Page 144 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 44941341401411421431441451461471481541942446441144 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 20948

Also confirms that Superman has been put on a shelf and WB will be concentrating on Supergirl as the Kryptonian of the movies.
    Yeah sounds like it.

Superman has been shelved for now, as a temporary measure to let Supergirl step into the limelight and carry the Kryptonian banner for a little while on the big screen, as the worlds of DC continue to evolve and solidify a path forward. Superman will of course inevitably appear again in movies some day, and I'd remind impatient fans that it has literally only been 14 months since Superman showed up in Justice League, his third outing in the current version of the DCEU and his fourth feature film appearance overall in a 12-year period.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Yeah sounds like it.
    I presume the plan is for Superman to go into space for a while and let Kara take his place.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This whole Supergirl situation just keeps reminding me of how much WB has bungled the Superman brand on-screen to the point where they start banking on a spinoff character instead of the Big Blue himself .

And I say that as someone who loves Supergirl.
    I love her too. A Supergirl film or (preferably) a Superman sequel that introduces her is the big no brainer on how to move forward with Superman. In a world where the Avengers and GOTG are all interacting with each other in a movie, and Tony Stark, Happy Hogan and Nick Fury are all getting screen time in Spider-Man movies*, you'd think seeing Clark and Kara getting to interact on screen together wouldn't be too much to ask for. But I guess it is?

*A reason I have no desire to watch the new Spider-Man films despite thinking the villains look cool and liking Tom Holland in the role.

Damn this Superman news stinks. Seriously weakens my interest in this upcoming slate. Really only looking forward to the new Batman and Blue Beetle at this point

I woke up so happy until I saw the rumor Harley is gonna be starring in Gunn's Suicide Squad
    Considering all the bad publicity the movie is going to get from Gunn's involvement alone I would think Margot would steer clear from that project but we'll see maybe the script is just too good to pass up or something

Superman would have a sequel by now if Gunn didn't choose to do suicide squad instead of mos2
    Frankly the next Superman movie would so hard to do because you would probably need to recast lois lane since amy adams seems done and then you would need to find a way to make this new invincible superman face a challenge.

Supergirl is the right move, there's no stink on her character and if you play it right you can do everything you couldn't do with Snyder's supes this time

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I woke up so happy until I saw the rumor Harley is gonna be starring in Gunn's Suicide Squad
    Considering all the bad publicity the movie is going to get from Gunn's involvement alone I would think Margot would steer clear from that project but we'll see maybe the script is just too good to pass up or something

Superman would have a sequel by now if Gunn didn't choose to do suicide squad instead of mos2
    Frankly the next Superman movie would so hard to do because you would probably need to recast lois lane since amy adams seems done and then you would need to find a way to make this new invincible superman face a challenge.

Supergirl is the right move, there's no stink on her character and if you play it right you can do everything you couldn't do with Snyder's supes this time
    It's better for Gunn to pass if he doesn't want to do it. Last thing we need is a director phoning it in for a paycheck.

Supergirl isn't necessarily the right move. They screwed up Clark, are we all that certain they won't find a way to screw up Kara?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I presume the plan is for Superman to go into space for a while and let Kara take his place.
    Most likely not reference Superman at all, other than as an "Easter Egg".

As for this latest news: sounds like Henry Cavill is "done" with Superman as well, most likely over money issues. It's too bad that Ken Hamada is sticking to his guns about making films on a strict budget, thanks to his predecessors' mistakes. Sad.

For those wishing Affleck had one more shot: he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Oooh, sounds like Harley Oversaturation is going to happen to the movies as well as the comics.
    That's like saying we're getting Black Widow oversaturation. This is getting absurd. There isn't a female comic book character more popular than Harley Quinn than Wonder Woman.

It is crazy to think how they can't get a Superman movie off the ground. That is one of your cornerstone properties and they have no idea how to proceed with it and will just do a Supergirl movie instead. Feels very bizarre. Like it doesn't feel like it should be that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It is crazy to think how they can't get a Superman movie off the ground. That is one of your cornerstone properties and they have no idea how to proceed with it and will just do a Supergirl movie instead. Feels very bizarre. Like it doesn't feel like it should be that complicated.
    Seems like nobody wants to do a Superman movie judging by all the directors who have passed on taking on the project. Can't blame WB for the lack of interest when other properties are attracting talent...
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    That's like saying we're getting Black Widow oversaturation. This is getting absurd. There isn't a female comic book character more popular than Harley Quinn than Wonder Woman.
    Um, what? Black Widow is a supporting character at best in most of the movies she's been in. If you said "Wolverine saturation", then you'd have a point.

But is there Harley Quinn oversaturation? By the time Birds of Prey comes out, it will be three and a half years since Robbie's last appearance as the character in Suicide Squad. Then there will be another year at the least before the next Suicide Squad movie comes out.

It's still a much milder rate of appearances than Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine and Batman on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Seems like nobody wants to do a Superman movie judging by all the directors who have passed on taking on the project. Can't blame WB for the lack of interest when other properties are attracting talent...
    If they don't ask around with those that might be interested to do it to begin with its no wonder. What a cheap excuse on their side.

Wasn't the prevalent complaint against WB previous to the DCEU that they weren't stepping out of their Superman/Batman comfort zone when it came to DC characters? Now that they are willing to give other characters a chance and Superman is on a break, the complaint is "There isn't enough Superman on the big screen"? You can't please them all.