Page 61 of 434 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Thanks!

As much as I can answer this, there's no real reason. It's not going to happen. It's like opining about how I might react if Jesus showed up at my house and wanted to be bros. A prerequisite to Lorna getting anything like this would be people at Marvel having some semblance of respect for her and fans of her. They don't. They think she only exists to trick people into buying books
    lol. I can guarantee you in the entire history of Marvel no one who works there has ever had the thought of "You know what will get more people to buy this comic? Putting Lorna on the cover".

Like, what.

Also, you saw what JDW thought of her, and that fan interest is low.....because it is? What else would you expect him to say, his opinion is based in reality.
    Last edited by Punch Dimension.; 07-10-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Well, I am one who gets tempted to buy books with Lorna in the cover, only to find out that her role isn't great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Destiny’s finally back but Blindfold’s dead. Carey is out there somewhere, crying.
    Rofl, thanks for that.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    This must be your first uebersoldat post.
    I have fans? ...cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Don’t you think trying to drum up outrage about a supposed name change based on an offhand comment by one person reeks of bullshit straight out of the alt-right playbook, just a tiny bit? Oh no, the SJWs are going to destroy our hobby unless we all eat red meat and boycott comics that are not about a white man saving everyone.
    I feeeeel like we've been cool in the past so I'm just gonna let this one go.

HoX/PoX raised an eyebrow, that is all. Let's see what Hickman does and hope the ...more extreme progressives don't push for changing the name too loudly as a 'fake hoax'. It's already been established that it's a possibility but that there was no proof. I agree with that now.

Anyway, is there a summary of what's happened with the X-Men since Gold/Blue? I know Cyclops and Wolvie came back but...are they real? I don't even know any more. I've only been picking up Thompson's Rogue and Gambit stuff for the past year or so. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Well, I am one who gets tempted to buy books with Lorna in the cover, only to find out that her role isn't great.
    Me too.

In addition, Lorna is one of the oldest female characters in the X-Men! I was a girl reading these books back in the 1960s and the only girl character around was Jean, and then Lorna was introduced and she was a breath of fresh air! At the time, Magneto's daughter (later not, now she's definitely his daughter again)! I find it so annoying, the lack of respect shown Polaris. Yes, she should have been on that cover, not the least of which reason is her popularity due to the GIFTED television show.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    From what I recall, Hickman said the books were much larger. He saw sites advertising them as 40 page count, then noted it was much more.
    first issue of House of X has 60 pages, I heard

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    A lot of Hickman's New Avengers is built on the T'challa/Namor rivalry which is part of the fallout from AvX, his FF run was basically a follow-up to Millar's run, etc. Don't know where this sentiment that Hickman will ignore everything that ever happened comes from
    I think people are referencing recent stuff, since Hickman started working on x-men books 1 year before the anouncement.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-10-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Also that Asrar design from Dauterman:

Geez why is Storm so hot? She could wear 90s thug draws and still be a dime.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Storm is stunning. This art is stunning. So correct me if I'm wrong, this isn't official teaser art for HoX/PoX but an example of the artist Dauterman's work, and he's been officially announced for an X-Book post HoX/PoX? Where was this "Young Guns" feature posted? Or was it in comic book form?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I legit think she is the best looking and way more versatile than any other x-woman when it comes to different styles.
    She looks good on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    lol. I can guarantee you in the entire history of Marvel no one who works there has ever had the thought of "You know what will get more people to buy this comic? Putting Lorna on the cover".

Like, what.

Also, you saw what JDW thought of her, and that fan interest is low.....because it is? What else would you expect him to say, his opinion is based in reality.
    Actually, his opinion is based in bias, not reality. I've both experienced and seen firsthand how wrong he is.

When I discovered Lorna, I immediately went out to the nearest LCS and bought anything I saw that had Lorna on the cover. Over the past couple years, including just yesterday, people have asked about what Polaris comics are out there that they should read. Gifted's version of Lorna (the first REAL representation she's had in a long time) became the breakout star of the show, contrary to how promo and Marvel activity of the time seemed to expect Blink. I've seen countless fanart, cosplay, fanart, fanfic, and even some very unexpected fan work tied to her. People have gotten tattoos of her. That's not done lightly.

The fandom is there. It's more than big enough to give the character the same chance as countless other characters. Strong Guy Reborn. Warlock. Maverick. Even Lockjaw got a mini. If those "obscure" characters can get representation to the point of oneshots, minis and solo books, then why can't Lorna get it?

I was about to agree with you on the idea of nobody at Marvel thinking Lorna on a cover would sell a comic. Because Marvel has an entrenched corporate culture which holds her back, lends to only hiring people that think the same way, and dissuading those who don't (I wouldn't want to work there, for example). But in honesty? Marvel has shown they think Lorna on a cover can sell - because they've used it twice since 2017 to attempt a bait-and-switch for Havok. X-Men Blue #9 was announced as Lorna's return to comics, with a cover in homage to X-Men #50, but the issue was all about using Lorna to build up Havok and Magneto. Marvel Tales: X-Men is coming out, putting Lorna on its cover, but the only story that includes her is Havok's introductory issue that used her as a damsel for his benefit. And then there's Axis and Luminous that I can go into. So even Marvel recognizes she has worth. They just refuse to use it for Lorna herself. Only to promote other (mainly male) characters they like more.

You're probably trolling, but it doesn't really matter if you are cause my answer's the same. Lorna has worth. She'd absolutely sell if given the chance. And JDW's "argument" against it came from a place of no real understanding or awareness about her. But, that was half a year ago. Things could have changed. Not that I expect they have; that's not Marvel. But it's possible.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Wait, did Dauterman design Storm's X-men red outfit or did Asrar?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Wait, did Dauterman design Storm's X-men red outfit or did Asrar?
    Asrar did.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

One of todays random musings by me =

What if - it's Powers of 1 + 0, as in binary code

We discover that, either they have all been living in the matrix, oops sorry, Danger room for some time OR they enter the Danger Room simulation at the beginning of HOX/POX after returning from AOXM.

Xaviers helmet could be manifesting the simulation or allow him to see through it.

It could be a way that the world is keeping the mutants subdued, with only proven 'safe' muties being allowed to exit.

House of X could be the mutants Illuminati

It could be revealed that Destiny was taken out years ago, as she foresaw it all, or maybe she was one of the 'safe' muties that was allowed to exit.

[similar to Age of X, I suppose]
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 07-11-2019 at 04:55 AM.

Close-up pics from the Young Guns book

Destiny’s finally back but Blindfold’s dead. Carey is out there somewhere, crying.
    X is giving me some really strong "I feel yummy" vibes with that body language

X: "Feeling cute. Might take mutants to Mars later. IDK"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I can't believe it took me until Laraz to realise Destiny's costume looks weird.
    "Cable was right!"