Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, a Blade book is probably wishful thinking at this point. Still, he's being used. And the vampire stuff is getting a pretty big spotlight in Avengers. So at least down the road this might all lead to something.
    I just want him to be a long term member on a team book. He'll probably spend about a year on the Avengers, but then he could easily fall into limbo again for a year or so. I think he would have fit great on that new Savage Avengers book.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I just want him to be a long term member on a team book. He'll probably spend about a year on the Avengers, but then he could easily fall into limbo again for a year or so. I think he would have fit great on that new Savage Avengers book.
    I really hope Blade moves over to Savage Avengers. He is absolutely a perfect fit for the team.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I really hope Blade moves over to Savage Avengers. He is absolutely a perfect fit for the team.
    He's almost too perfect. I like Voodoo on that team because he's a nice, relatively peaceful guy compared to everyone else. Blade is just another hardcore badass.

Personally, I’m glad he is on the “main” team. It gives him a bettter chance to be exposed to the broader audience and become a natural fit. Thereby giving him a greater chance to star in his own title. Not only that he is one of the few original Black Male characters without any side-eye baggage tied to him like being gangester and so on. The character deserves a shot at being a major player in the MU and being on the Avengers kill squad would dampen that I believe.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

I'd agree with that, but I guess we just haven't seen it play out like that yet. He was a main character in that x-men arc a few years back, and it didn't lead anywhere. He was on Mighty Avengers and it didn't really lead anywhere. He was in that Dr. Strange event. Seems more and more writers have a Blade story they want to write, they do it in their main book, then they put him away.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Personally, I’m glad he is on the “main” team. It gives him a bettter chance to be exposed to the broader audience and become a natural fit. Thereby giving him a greater chance to star in his own title. Not only that he is one of the few original Black Male characters without any side-eye baggage tied to him like being gangester and so on. The character deserves a shot at being a major player in the MU and being on the Avengers kill squad would dampen that I believe.
    I think best case scenario might be if he's on both teams at different times.

Certainly being on the main Avengers team will give him more spotlight and importance than any Avengers satellite book. That said, I'm guessing (perhaps wrongly) that he's going to be rotated out of the Avengers after the vampire arc is done, similar to the way Strange was rotated out of the roster. If that's true, after a run on the main team I think being on the kill squad would be a nice home for the character. He's a good fit in a lot of ways.

I'd agree with that, but I guess we just haven't seen it play out like that yet. He was a main character in that x-men arc a few years back, and it didn't lead anywhere. He was on Mighty Avengers and it didn't really lead anywhere. He was in that Dr. Strange event. Seems more and more writers have a Blade story they want to write, they do it in their main book, then they put him away.
    I think it's an issue of a lot of writers having a vampire story to write. And when they do, they throw in Blade. But once that story is over, Blade is gone. Blade is such a specifically niched character, making a lot of his appearances in the bigger more mainstream books like X-Men and Avengers one shot deals.

He keeps getting switched out because his motivation as a character is to singular focused and he is being written very much as a one-trick pony. A good writer needs to come in and expanded his motivation slightly in away that works for the character, so Blade can be used more frequently and get locked in the rotation cycle.

I also feel that putting him on Savage Avengers would be a mistake. For the most part Blade only kills monsters, demons, and Vamps. All of which is acceptable to just about everyone. As soon as the character gets comfortable killing humans where and how he gets used becomes limited.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

if he can be on the avengers as long as possible, that's good. Vision, Wasp, hawkeye, had lengthy tenures, and came to be identified closely with the team, building followings without having a "solo base" compared to Cap, Iron Man, Thor, etc.

Mighty Member

He keeps getting switched out because his motivation as a character is to singular focused and he is being written very much as a one-trick pony. A good writer needs to come in and expanded his motivation slightly in away that works for the character, so Blade can be used more frequently and get locked in the rotation cycle.

I also feel that putting him on Savage Avengers would be a mistake. For the most part Blade only kills monsters, demons, and Vamps. All of which is acceptable to just about everyone. As soon as the character gets comfortable killing humans where and how he gets used becomes limited.
    I think that's the plot of the Savage Avengers though. Evil sorcerers are trading magical secrets with the Hand. Seems right up Blade's alley. Moreso than the Punisher at least.

Besides, Blade has already often killed humans simply because vampires have many human servants. Pretty much anytime you go after any vampire of note during the day, you are going to have to plow through their human and animal guards.

Exactly, after War of The Realms is over he's gonna be gone from the main team so he might as well move to Savage Avengers where he doesn't have to be put away after a vampire story. Being on the stab squad is perfect for Blade. Duggan doesn't even have to do a vamp story and Blade's purpose on the team is still a no brainer.

Punisher and Elektra kill humans a plenty and they've seen more use than Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Punisher and Elektra kill humans a plenty and they've seen more use than Blade.
    They seen more use on there own or as side features in some one else's title. As of yet do they get to rub noses with Major characters on the regular.

Punisher isn't best buds with Cap, Iron Man or anyone else. Blade has the potential to establish those relationships due to his stance, is all I'm saying. His non-kill humans policy leaves the door open to be use more in various ways. Like children's cartoons, books, and tv shows. As a main star, not as a one off who gets shunted back into a corner.

I just feel leaning him to hard in the Savage Avengers route would be a mistake long term for the character. It be a non-issue if there where more interesting Original Black Males at Marvel.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 02-17-2019 at 12:28 PM.

They seen more use on there own or as side features in some one else's title. As of yet do they get to rub noses with Major characters on the regular.

Punisher isn't best buds with Cap, Iron Man or anyone else. Blade has the potential to establish those relationships due to his stance, is all I'm saying. His non-kill humans policy leaves the door open to be use more in various ways. Like children's cartoons, books, and tv shows. As a main star, not as a one off who gets shunted back into a corner.
    Wolverine does have a history of killing people, and he did end up as buddies with Cap. So lethal force isn't necessarily a deal breaker.

But beyond that, we haven't seem the book yet. This group might largely target monster and such rather than people.