Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Mini Public Domain tournament round 1

This is a tournament just like my previous Martial arts one, with the caveat that it will instead take place on an uninhabited Earth instead of a ring, and thus there are no ring outs. The fighters will start on opposite ends of the Roman Coliseum

the following limitations are in play:

- Speed will be capped at lightning dodging (The slower stroke, to be specific)
    - Strength will be capped at lifting 100 tons
    - Explosive power will be capped tsar bomba levels of force
    - Characters are durable enough to survive their own attacks to whatever extent they are in canon.
    - Immortality is suspended, but healing factors are not.

Round 1: Son Goku (Dragonball) vs Odin (Marvel)

Round 2:Frau Totenkinder (Fables) vs Nyarlathotep (Lovecraft)

Round 3: Sasaki Kojiro (Record of Ragnarok) vs Lucifer (Vertigo)

Round 4: Stardust the Super Wizard (Fox) vs Raiden (Mortal Kombat)

Voting will close in one week, on July 6th at Noon

1: Depends on where Odin and Son agony are in. careers. Since Tzar bomb limit of offense this means Odin can cast magic to knock SG asleep or something.

2: The Crawling Chaos, big N. Not to be trifled with. The one time defeated in fiction ( Persona 2) he was taking party hits to the face that were nukes, took that and more to take him down.

3: Saki feats? Because Vertigo Lucifer is damn near immortal, can make parallel universes and stuff.

5: Star Dust feats? MK Raider is trash by God standards but still a capable martial artist with lightning.

Extraordinary Member

1. Presumably Odin and Goku are current

2. Note that Nyarly only gets his feats from works written directly by Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    1. Presumably Odin and Goku are current

2. Note that Nyarly only gets his feats from works written directly by Lovecraft
    Oof. That's not going to be easy for Odin then, as Goku has encountered people that can make others fall asleep (Roshi himself). And since its current, that means Ultra Instinct is in Goku's pocket. Making a fist fight VERY hard for anyone to hit him, let alone block his attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Oof. That's not going to be easy for Odin then, as Goku has encountered people that can make others fall asleep (Roshi himself). And since its current, that means Ultra Instinct is in Goku's pocket. Making a fist fight VERY hard for anyone to hit him, let alone block his attacks.
    That is counter I thrive, the destructive output limit of a character is Tzar bomb, Current Goku is waaaaaay beyond that.

And if current/unworthy Odin the Goku wins.

As for N: Do not see a point to why he was allowed then, Lovecraft works do not really have feats other than against normal people.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I don't know this Stardust's feats (as opposed to this one) but Raiden is really good at hitting people with Lightning and can punch people hard enough they explode into an excessive amount of bones and gore. Throw in teleporting, superman flying, and the established ability to block people that hit that hard; Stardust better have some dang good feats.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I don't know this Stardust's feats (as opposed to this one) but Raiden is really good at hitting people with Lightning and can punch people hard enough they explode into an excessive amount of bones and gore. Throw in teleporting, superman flying, and the established ability to block people that hit that hard; Stardust better have some dang good feats.
    Well, he can space toss people, for starters.

He also has rays that can stop a flaming Mars from colliding with Earth

Also, fusing and disintegrant rays, for when you want to take care of planes or rockets quickly

He also regularly travels through space, and lives on a "private star".

Also, transforming people into rats https://i.imgur.com/nLrGr4V.png (which won't help him against someone like Goku, admittedly, who will just become the most powerful rat in Universe 7)

Only thing this guy is missing is good speed feats (I found travel speed feats, but no combat speed so far)

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Goku does not have his original Ultra Instinct powers that were shown in the ToP, and last issue he used a starting portion of it that was limited to a quick battle much like his SS3 power up so it will hurt him more than hurt him if he uses it here since power/speed/destruction powers are all capped.

Odin still has all of his magic power which Goku is still very vulnerable to as of the latest arc and he gets transmuted, or energy drained, or frozen in time then ko'd, or put to sleep, or memory wiped, etc. Odin has to many options and is durable enough to do whatever moves he wants in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Goku does not have his original Ultra Instinct powers that were shown in the ToP, and last issue he used a starting portion of it that was limited to a quick battle much like his SS3 power up so it will hurt him more than hurt him if he uses it here since power/speed/destruction powers are all capped.

Odin still has all of his magic power which Goku is still very vulnerable to as of the latest arc and he gets transmuted, or energy drained, or frozen in time then ko'd, or put to sleep, or memory wiped, etc. Odin has to many options and is durable enough to do whatever moves he wants in this fight.
    Speed/power/etc may be capped, but Goku's body moving on its own to attack and defend without Goku's brain needing to send the message to move can very much be a game changer.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Speed/power/etc may be capped, but Goku's body moving on its own to attack and defend without Goku's brain needing to send the message to move can very much be a game changer.
    Again Goku does not have Ultra Instinct and is training to get it back. What he is using now can't be compared to what he had before.

Also Jiren was fighting equally to UI Goku so even at full power it's not a instant win and it can be overcome by others.

So nothing Goku has currently helps him against Odin level magic in this fight.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Well, he can space toss people, for starters.

He also has rays that can stop a flaming Mars from colliding with Earth

Also, fusing and disintegrant rays, for when you want to take care of planes or rockets quickly

He also regularly travels through space, and lives on a "private star".

Also, transforming people into rats https://i.imgur.com/nLrGr4V.png (which won't help him against someone like Goku, admittedly, who will just become the most powerful rat in Universe 7)

Only thing this guy is missing is good speed feats (I found travel speed feats, but no combat speed so far)
    Well admittedly I haven't chucked any Tsar Bombas at Mars, but I think all of those are well above the cap.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Well admittedly I haven't chucked any Tsar Bombas at Mars, but I think all of those are well above the cap.
    True, but he'll be at the cap for this tournament's purpose, which is not quite sure for Raiden so far (I didn't have time to look up Raiden's feats yet, so I could be wrong).

Lucifer being in this tournament is batshit. Lucy is on a level of ‘can destroy multiverses’ kind of power, IIRC.

That’s out of the league of everyone here, even Peak Odin and Current Goku.

Lucifer and Raiden do not belong in the same tournament.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Lucifer being in this tournament is batshit. Lucy is on a level of ‘can destroy multiverses’ kind of power, IIRC.

That’s out of the league of everyone here, even Peak Odin and Current Goku.

Lucifer and Raiden do not belong in the same tournament.
    That's why the power caps are in place. It keeps Lucy limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    That's why the power caps are in place. It keeps Lucy limited.
    Ah, my bad.

Still, Lucy’s durability to his own in-canon attacks means he’s essentially untouchable here.