Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Congratulations to MRP! And thank you for your vote Speed Force Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Great job MRP. It was a great cover.
    Thanks to the four who voted for me. It tied my record.
    I love green suit Quicksilver. I would love to find a green action figure to go with my Avengers. But I have the blue suit so its not so bad.
    If it is any consolation, I have the Bowen Designs (really miss them!) Quicksilver mini-bust also in the blue. There was a green version but in was sold in limited quantities. If you check eBay, you can find the green version of this ranging for $69-$100. The full sized statue looks great but that goes for around $400. There's a listing on Ebay for a Marvel Legends Quicksilver in green if you want to go for it at $65!

Part of my Bowen Collection

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-16-2020 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

If it is any consolation, I have the Bowen Designs (really miss them!) Quicksilver mini-bust also in the blue. There was a green version but in was sold in limited quantities. If you check eBay, you can find the green version of this ranging for $69-$100. The full sized statue looks great but that goes for around $400. There's a listing on Ebay for a Marvel Legends Quicksilver in green if you want to go for it at $65!

Thanks for the link. I am pretty new to collection action figures and such. I didnt even know these busts were a thing. I will check out the Quicksilver and the others. Thanks
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It's somewhat apropos to see the exes not looking at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I know, right? I hope Moleman and Super Skrull patch things up soon!

Yay, MRP!!!!
    And thanks for the votes!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I hadn't noticed until you pointed that out

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    I know, right? I hope Moleman and Super Skrull patch things up soon!
    Now there's an odd couple!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thanks for the link. I am pretty new to collection action figures and such. I didnt even know these busts were a thing. I will check out the Quicksilver and the others. Thanks
    Unfortunately Bowen Designs went out of business but you can still find a lot of their products on eBay. I have a fairly large collection of the mini busts because that statues were very pricey.

My curio has Bowen Designs stuff inside and then the Eaglemoss figurines on top.

I absolutely love that framed Doom pic above the display case!

Unfortunately Bowen Designs went out of business but you can still find a lot of their products on eBay. I have a fairly large collection of the mini busts because that statues were very pricey.

My curio has Bowen Designs stuff inside and then the Eaglemoss figurines on top.

Man great collection. I have to check a lot of these out. See what I can get. THanks
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Have a great time hunting some of them down, babyblob. Sometimes the looking is half the fun even if you don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    I absolutely love that framed Doom pic above the display case!

I snagged the print from eBay a while back and it is from a batch that Gabriel Dell Otto signed. I do have a small collection of art. I have a page from the Children's Crusade that I bought from regular Jim Cheung inker Mark Morales when I visited them in Artist's Alley at C2E2 around 2015, a sketchbook cover of Doctor Doom that Jonathan HIckman (no charge!) drew for me at the same convention, a Mike Wieringo page from Fantastic Four #500 that I bought from inker Karl Kesel from his agent on eBay at the time and 16 page of inking/color guides done by Mark Badger for Mike Mignola's pages in the GN Triumph and Torment

From Avengers Children's Crusade #7

From Fantastic Four #500

The color guide with the ink guide overlay from Triumph and Torment. I showed it to Mike Mignola at C2E2, one of the early ones and he explained that was an old process they used back in the 1980s. He signed my copy of the hardcover version .

So this is actually two pieces, the transparency with the inking of Mignola's pencils and then an art sheet with the colors done separately. I lay the one on top of the other and you get the effect of the printed page.