Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

hawkeye-01.jpg

Actually, just want to know which version of Hawkeye is your favourite. The comic Hawkeye is including with every era of Clint. Imagine if you like Ronin Hawkeye, this count as the comic version.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    It's not like I flatout disliked him. He had some good episodes in-between and profited from the fact that the show balanced the powerlevels out between the Avengers quite a bit compared to the comics and movies which allowed him to do some cool stuff during, for example, the Civil War (which was only slightly less bad than Comic Civil War and that's not a compliment, lol).
    But for every Halloween Episode you had three where he was the constant butt of the jokes to the point where it bordered on annoying. But that's less an issue with him personally and more with the writing of the characters in the show in general which was inconsistent to say the least.
    Again not trying to dunk on your opinion here. I just wanted to expand on mine.
    I can get that the constant reminders that he's the "weakest link" of the Avengers can get a tad annoying. They also further reinforced the common misconception that the street level heroes/villains are liabilities to the team. The bright side is despite of that the tiresome jokes, Hawkeye is consistently shown to be top of his game and always outmaneuvering and outsmarting his opponents like the episode when he evaded Zemo and his Masters of Evil.

OMG this is droolworthy. And kinda reminds me of the Hawkeye Initiative lol. Because of his skimpy attire which tends to be the outfits of most female superheroes, unfortunately. Just wondering what is the issue of this glorious outift? You know for science...

I know people who consider themselves Hawkeye fans who have read half as much as you. Take it easy
    I myself have a huge Blindspot for most everything pre Disassembled. West Coast Avengers? Barely read anything. Thunderbolts? Didn't read half of it.
    Hehe thanks

tbh I'm intimidated by Avengers (1963), West Coast Avengers and Thunderbolts because they have a lot of issues. It's definitely going to take months before I can finish all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    Not alone, I genuinely enjoyed him too! I need to do a rewatch soon now that I've finished my EMH rewatch, but I thought he had some great moments and some of the best lines. I just personally wasn't a huge fan of what I watched of Season 5, though the fact that I only watched a few episodes so I was missing some context probably didn't help, nor how I found the change in animation rather offputting. I do genuinely love him and the show though!

And as Matt said you're definitely more informed about and have read more Clint issues than many Clint fans. You don't have to read every storyline to be considered a Clint fan. Just don't read a single run then claim to know everything and hate on other versions of Clint that don't subscribe to that exact version like some people (not here) tend to do lol.
    Avengers Assemble Clint is just so freaking bae *sighs*

haha I can't believe it took this long for me to be a hardcore fan of Clint and it is a pretty silly story too. I've had a soft spot for him ever since his cameo in Thor 1. I watched all the MCU movies since (except for Thor 2 & 3 - was never interested in the Thor character tbh) and I paid extra attention to his scenes and his every movement, which was also partly because my close friend always gushed about him. We love calling him 'our Hawkeye' even when we saw Renner in his other movies. But even after watching all the mcu movies, I still wasn't immersed in the fandom yet. It's only after I saw one of Renner's movies 'Tag' in the Top 10 in my country's Netflix back in August this year and I watched it out of curiosity and while watching it, I couldn't stop thinking that Jerry is exactly like Hawkeye! But with personality lol. Then it got me interested to rewatch Endgame again and then Avengers, AOU and Civil War, and I still thirsted for more Hawkeye content so I researched on the comics and other media adaptations and joined Marvel and Hawkeye communities and here I am. See, such a dumb story. Can't believe I shared it lol.

Yeah I remember him being swallowed randomly by a sea monster and needing a rescue and pep talk to get back into the mix.
    I watched that episode just now. Hawkeye had been slacking during the mission and made some mistakes. To be fair, Nat made some bad judgements as well. They both made mistakes and they encouraged each other a lot. I really like that episode because it showed Clint's and Nat's fierce loyalty to each other. They were attached to the hip and they complemented each other a lot. Also, Clint played a pivotal role in the episode. It just showed what he lacked in brute strength, he made it up with his intelligence and perceptive skills. The episode reminded me why I love Clint Barton so much.

should i take the blue pill and marry clint barton or the red pill to become him
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I watched that episode just now. Hawkeye had been slacking during the mission and made some mistakes. To be fair, Nat made some bad judgements as well. They both made mistakes and they encouraged each other a lot. I really like that episode because it showed Clint's and Nat's fierce loyalty to each other. They were attached to the hip and they complemented each other a lot. Also, Clint played a pivotal role in the episode. It just showed what he lacked in brute strength, he made it up with his intelligence and perceptive skills. The episode reminded me why I love Clint Barton so much.
    This is one of my favourite episodes for many of the reasons you mentioned! Mostly I enjoy it as a Clintasha fan, and their interactions in this episode (and Avengers Assemble in general) make me very happy.

Have you watched Iron Man: Armoured Adventures? I didn't watch the whole series as I wasn't really a fan of the animation, so once again I just went for the Clint and/or Natasha episodes and they're definitely worth watching! Another version of Clint that I really love, and I love how the two characters play off of each other as well.

I can get that the constant reminders that he's the "weakest link" of the Avengers can get a tad annoying. They also further reinforced the common misconception that the street level heroes/villains are liabilities to the team. The bright side is despite of that the tiresome jokes, Hawkeye is consistently shown to be top of his game and always outmaneuvering and outsmarting his opponents like the episode when he evaded Zemo and his Masters of Evil.

OMG this is droolworthy. And kinda reminds me of the Hawkeye Initiative lol. Because of his skimpy attire which tends to be the outfits of most female superheroes, unfortunately. Just wondering what is the issue of this glorious outift? You know for science...

Hehe thanks

tbh I'm intimidated by Avengers (1963), West Coast Avengers and Thunderbolts because they have a lot of issues. It's definitely going to take months before I can finish all of them.

Avengers Assemble Clint is just so freaking bae *sighs*

haha I can't believe it took this long for me to be a hardcore fan of Clint and it is a pretty silly story too. I've had a soft spot for him ever since his cameo in Thor 1. I watched all the MCU movies since (except for Thor 2 & 3 - was never interested in the Thor character tbh) and I paid extra attention to his scenes and his every movement, which was also partly because my close friend always gushed about him. We love calling him 'our Hawkeye' even when we saw Renner in his other movies. But even after watching all the mcu movies, I still wasn't immersed in the fandom yet. It's only after I saw one of Renner's movies 'Tag' in the Top 10 in my country's Netflix back in August this year and I watched it out of curiosity and while watching it, I couldn't stop thinking that Jerry is exactly like Hawkeye! But with personality lol. Then it got me interested to rewatch Endgame again and then Avengers, AOU and Civil War, and I still thirsted for more Hawkeye content so I researched on the comics and other media adaptations and joined Marvel and Hawkeye communities and here I am. See, such a dumb story. Can't believe I shared it lol.

Uhm tbh I don't exactly know when the Skirt showed up exactly. The only issue I have actually read where he wore it was a Crossover with DC's Justice League.

In that same Comic he also hooked up with Black Canary much to Green Arrows dismay.

Honestly I should probably get over myself and get Marvel Unlimited at last in order to read older comics easily whenever I feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    hawkeye-01.jpg

Actually, just want to know which version of Hawkeye is your favourite. The comic Hawkeye is including with every era of Clint. Imagine if you like Ronin Hawkeye, this count as the comic version.
    Tbh I don't even know where Hulkeye and Masters of the Universe Clint from this pic come from.

Comics Clint is the easy and lazy answer that probably shouldn't count because it depends who is writing him.

EMH Clint is always a good alternative.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Yeah, that was one of the season 3 episodes where, in my opinion, they started to really improve their portrayal of Clint compared to past seasons.

I mean, Troy Baker still kinda sounded a little too whiny, but at least he was competent and effective.
    I just kept asking myself during that episode "how was this version of Clint ever a SHIELD Agent?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    This is one of my favourite episodes for many of the reasons you mentioned! Mostly I enjoy it as a Clintasha fan, and their interactions in this episode (and Avengers Assemble in general) make me very happy.

Have you watched Iron Man: Armoured Adventures? I didn't watch the whole series as I wasn't really a fan of the animation, so once again I just went for the Clint and/or Natasha episodes and they're definitely worth watching! Another version of Clint that I really love, and I love how the two characters play off of each other as well.
    The funny thing about Armored Adventures is Iron Man in that show was voiced by Hawkeye and Mockingbird's kid in the Next Avengers movie who would then go on to actually play Hawkeye in a Lego special.

Astonishing Member

Doesn't beat this.

;D
    Nothing ever beats that. lol

Although this costume is so weird and impractical for super-heroing, I will always have a certain fondness for it.

The miniskirt costume made its debut in AVENGERS vol.1 #98 and lasts until #108.
    Last edited by Dermie; 11-13-2020 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

Although this costume is so weird and impractical for super-heroing, I will always have a certain fondness for it.

The miniskirt costume made its debut in AVENGERS vol.1 #98 and lasts until #108.
    I like it in a jokey way. Like it's so bad and bizarre it's "good "but before Marvel picks up on this comment: Let it stay in the past.
    When I said he should start wearing an actual costume again THAT WASN'T THE ONE xD
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

I like it in a jokey way. Like it's so bad and bizarre it's "good "but before Marvel picks up on this comment: Let it stay in the past.
    When I said he should start wearing an actual costume again THAT WASN'T THE ONE xD
    lol. It certainly shouldn't ever return as his actual ongoing superhero costume. But I think it could be fun to revisit it for a one-off appearance, if the right context came up.

Incredible Member

Yeah, I absolutely loved Barry Smith's art in those Avengers issues he did, but what was he thinking when he designed that outfit!?

lol. It certainly shouldn't ever return as his actual ongoing superhero costume. But I think it could be fun to revisit it for a one-off appearance, if the right context came up.
    Secret Avengers: Love Parade

My Twitter

Secret Avengers: Love Parade
    Or an Avengers Charity Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Or an Avengers Charity Calendar
    Lmao Clint would certainly go along. And try to get Cap to go along too. Just not on the same picture as to not steal his spotlight.

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

A Black Cat and Hawkeye team up is long overdue...

A good team book and Hawkeye team up is long overdue...
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate