Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Interesting to see so many alternate timelines etc... seemingly affecting the DCU at the same time more or less.

But yeah I know it's especially notable to see Kon and Bart returning, but I suppose it's true it's also the closest thing to a classic Sandsmark in a long while depending on how you viewed the New 52 Cassie.

Now if only we could get a version of the Titans of Tomorrow with her and Kiran/Solstice as evil friends.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Interesting to see so many alternate timelines etc... seemingly affecting the DCU at the same time more or less.

But yeah I know it's especially notable to see Kon and Bart returning, but I suppose it's true it's also the closest thing to a classic Sandsmark in a long while depending on how you viewed the New 52 Cassie.

Now if only we could get a version of the Titans of Tomorrow with her and Kiran/Solstice as evil friends.
    I'd rather get her back on her pren52 personality.

Also, I haven't reread the Byrne run, but I'm pretty sure it was hinted she was a daughter of Zeus on there, or at least it's implied by that Zeus gave her limited powers because their "offspring" tended to become arrogant once they got powers. Though as I've said before, I like the normal girl who's the audience surrogate becomes Wonder Girl on her own merits, but I think that having her being half girl, half god also opens a lot of possibilities.

As it is now? I wouldn't mind that goes back to her roots, considering there is too many demigods now, another child of Zeus would be too...boring.

Also, I daydream a lot, so I was thinking that in an ideal world where Diana gets clay, Donna is Diana's adopted sister (possibly descendant of Helen of Troy, still thinking of it), Cassie develops a limited control of electricity. Almost like this.

I like Johns' lasso, but I think that giving her powers that are controllable (but they become less so when she's extremely mad or upset, and by mad or upset I mean over 9000 level of mad) also serves for narrative purposes, sets her apart of Diana, she rarely uses them, because if she's not careful, she might get injured using them, and having cool powers doesn't matter if you get injured (Inspired by Deku from Hero Academia).

On another note, I wouldn't mind that if another Wondy gets introduced (a thing I'm against it -- but I might get convinced of it), I wouldn't mind making Cassie Fury.
    Last edited by sakuyamons; 12-04-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Wonder Girl recently appeared in Injustice 2! Out of the Phantom Zone at last!

Edit: Is Cassie wearing Diana's Odessey costume? It actually fits her!
    Last edited by El_Gato; 12-19-2017 at 05:44 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Wait, is that Blackfire?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Wait, is that Blackfire?
    Nah, that's Starfire.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

I don't read I2 but I hope she survives and fights Diana

She also appeared at the end of Super Sons today, but it was evil Cassie.

art by Magickmarker

I like that look for Cassie. I think it works for her and I wouldn't mind her having something similar to that in the comics if/when she ever returns.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Yeah it does really work.

That look really suits her imo, I’d be interested in her facing Injustice!Diana imo.

I'm not sure about the crown and shoulder guard...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it’s protection I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd probably slim down the tiara and lose the shoulder guard all-together.

I hope Cassie gets her Lasso of Lightning back. I always thought it was a cool weapon. I would love a solo title for Cassie.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I recently read the Super Sons of tomorrow arc, which included Cassie, it's very strange as it appears Raven and Beast boy didn't recognise her despite being in the titans with her. It could just be the multi-verse hyjinx but it definitely seemed odd. I wonder if Cassie has been wiped from memory as she has not appeared since rebirth at all.

Cassie and Donna could pull off the everywoman look easier than Diana can to me.