View Poll Results: Stewart in JL, Baz and Cruz in new jobs?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 29.73%
  • No

45 60.81%
  • Unsure / No opinion

7 9.46%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Jessica should become a metahuman with powers unique to her. So no constructs or light based powers of any kind. From there she should remain a member of the Justice League.

Simon should become a cop or something similar. Maybe help out the Bat Fam from time to time.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

They should go be agents of ARGUS. Their expierences as GLs would make them an asset.

There is nowhere else for them because you would have to go an give them superpowers and another hook.

Dark Matter in metal and some mystical mumbo jumbo for JLD/Mystick u would work.

They could have been the new Hawk couple. Or one of them could be Airwave.

But alas that moment has past.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-14-2018 at 09:30 AM.

Spectacular Member

Putting them in Detective Comics is the last thing I'd do. For starters, I'm not even sure what you'd do with them there. I like the characters but without their rings, they don't really bring much to help the detective team, either in the field or in a support capacity. You could I suppose have them doing civilian stuff, but that brings up the next issue, story space. Detective is already crowded with characters, so there is very little space to go off of the hero stuff. I can't see them getting any more panel time than say, Harper Row, who has appeared briefly in the book. On top of that, there is already discussions about how fan favorites aren't getting enough face time, so adding 2 characters with no link to the bat mythos isn't going to go over well.

Extraordinary Member

Making them stop being lanterns would destroy any chance they have of staying around. There's no place for them anywhere outside of the GL books.

The GL situation is an unfortunate problem but you have so many earth lanterns that you could make a team book with them and be done with it
    Otherwise some characters need to be set into limbo because no one is benefiting from the current situation

Their book is 40 issues in and still selling 25,000 copies (ie well above cancellation range). There is literally nothing needing to be changed except that you don't like them. After 50-60 issues it will dip below 20,000 and you just relaunch with a new #1.

Very few new characters sell this well. This is a success story, regardless of whether the old Green Lantern fandom feels threatened by it.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Why are we so obsessed about re-branding Baz and Cruz? They've earned their stripes and there's more than enough room for them in the GL franchise.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Why are we so obsessed about re-branding Baz and Cruz?
    We aren't - or at least I'm not - but Trey Strain certainly is. I've lost track of how many posts and threads he has that focus relentlessly on getting Jessica and Simon out of the GL business. As a favor to their fans, apparently!

Since he knows what's going to happen to their book (falling sales, cancellation, and he'll repost the poll after that, possibly with a side order of "I told you so!"), and he knows exactly how many Earth GLs the DCU can handle, and he knows that there is space for them in the Bat books, and he knows what we shouldn't suggest they do as non-GLs...

Please don't suggest that they become different colored Lanterns. The emotional spectrum seems to be on the way out, and I imagine their fans would like to see them remain visible.

And please don't suggest putting them in a B Justice League title that would be canceled within four years.
    ... the only question I have is why he cares about the opinions of less knowledgable and less prescient people like ourselves.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Couldn't click on 'no' quick enough.

In John Stewarts case, it's because I'd rather see him headlining a 'Green Lantern Corps' series. Maybe not the head of the overall Corps itself but a prominent Lantern with a team of alien recruits under him. As for Baz and Cruz...

Would I like to see them stripped of their rings and pointlessly inserted into something like Detective Comics? Like I said, where's the 'no' option?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Since he knows what's going to happen to their book (falling sales, cancellation, and he'll repost the poll after that, possibly with a side order of "I told you so!"), and he knows exactly how many Earth GLs the DCU can handle, and he knows that there is space for them in the Bat books, and he knows what we shouldn't suggest they do as non-GLs....
    For me this is actually a bit of a blessing. One of the OP's previous targets was Aquaman, a character that he plainly had never read properly and had no understanding of. The OP actually once insisted that the Aquaman title was on it's way out and that Arthur needed seriously overhauling to 'rescue' him from obscurity. I remember those conversations well. Sadly, the Aquaman title is still out there, something like 18 months later. The 'I told you so's' haven't happened yet in that case and maybe won't in this also.

BANNED

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Doesn't mean they're losing their rings.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Doesn't mean they're losing their rings.
    I'm not worried about their rings, although they'd be better off not being GLs. Give then to Geoff Johns and let him deal with them. The important thing was to get John into JL and to get Baz and Cruz out of it.

Now they need to get Kyle in Titans, Hal in an Earth title and Guy in a space title, and Green Lantern will be back in business.

I'm not worried about their rings, although they'd be better off not being GLs. Give then to Geoff Johns and let him deal with them. The important thing was to get John into JL and to get Baz and Cruz out of it.

Now they need to get Kyle in Titans, Hal in an Earth title and Guy in a space title, and Green Lantern will be back in business.
    Right well that means the Guardians are back to running the Corp which is not a good thing as shown when the council was re-established. And I'm sure Simon and Jessica are still headlining their own titles but I will wait until proven other wise.

BANNED

This needs to be accompanied by a reboot of Green Lantern that erases everything that's ever made Hal, John, Guy and Kyle look bad. Or that designates Hal as "the greatest."

This needs to be accompanied by a reboot of Green Lantern that erases everything that's ever made Hal, John, Guy and Kyle look bad. Or that designates Hal as "the greatest."
    And Simon and Jessica as well well not when they have been quite well received and they are the creations of their Chief Creative Officer so unlikely.