Page 378 of 573 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388428478 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 8586
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McMax View Post
    I agree with the H2H debate. It has always been ridiculous to see a 5’3” woman knock out a 6’0+ man with one punch true of both Daisy and May (at least Black Widow uses weapons) and the answer, at least in Daisy’s case is simple. Last weeks ep The Team had Lincoln going through a bunch of HYDRA goons use both H2H and his power combined and the show could do the same trick with Daisy!
    Yeah, they came up with a cool way for him to use his power in close combat without having to kill everyone he fights. It would be interesting for Daisy to learn how to project her power through her hands and feet when she fights. Could be very off-putting for opponents who don't know her to start fighting some little girl and suddenly get hit with a Deontay Wilder right...

Mighty Member

I wa rooting for that Kree to kick Ward's butt.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Knew that wasn't going to happen in episode 19... but it would have been a ballsy move to kill Hive off in this episode, then have Daisy continue his work and become the true Final Boss of the season.

I saw no reason for the Black Canary to die on Arrow and I see no reason for anyone to die on AoS, none!
    There's a part of me that kind of wonders if their budget's maybe been trimmed a bit.

Funny how they are all worried about daisy but didn't care about the clone girl who just died as she was also a shield agent. It's agent 33 all over again. How many times could they have saved Agent 33 but didn't. They knocked her out twice but left her. She was mind controlled just like daisy but they didn't care at all.

The episode is also the first to make me ask "why don't they call in the avengers?" I know they can't get the stars to play the role but there is no in-universe reason why they don't just send in the avengers to take hive out.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 05-03-2016 at 07:25 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    I know they can't get the stars to play the role but there is no in-universe reason why they don't just send in the avengers to take hive out.
    Why do we assume the Avengers are just sitting around doing nothing, waiting to be called in? They were shown to be off chasing down Hydra in between CA:WS and A:AoU, I'm sure they're keeping plenty busy between Age of Ultron and Civil War.

Also, what makes you think Hive wouldn't just EAT the Avengers? He's shown the ability to kill humans in mere moments with his spores. That would be a pretty shitty way to see Iron Man die.

And yes, all of that is pretty much nonsense. Could they call in the Avengers? Sure. But it's not happening. Because no way the movie cast is taking TV guest rates to appear in AoS (well, except for Sam L, but even that was two tiny cameos). Practical realities are what they are. It's the inherent flaw in the shared universe model. (Where were the Avengers during IM3? During Thor 2? During CA:WS?)

But the in universe answer is that the Avengers are just people, they can't be everywhere all the time. Sometimes other people have to solve their own problems.

The Avengers are a bit busy, since the events of Civil War are taking place right about now.

Civil War may wind up being the first Avengers-centric MCU movie that doesn't get directly referenced in AoS. The movie presumably takes place over an extended period of time, and we've heard nothing on AoS about any move to register super-people. Just Hive's clever little reference to a man in an iron suit and a super-soldier going to war...

That's fine with me, since I probably won't see Civil War for a couple of weeks and I don't want to get spoiled by watching AoS.

BANNED

I agree with the H2H debate. It has always been ridiculous to see a 5’3” woman knock out a 6’0+ man with one punch true of both Daisy and May (at least Black Widow uses weapons) and the answer, at least in Daisy’s case is simple. Last weeks ep The Team had Lincoln going through a bunch of HYDRA goons use both H2H and his power combined and the show could do the same trick with Daisy!
    It's seems pretty obvious that she's using her powers to enhance the force of her punches, otherwise she wouldn't have lasted 2 seconds in a fight with the Kree. When Alisha hit him, he barely even noticed.

So their plan to kill Ward/Hive was to sneak up on him and then shoot him a lot? Phil Coulson, tactical genius, ladies and gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    So their plan to kill Ward/Hive was to sneak up on him and then shoot him a lot? Phil Coulson, tactical genius, ladies and gentlemen.
    To be fair, Hive's last host was taken out with a flare gun by Fitz. Of course, he's gotten a lot stronger by now but they couldn't gauge how much stronger.. And I think it was just the big gun was the only one they expected to have a chance of taking Hive out. All the other shots was just to soften him up.

Speaking of which, my No Prize explanation as why they didn't break out the 084 gun Coulson used to disintegrate Garrett against Ward is that it's out of energy and they hadn't figured out how to recharge its power pack yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Yeah, didn't Simmons just establish that gunshots really didn't inconvenience him that much at all?

The healing factor seems to be new, though. Otherwise he could have just fixed Will's body.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    To be fair, Hive's last host was taken out with a flare gun by Fitz. Of course, he's gotten a lot stronger by now but they couldn't gauge how much stronger.. And I think it was just the big gun was the only one they expected to have a chance of taking Hive out. All the other shots was just to soften him up.
    And yet, burning his body nearly to ash failed to actually kill him, even in a weakened state. So it seems pretty unlikely that an RPG would have done the job, even if it had scored a direct hit. And even if they'd managed to destroy the Ward-host body, there were still plenty of corpses scattered around for him to hop into.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    TV Kree are mega weak. And apparently dont have any sort of high-tech weapons.
    I know they gave the excuse of these two were just hanging out in orbit but still... it was weird that they just had axes.

It was interesting to see that a certain someone appears to be going full on Hellfire next week.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Looks like my theory on Alisha's powers was right, she could only conjure one clone all episode.

Doesn't really matter now though, since she is dead.

Excited to see James go full Hellfire next week.

So, they used one of those disintegration things on the blood-donor kree, and never thought to try that on Hive? The same thing, I believe, that Simmons once tried to use on then-alive Ward but that ended up ending Mr. Baskhi instead?

Really?