Page 69 of 106 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1590
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    This is a great analogy and shows why I can’t for the life of me understand the thought process of people who think the humans are being mistreated in this storyline. Like what in the world?? Same goes for people who see #JusticeforSabretooth as the hill they want to die on. I have a hard time thinking of a more sadistic, vile, gleefully murderous and unabashedly savage individual. Even faced with sentencing all he could do was froth at the mouth and revel in the thought of tearing them all to pieces. And their kids. And their kids’ kids. This is after he was told not to take human life on their mission. After he was brought to Krakoa and informed how bloody important this initiative was to mutantkind. AFTER he was given his blank slate second chance. After he risked the mission’s success, almost causing Mystique and Toad not to make it back through the portal with intel that was ESSENTIAL to the survival of the mutant race. The man is lucky he wasn’t executed with the backups permanently deleted. A decision that I’m sure will come back to haunt them all. Give me a break.
    Not that I want to beat this dead horse, but no one is dying on any hill. It seems to me that some readers felt it was just worth mentioning for different reasons. Whether it was because it made them question this mutant law and how things worked in this new government ("You can judge a society by how well it treats its prisoners". Fyodor Dostoevsky), or they just like the character and people support characters they like because it is serialized fiction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Same goes for people who see #JusticeforSabretooth as the hill they want to die on.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    That's what I thought initially, given that it was at Forge's home in Dallas. However, some of the visual cues in the sequence - Xavier's chair and Forge's X-Men uniform in the sequence - both suggest, at the earliest, the UXM 250s/dissolution/Muir Isle X-Men era. When I pointed this out people said it wasn't possible because Xavier was in Shi'ar space at the time. (I believe he still could've quietly made a trip to Earth without telling the X-Men, but that's me.) They also noted that Xavier was wheelchair-bound. Xavier wasn't crippled again until the end of the Muir Isle Saga, just before Adjectiveless - when Forge (in that uniform) was well-ensconced with the X-Men.

It's certainly possible the visual cues mean nothing and that Forge and Xavier met in the '80s, plain and simple, before he left in UXM #200. That was my first take. I've just heard a lot of arguments against in the last week and I think they're valid.
    I totally agree with you. I believe their meeting most likely happened between X-Factor 70 and adjectiveless X-Men 1.There was an unknown time between the two books. It had to take months to rebuild the mansion. While that was happening, Forge could have been chillin back in Dallas.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    It may end up being pertinent at some point - IIRC, last week's Powers of X would suggest Xavier didn't start backing up mutant minds until the early '90s, around the beginning of Adjectiveless. If that's the case that means Destiny and possibly the Hellions are out of the game.
    I was wondering about this too. I’d been assuming that if they could, they would have restored Irene by now, if only to ensure Madam’s good behaviour. Or perhaps they’re hoping a seat on the council will be enough to keep her in line? Yeah, right.

BANNED

Mystique's first demand for good behavior would be resurrecting Irene, if it's possible. Emma and the Hellions would not be far behind (Skin and Synch are both back). So we'll see.

BANNED

Can we lock this thread while we're on 69?

I have a question about one panel in the issue. When Xavier is telepathically talking to the world, they show panels with Karima, the couple from the mother mold station, and a guy with a visor and tubes in front of an orange background. I haven't been able to figure out who that is. Any ideas?

#justiceforsabretooth

getthafudouttahere with that nonsense
    Last edited by CGAR; 10-03-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dumdumdumdumdum View Post
    I have a question about one panel in the issue. When Xavier is telepathically talking to the world, they show panels with Karima, the couple from the mother mold station, and a guy with a visor and tubes in front of an orange background. I haven't been able to figure out who that is. Any ideas?
    It has been brought up, some pages back the image of the panel was attached. The best 'guess' I saw was it might have been one of the Orchis leaders (Killian Devo) listed in issue #1.

They need to resurrect Birdy already.

#JusticeForBirdy

Love how creepy and foreboding this story is. We continue to have Xaviers faced cropped, even when hes not wearing his helmet. Making the entire human race pay for the price of the few has turned them into the enemy, and I have a feeling the XMen will have some major adjustments coming when it comes to humility. One of the best X runs in years.

As for the Sabretooth ruling, I think it was the council doing two things: setting president (no unjustly killing to humans) and (mainly) getting rid of an inevitable problem. Everyone there know nothing would stop him from causing trouble on the island. He would defiantly have gone on a killing spree for the pettiest of slight, especially if he knew his victim would simply be reborn. And he wouldn't have stayed on the "boring" island when every mutant can go as they please. Why go through the trouble?

In my head-cannon I can see Evangeline Whedon, Sage, Prodigy (if he was willing to die so he can be reborn with his powers back), along with the council to draft a formal constitution that expends on those 3 laws and create more laws for the mutant race living on Krakoa. I doubt anyone would be fighting for Creed's "rights" before the laws were established even if it is the right thing to do.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    They need to resurrect Birdy already.

#JusticeForBirdy
    I don't think many even remember her. Many don't remember Creed used to wear suits frequently, let alone Birdy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I don't think many even remember her. Many don't remember Creed used to wear suits frequently, let alone Birdy. lol
    Everyone things he is savage, so first thing I noticed is that he is wearing a suit on those pics.

He just threw her in the water? wth Creed

Thank you. Its been bugging me since last night. I started thinking it was Mentallo, which seems really random.