there's a good chance someone else would find such things valuable as well. "Well, I can see that these resources are clearly of great import to you. I don't suppose you can tell me what they are exactly and why they're so valuable? Apologies if I am too forthcoming but, in lieu of riches, I'm interested in what would be so valuable to an individual who's lifespan and experiences gives her little to no attachment to things so finite and paltry as riches."

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Qaztoh replies to this saying" maybe your right." "wait I just remember something Important ." " the finals was supposed to take place here on Earth, but with the current situation the Federation can't do that." " which means they probably put the Finales on hold."

" yeah with communications beyond earth being blocked." " the Federation most likely put the finales on hold if they can't get in touch with this planet's Shogi organization." meanwhile in another Galaxy on a space station a council of old aliens of different races wearing glasses and suits have gather together with one of them saying" Okay on today we will be discussing about the Shogi Cup Finals ." " as we at the Intergalactic Shogi Federation aware the Shogi Cup finals is supposed to take place on a planet called Earth however we have run into a major problem."

" we haven't been able to get a communication though to this planet's Shogi organization." " someone or something has been blocking are communication to Earth." " I'm afraid we might have to cancelled the finals or at least part it on hold for awhile." another alien in suit a Tuffle speaks up saying" but chairman we can't canceled the finals ." " we will be pissed up many Shogi players, and we promise the winner that she got a shot at facing the Legend!"

The Chairman then replies to this saying " look I know we are in a pickle here but since we can't get communication though to earth we are left with no other choice!" "I hereby motion that the Shogi Cup Finals will be put on hold all those in favor rise your hands." nearly all the members of the Federation rise their hands and the chair man counts the votes saying " okay it's official the Shogi Cup finals will be put on hold until we can establish communications with Earth." " now we most inform the Shogi organizations on other planets that we can establish communications to that the finals have been put on hold."

suddenly a loud boom voice is head as a large man walks into the council chambers of the intergalactic Shogi federation saying " yes it's differently a good idea to put the finals on hold!" " we promise that we would have the finals on Earth and we have to stick to that promise even if we have to put the finals on hold for now!" " however assure once we can establish communications to earth yours's truly will be the one to make the announcement!" " now if we can't establish communications to Earth that must mean that something quite dire must be happen on that planet!"

" we must all remember that even Shogi takes a back seat to survival!" " so if Earth is in a dire situation all we can do is hope for the best!" a member of the federation looks at this large man saying " wow that's the Legend ." " I never met the guy before but in person he's actually quite intimidating."

" looking at him one would wonder how the hell is guy like that a Shogi player?" " he looks more like a freaking gladiator then a Shogi player." " really is even necessary for a shogi player to be in such great shape?" the Legend speaks saying " of course being in shape is always necessary!"

" it doesn't matter if one is a shogi player or whatever field one walks in life!" " one should always think about one's own survival and one can befit from being in shape!" " that's why I always say that one should always get plenty of exercise and have a well balance diet!" "REMEMBER IT"S ALWAYS IMPORTANT TO KEEP ONE'S BODY IN TIP TOP SHAPE!"

federation member thinks to himself ( really does he need to punctuate and emphasize everything he says. is he here shogi player or a freaking pro wrestler. ) the legend then says " Oh and there's something I need to tell you guys, and it's this I kind of forget where a parked my space ship ." all federation members include the chairman fall over with all sayin in exclamation " What!!!"
    back on the Lookout Qaztoh thinks about it and looks at Megan saying " your right survival is more important Shogi can wait, but man would I love to meet the legend." " I heard he's a large ham who likes to punctuate and emphasize everything he says."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada raised an eyebrow and listened to Meagan and Ishtar go back and forth every so briefly. From the sound of it - what with a ceremony and exchanging vows - married meant something similar to being paired. Which meant that Meagan and Jinzi were to become life-mates!

Oh, how wonderful!

Overjoyed, Sarada ran over and slugged Meagan in the arm. "I understand now. Congratulations, Meagan!!"

She then looked at Jinzi, then removed the katchin knife from her belt and flung it at him. It stuck itself in the floor by his feet. "Use that dagger to kill yourself."

Wait, wrong ceremony.

"Wait, hang on! I mean use that to slice your and her hands open so you can drink each other's blood. On Vocado, do that symbolizes the eternal bond you two now share."
    With a look that was both happy and bemused, Meagan picked up the knife and handed it back to Sarada, "We won't be needing this. Thank you anyway."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    With a look that was both happy and bemused, Meagan picked up the knife and handed it back to Sarada, "We won't be needing this. Thank you anyway."
    Sarada raised an eyebrow, then shrugged and took the knife back. "Ah, alright. I guess that'd be too extreme for Jinzi." She returned it to her hip. "Congratulations again, you guys."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Jinzi smiles his thanks, kisses Meagan, then goes back to examining the CLOWT.

Eva says she’ll be happy to do the ceremony.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    back on the Lookout Qaztoh thinks about it and looks at Megan saying " your right survival is more important Shogi can wait, but man would I love to meet the legend." " I heard he's a large ham who likes to punctuate and emphasize everything he says."
    Qaztoh then replies to this saying " hmm I wonder where that old man Khan is up to ?" Praxat thinks the same saying " yeah what is Khan up to ?" Qaztoh takes out her cell phone to look at cat videos and sees a video from the World Shogi association and clicks on it. see would then see Khan in a business suit saying" hello there I'm Jin Khan a board member of the world Shogi association and I here today to tell you shogi players around the world a important announcement!" " that the intergalactic Shogi Cup finals will be put on hold due to technical difficulties. "

" we can't get in touch with the Intergalactic Shogi Federation and they can't get in touch with us." " so there is no choice but to put the finals on hold." " now I know a lot of you are upset at this news but fraid not there will still be smaller local events to go to." " yes we did negations with the Intergalactic Shogi Federation months ago and had everything for the finals already plan."

"then yesterday we where struck with a unexpected curve ball in that invasion that happen!" " now with communications beyond earth being block ." " the Shogi cup finals can't be held ." " so I'm deeply sorry to be the bear of bad news everyone."

Praxat lists to the video that Qaztoh is playing on her cell phone saying " wow I never knew Khan was one of the board members for the world Shogi association. " Praxat walks over to Jinzi saying " hey Jinzi I and Qaztoh going to help you analyze the CLOWT." Qaztoh replies to this saying " yeah I'll help with that." "oh and Praxy since we both will be attend the wedding I have a special outfit pick out for you in mind."

Praxat replies to this saying " it's damn tight short shorts isn't it." Qaztoh replies to this saying " now what would ever give you that idea?" Praxat replies to this saying " I don't know maybe it's fact you been showing my skimpy clothing?" Qaztoh replies to this saying " okay it's tight short shorts but come on you would look good in them Praxy."
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-09-2018 at 01:58 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    What kind of resources? Blizzar had to wonder...they must be hold some sort of great value for the Oni to hold onto it so. And with the Arcosian's curiosity not piqued, he figured there's a good chance someone else would find such things valuable as well. "Well, I can see that these resources are clearly of great import to you. I don't suppose you can tell me what they are exactly and why they're so valuable? Apologies if I am too forthcoming but, in lieu of riches, I'm interested in what would be so valuable to an individual who's lifespan and experiences gives her little to no attachment to things so finite and paltry as riches."
    For a moment, Ishtar simply stared.

It really was strange, the way the Arcosian seemed so ... eager, to get at her mine. From the way he'd set himself up, it sounded like he had a considerable amount of money and a sizable network of associates. So why strive so hard to get more ? Was this Az ... Avarice ? Likely. The golden-eyed Oni recalled faintly that when Blizzar first arrived he'd spoken to Held ...

Hm.

That he also wished to know the contents ? Well ...

Ishtar cracked a smile.

"That would be telling. Suffice to say, I will not be selling any aspect of the mine, or its contents."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Click. Click. Click.

The old man sat in the limousine in silence, occasionally glancing irritably in Sasheem's direction as he fiddled with the car's locks. On again, off again. It was a forty minute drive from Coral Canyon to his employer's office and the Majin had been doing this for about twenty. It was getting to be infuriating and he could only assume the creature was doing it on purpose.

Click...

...Only one this time? Had he stopped? The old man side in relief, silently thanking the heavens that-

Clickclickclickclickclickclick...

And then he went back at it with more of a fervor then before. The madness needed to stop. "Mr. Sasheem!" The old man exclaimed. "You don't haopen to have any questions? You haven't really spoken since you've agreed to come with us..."

"..." Sasheem glared at the old man, before sighing and stating, "This is the first time Sasheem's been in a car in a long time...Usually he travels in ships."

"Ah, r-right, right...with that group you've been fighting with!" The old man stammered.

"Hey..." Sasheem raised an eyebrow, suddenly leaning forward. "How much do your people know about that anyway...?"

"Not much! We just like that keep an eye on all major events that affect our society! Like your attack on the Red Raider base....the events at the world tournament, the various alien invasions..." the Old man explained.

"How?" Sasheem demanded, harshly.

"How...well, we have an R&D department...on the surface, our company specializes in electronics, so we have quite a few eggheads at our disposal..." the old man revealed, rubbing the back of his head. "Nothing on the level of Jinzi Pantalook, but our 'Spy Flies' can catch quite a bit of footage without being noticed."

"Hrmph..." Sasheem grunted, leaning back in his seat and staring at the ceiling intensely, as if he were about to bore a hole through it just by looking at it. As far as the old man knew, he just might!

"Well, erm..we're nearly there now. Do you want to know anything else, Mr. Sasheem...?" The old man inquired.

"...Nah, Sasheem's just gonna read a book," the Majin noted, drawing one of the books he stole from Eva's library from his bag, beginning to browse through it.

"Oh! Uh...okay?" The old man shrugged, before rubbing his brow in mild frustration. "Books, huh..." he muttered quietly to himself. "Didn't figure you for the type."

Parsley observed Meagan closely when she came out to the Plaza with the declaration that she had an announcement to make. This, obviously, garnered much attention, Parsley's included. She thought it was going to be something important, such as her guardian abilities gave her some sort of insight into the situation at hand. That would have put her in a better light, whereas before she hadn't really registered on Parsley's radar at all due to lack of association.

Instead of something pertinent, it was something... relatively unimportant. A marriage proposal, with the pairing ceremony or whatever they called it on Chroma due to take place three days from now.

Some, including her sister offered their congratulations. Parsley wasn't so cold that she didn't recognize how momentous an occasion this was for the two in question. It was a happy moment, in a day marred by more conflict and the weighty girth of universal responsibilities that had settled on each of their shoulders. They could all use something to distract them, even if only for a day.

Even still, Parsley couldn't muster up anything more than a lazy 'meh'. She didn't know Meagan and she hadn't even met Jinzi. She knew of him, certainly thanks to second-hand accounts of his genius and his previous shenanigans on Vocado some time ago. Still, that wasn't enough for her to feel the need to offer a congratulations or anything of the like.

She sighed and turned away from the group, preferring to look into the morning sky. From this vantage point, high above the ground and floating just below the clouds, everything was so peaceful, so tranquil. Even with the roiling pit of confused anguish boiling inside her heart, Parsley felt at peace. Only a little while. Despite the reassurances Ishtar and Sarada gave her the day before, she still felt the lingering effects of the suffering she endured at the hands of Appel and her people. If she had held on just for a little while longer, she would have been saved.

Only a little while.

It was easy to say that now. It was easy to say that after the fact. During... hanging on was impossible. No amount of willpower could stave off death when her time had come. Not when she was so sure she had nothing and no one waiting for her.

By some miracle, she was alive again, but at what cost. The moment she took her last breath replayed in her head over and over and over again. It haunted her dreams. She didn't get a wink of sleep last night, instead standing here on the Plaza staring up at the moon that no longer held that dangerous sway on her. While Sarada and Ishtar enjoyed each other in their own little getaway, Parsley shook and trembled as flashbacks and memories assaulted her mind. Appel's voice replayed in her head, taunting her every second of every minute of every hour.

Even now, she could hear her taunts, and see her sneering scowl. The pure, unadulterated hatred that seeped from the behind that damned woman's glasses haunted Parsley.

It was easy for Ishtar and Sarada to attempt to talk her out of the rut she found herself in, but neither of them knew the depths of what Parsley did. Neither of them knew of the intent those animals had. If Parsley had held on for a little while longer... why?

From her standpoint, the only thing waiting was more pain, more humiliation, more suffering. Death was a release she had been waiting for for days at that point, and when it came, she accepted it gladly.

Even if she recounted every minute detail of what happened in that small, cramped room while she was chained to that wall, it would do no good. How can one truly understand unless they endure the same trial, the same suffering...

The same death.

Until she met such a person, then she would be forced to bear this unendurable weight by herself.

Parsley turned back around and eyed the others. Their joy, their joviality, their happiness. It meant nothing to her. She doubted she would be able to feel happiness again without it being immediately followed and squashed by the crushing girth of sordid memories. Her guilt would eventually be assuaged the more she redeemed herself to her sister, she was sure. This... stress and anxiety and lack of sleep and nightmares when she could sleep and the memories and the flashbacks and the voices taunting her every thought... those would never go away.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Alt Zaofan finishes his donut while Jinzi examines the CLOWT.

“Well, seems interrogating time. Ask yer questions, folks, and I’ll answer as best I can.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

“Well, seems interrogating time. Ask yer questions, folks, and I’ll answer as best I can.”
    Finally. Sarada stepped forward to start the round of questioning. "For those absent the initial meeting, can you explain how this evil Jinzi manages to travel through time? A time machine? Did he make a wish for the power to do so? What?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

Meagan wasn't sure how much information they could get from him, there were some questions she wanted to ask. Especially as to what drove the other Jinzi over the edge and what motivate him, but she wasn't sure that the Sheriff would have those answers. Instead, she asked, "Can you give us any details as to what the Doctor's Lab looked like? Or if you saw him carrying any objects, tools, weapons, anything like that might help us figure out what he is doing or how he is doing it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley observed Meagan closely when she came out to the Plaza with the declaration that she had an announcement to make. This, obviously, garnered much attention, Parsley's included. She thought it was going to be something important, such as her guardian abilities gave her some sort of insight into the situation at hand. That would have put her in a better light, whereas before she hadn't really registered on Parsley's radar at all due to lack of association.

Instead of something pertinent, it was something... relatively unimportant. A marriage proposal, with the pairing ceremony or whatever they called it on Chroma due to take place three days from now.

Some, including her sister offered their congratulations. Parsley wasn't so cold that she didn't recognize how momentous an occasion this was for the two in question. It was a happy moment, in a day marred by more conflict and the weighty girth of universal responsibilities that had settled on each of their shoulders. They could all use something to distract them, even if only for a day.

Even still, Parsley couldn't muster up anything more than a lazy 'meh'. She didn't know Meagan and she hadn't even met Jinzi. She knew of him, certainly thanks to second-hand accounts of his genius and his previous shenanigans on Vocado some time ago. Still, that wasn't enough for her to feel the need to offer a congratulations or anything of the like.

She sighed and turned away from the group, preferring to look into the morning sky. From this vantage point, high above the ground and floating just below the clouds, everything was so peaceful, so tranquil. Even with the roiling pit of confused anguish boiling inside her heart, Parsley felt at peace. Only a little while. Despite the reassurances Ishtar and Sarada gave her the day before, she still felt the lingering effects of the suffering she endured at the hands of Appel and her people. If she had held on just for a little while longer, she would have been saved.

Only a little while.

It was easy to say that now. It was easy to say that after the fact. During... hanging on was impossible. No amount of willpower could stave off death when her time had come. Not when she was so sure she had nothing and no one waiting for her.

By some miracle, she was alive again, but at what cost. The moment she took her last breath replayed in her head over and over and over again. It haunted her dreams. She didn't get a wink of sleep last night, instead standing here on the Plaza staring up at the moon that no longer held that dangerous sway on her. While Sarada and Ishtar enjoyed each other in their own little getaway, Parsley shook and trembled as flashbacks and memories assaulted her mind. Appel's voice replayed in her head, taunting her every second of every minute of every hour.

Even now, she could hear her taunts, and see her sneering scowl. The pure, unadulterated hatred that seeped from the behind that damned woman's glasses haunted Parsley.

It was easy for Ishtar and Sarada to attempt to talk her out of the rut she found herself in, but neither of them knew the depths of what Parsley did. Neither of them knew of the intent those animals had. If Parsley had held on for a little while longer... why?

From her standpoint, the only thing waiting was more pain, more humiliation, more suffering. Death was a release she had been waiting for for days at that point, and when it came, she accepted it gladly.

Even if she recounted every minute detail of what happened in that small, cramped room while she was chained to that wall, it would do no good. How can one truly understand unless they endure the same trial, the same suffering...

The same death.

Until she met such a person, then she would be forced to bear this unendurable weight by herself.

Parsley turned back around and eyed the others. Their joy, their joviality, their happiness. It meant nothing to her. She doubted she would be able to feel happiness again without it being immediately followed and squashed by the crushing girth of sordid memories. Her guilt would eventually be assuaged the more she redeemed herself to her sister, she was sure. This... stress and anxiety and lack of sleep and nightmares when she could sleep and the memories and the flashbacks and the voices taunting her every thought... those would never go away.
    From the other side, footsteps approached her. Dash, seeing Parsley alone, decided to come over. "Meagan told me once of what happened before they made it to Chroma. Did your sister every mention it to you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "In three days." Cyanna smiled, then thought, "Oh, what should I wear? I need a dress, a pretty one."
    "You look pretty good as is," Charco admitted honestly before shoving another piece of steak into his mouth. Of course, he knew that she would still want to get prettied up for such a special occasion, but it was worth saying to him.