Page 1012 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 125129129621002100810091010101110121013101410151016102210621112 ... LastLast
Results 15,166 to 15,180 of 16893

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "If, as you seem to imply, I had intentions of fighting them alone, we would not be here right now discussing strategy.
    ...that is literally what Meagan said:

After thinking on it, Meagan nods, "Okay, we'll do it you way. But once the children are safe, I'm going after the Demons myself. Just, everyone watch your backs. From the rumors I've heard, the Demons have their own ways of stealth, the kind that would put Chris the Knife to shame. Or maybe their just very fast, I'm not sure which."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    And Ocha just wanted to ask her what kind of shampoo she uses for her mane. LOL
    To clear up that mess it has to be something extremely potent.

Even rough and tumble Saiyans know the virtues of good grooming.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    ...that is literally what Meagan said:
    She ddin't say "By Myself" she just said that she would go after the Demons, as in join the battle against the Demons.

Seriously, what did Ochazuke think Meagan could do? Wave her hand and magically make all of the GP and all her team mates vanish so that she had the fight all to herself? Where is the logic in that?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

She ddin't say "By Myself" she just said that she would go after the Demons, as in join the battle against the Demons.

Seriously, what did Ochazuke think Meagan could do? Wave her hand and magically make all of the GP and all her team mates vanish so that she had the fight all to herself? Where is the logic in that?
    ...what?

Meagan: I am going after the Demons. They are probably stealthy like Chris the Knife, or something, they are largely a mystery.

Ochazuke: The war is yours, this battle is not. Don't forget that we stand beside you. Also not a great idea to charge toward the mystery enemy.

Miras: Yeah, don't go crazy.

Meagan: My wish from the Dragon pushes me toward my destiny and the Kaio-ken

Ochazuke: Providence and Destiny, sure, but if you want to see it done, be mindful that you're not alone.

Meagan: I HAVE THE POWER. OF KAIO-KEN.

Ochazuke: AND WE'RE WILLING TO FIGHT BESIDE YOU.

Meagan: ARE YOU DEAF?!

...what?

Meagan: I am going after the Demons. They are probably stealthy like Chris the Knife, or something, they are largely a mystery.

Ochazuke: The war is yours, this battle is not. Don't forget that we stand beside you. Also not a great idea to charge toward the mystery enemy.

Miras: Yeah, don't go crazy.

Meagan: My wish from the Dragon pushes me toward my destiny and the Kaio-ken

Ochazuke: Providence and Destiny, sure, but if you want to see it done, be mindful that you're not alone.

Meagan: I HAVE THE POWER. OF KAIO-KEN.

Ochazuke: AND WE'RE WILLING TO FIGHT BESIDE YOU.

Meagan: ARE YOU DEAF?!
    Talk about cherry picking. Pick any more cherry's and you might as well make pie for everyone.

Talk about cherry picking. Pick any more cherry's and you might as well make pie for everyone.
    ...okay yeah, I'm done here.

Bye.

That's not cherry picking at all. That's pretty much literally the conversation right now just shortened to single sentences.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

To clarify, I'm going to have Ochazuke sit out of this arc on hiatus and have good long think of whether I want to continue with all of this recent, frivilous drama. There's no point in trying to RP if there's no rapport between players, whether being ignored or shunted off to the side by mystery NPCs.

Having your character be challenged through dialogue and interactions is one of the ways your character is fundamentally built and the meat of the storytelling in the game. The irony of your accusation of cherry picking is not lost on me, given your selective reading and omission of words to respond to.

Seriously, I was attempting to build character and develop a meaningful dialog between Ochazuke and Meagan. If all you can see is a character trying to steal your plot, your prestige, all the EXPs, I don't know what to tell you.

I'll take the PL hit, this is asinine.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

To clear up that mess it has to be something extremely potent.

Even rough and tumble Saiyans know the virtues of good grooming.
    Shampoo and hair gel are the two biggest imports in the Saiyan empire. They take their hygiene very seriously, to the shock of most people.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

This has never happened to me in an RPG before and am I am at a total loss.

Truth be told, I honestly thought the first posts of the exchange were right up their alleys, with Meagan being the planetary liberator and Ochazuke being the jaded pragmatist. Those two personalities tend to clash in real life (heck, that's politics these days, even if both people are on the same side -- and why activists and politicians rarely mix well, even though they're both valid) so it read natural to me.

Ishtar is attempting to figure out how best to carry a child into danger.

Perhaps she will use her tail.

Sarada ! You are a tail bearing race of kill, or be killed, what would your insight be ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Sarada ! You are a tail bearing race of kill, or be killed, what would your insight be ?
    Ishtar should wrap her tail around Eresh's waist to carry her around, then use her as either a bludgeoning weapon or projectile if the need arises.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"But once the children are safe, I'm going after the Demons myself" is a statement reasonably interpretable to mean either an intention to fight solo, or a statement of one's personal intentions.

Tami: Nobody is out to get you in this game. If we have a problem with the story direction, I'm pretty sure we can at least be trusted not to be passive aggressive about it. Frankly, Meagan is the most memorable character you've ever created, at least from my perspective. She's had agency, risks have been taken with her character, she's got a fleshed out background, all the makings of good roleplaying. As I've said before, I want to see more of her and am enjoying what I see. In fact, Meagan and Ochazuke's arguments in-game are juicy material, and I enjoyed reading the interaction between them. But if people cannot challenge Meagan without putting you off personally, that's going to severely limit the possible scope of interaction. Nobody is out to get you, but I doubt any of us are here to pitter patter around anybody's ego either. That's what brought down Silver Knight, Captain England and even Chou.

The big difference is that you've never, ever had a problem with trying to make yourself overpowered. But living vicariously through your character to the point that people challenging you in-game is an indictment of you personally? That's not healthy, for you or for the game. I'm really glad you've taken a much more active role with Meagan than with past characters and are looking for interaction, but as Rocky says, "you've gotta be willing to take the hits."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWYZmmt_hRs&t=2m57s

Grampagen: You already knew from yesterday that Tami didn't respond well to Ochazuke's approach and took things personally. Yet instead of trying to adapt and communicate beforehand to make sure you and Tami were on the same page, you rammed head first into the exact same sore spot yet again. I dont know why you expected a different result. Ochazuke is a confrontational hardass with a well-hidden heart, and we love him for it. But anyone acting like that in real life would be asking to get their ass beat, or at the least socially shunned. If a problem develops between players arising from this sort of behavior, isn't the proper step supposed to be de-escalation? If someone has a personal problem with what you're doing, they're generally not seeing your point of view. Acting as if said point of view should be obvious and intuitive when it's plainly not in this instance isn't going to help matters.

Tami is, as far as I can see, the first one to react negatively to the Ochazuke treatment in the six months he's been going around doing his thing. And instead of either working it out or just refraining from directly interacting, you're put off enough to consider quitting not just this arc, but the game entirely? You're a veteran of Cleric games, you've seen plenty more drama than this and come through alright.

Ochazuke: You should have been prepared for the backlash from those unprepared for your harsh approach. If your resolve has grown so fragile that a petty argument with one player is enough to make you quit, then you were too weak to have been playing me anyway.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 06-07-2018 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Just in! Ishtar is the new Kekowa. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Truth be told, I honestly thought the first posts of the exchange were right up their alleys, with Meagan being the planetary liberator and Ochazuke being the jaded pragmatist. Those two personalities tend to clash in real life (heck, that's politics these days, even if both people are on the same side -- and why activists and politicians rarely mix well, even though they're both valid) so it read natural to me.
    Seconded. As I said above, I thought the actual interplay Ochazuke and Meagan were having was excellent stuff.