Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Incredible Member

there's always faust , the graphic violent dark superhero whose movie is much tamer than the comic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AEZPz5lFOs

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    1991, but not far off from the 1980s.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Justice
    Thanks! I guess it was the show i seem to remember it as a one off movie. That's probably why i couldn't find now i can quit wondering.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Earlier in the year I watched Rendel which looked very polished.
    I remember I had a chance to watch this one in a smaller theater chain, not getting around to it and kinda regretting it afterwards.

I'd recommend BH Tilt's Upgrade which I did catch in theaters. It's superhero as far as upgraded guy going after baddies who killed him/his previous life/significant other (aka the Robocop and Crow mold which also have comics). Its director has since moved on to bigger things, this year being the new Invisible Man movie, which was one of the last success stories of 2020 (others being Bad Boys for Life and Sonic the Hedgehog) before the industry shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I watched the Russian movie Guardians, and really enjoyed it. It has great effects and the story is pretty good too.
    Watched this in theaters too. I rolled my eyes out my head at some things like the shameless sequel hook at the end, but the masked speedster guy was dope fun.

Major Grom is a short Russian film based on a comic book
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RLt65JxNsWI
    A sequel (this time a feature film) is supposed to come out next year.

For some reason I keep getting video unavailable on this one.

The others though look like they have better special effects than I thought they would.

Krrish is a good series. Its very huge in India with 3 films till now. The last two films are proper superhero films. The first one named Koi Mil Gaya is an ET knockoff. The second one named Krrissh is quite good imo. Its more of an origin story. It has less action. More character work. And CG is used sparingly. So, it isn't as distracting as in the third movie.

The third one, Krissh 3 is a bit cheesy. I like it, but if you ask me its tone leans more towards Donner's Superman films. If you ignore the poor cg and the crappiest supervillain costume you will ever see; the final city wide battle is what i would have liked to see in Man of Steel. With the hero trying to save everyone while trying to fight off an unstoppable villain. I really enjoyed the fight between Zod and Superman, but Krissh 3 does some things better imho.

If you see these films do let me know your opinion. I am the kind of audience to whom its targeted. I would like to hear what people from different countries think.

Ra-One isn't worth the effort imo. A good part of it is cringeworthy comedy. I haven't sat through the whole movie. I would rather recommend Bahubali and Bahubali 2:The Conclusion. Most people will classify them as medieval fantasy. But it can fall within the category of supehero. Some characters are way more powerful and agile then human. More so then Captain America at least.

Both movies have great visuals and inventive action, .In my opinion, the visuals have a quality that for the most part, the unrealistic cgi helps the illusion rather then breaking it. And the action is a mix of Lord of The Rings, 300 and something unique of its own. I prefer the second film for its better plot and romance. But both films are worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Krrish is a good series. Its very huge in India with 3 films till now. The last two films are proper superhero films. The first one named Koi Mil Gaya is an ET knockoff. The second one named Krrissh is quite good imo. Its more of an origin story. It has less action. More character work. And CG is used sparingly. So, it isn't as distracting as in the third movie.

The third one, Krissh 3 is a bit cheesy. I like it, but if you ask me its tone leans more towards Donner's Superman films. If you ignore the poor cg and the crappiest supervillain costume you will ever see; the final city wide battle is what i would have liked to see in Man of Steel. With the hero trying to save everyone while trying to fight off an unstoppable villain. I really enjoyed the fight between Zod and Superman, but Krissh 3 does some things better imho.

If you see these films do let me know your opinion. I am the kind of audience to whom its targeted. I would like to hear what people from different countries think.

Ra-One isn't worth the effort imo. A good part of it is cringeworthy comedy. I haven't sat through the whole movie. I would rather recommend Bahubali and Bahubali 2:The Conclusion. Most people will classify them as medieval fantasy. But it can fall within the category of supehero. Some characters are way more powerful and agile then human. More so then Captain America at least.

I keep hearing about Krrish so I'll probably check it out (depending on if I can find the DVDs/Blu-rays on Amazon for American DVD/Blu-ray players).

Does it have Bollywood musical numbers? Not a deal breaker, can fast forward through them if I need to, but warning is good. I actually don't have a problem with musicals per say, but I've heard that Bollywood musicals are more like music videos placed in movies with not much care if they fit or make sense to the story (versus how American musicals work). And that basically all India movies have them. Obviously having never seen an Indian movie I don't know how true that is, just that it's a criticism I've read online. Plus it's always good to learn and judge for yourself, and get out of your comfort zone, but you want to prepare and know what you're in store for. Plus it just might be a stereotype I got misinformed by after googling "are all Bollywood movies musicals?" I did also learn that not all Indian movies are Bollywood, which confused me further. Definitely something I should try to look into.

Incredible Member

Psychokinesis - a korean comedy drama
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROuCv47Z2es&t=1s

I keep hearing about Krrish so I'll probably check it out (depending on if I can find the DVDs/Blu-rays on Amazon for American DVD/Blu-ray players).

Does it have Bollywood musical numbers? Not a deal breaker, can fast forward through them if I need to, but warning is good. I actually don't have a problem with musicals per say, but I've heard that Bollywood musicals are more like music videos placed in movies with not much care if they fit or make sense to the story (versus how American musicals work). And that basically all India movies have them. Obviously having never seen an Indian movie I don't know how true that is, just that it's a criticism I've read online. Plus it's always good to learn and judge for yourself, and get out of your comfort zone, but you want to prepare and know what you're in store for. Plus it just might be a stereotype I got misinformed by after googling "are all Bollywood movies musicals?" I did also learn that not all Indian movies are Bollywood, which confused me further. Definitely something I should try to look into.
    Yes there are musical numbers. You can skip if you want to.

There are no clear cut rules. All musical numbers are not like music videos which make no sense. Some musical numbers help move the story forward. However, most of them are like that. The music industry is not an independent industry. You won't find music artists making their own albums or records. Musical talent has always been concentrated in the movies. This is why practically all the music is concentrated in the movies themselves. I used to watch a lot of bollywood films. When i started to dislike the music and observed how they could bring stories to a halt i started to dislike the movies. Nowadays, when i watch any i skip the musical numbers.

Yes, all Indian films are not Bollywood. Bollywood is the Hindi language film industry. Hindi is one of the major languages spoken in the country. There are a number of ;languages across India. So, some people use terms like Tollywood for Tamil language films, and other names for other languages. Bollywood is not a natural name. There's no Bollywood hill or something. To mimic a catchy name some reporters started to call hindi language films as bollywood after hollywood. Many older people in the industry actually find that distasteful.

Bahubali series is far superior to Krrish imo. Its not pure superhero but i think you will enjoy that more. Anyway its up to you.