Page 199 of 271 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 4059
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    MJ's appearance in ASM#9 pleased one marriage fan in this panel of critics, who brought up his enjoyment of MC2 MJ

https://www.comicsxf.com/2022/09/29/...x-men-roundup/
    I mean, I'm happy this guy is an MJ fan, but how the heck did he get MJ standing up to Moira and beating her out of that issue when MJ literally let Moira lead her around, choke her, got rescued by someone else when she was helpless and did nothing to rescue herself, and spent most of the issue sitting on the ground while the men fought?!

Astonishing Member

I can't find the original post, so I will mention it. Someone said time ago the idea about Mayday being "transfered" into the main Earth-616. As much as I like the idea, it would ruin the whole essence of MC2 as far as I see. Then again, there was that "vision" of Mephisto after the Sinister War where he mentioned Peter and MJ's daughter would be the one to stop his rule over the earth. And we saw what it appeared to be MC2's Mayday.

There's one more thing I wat to comment. We have seen the results of Peter and MJ having kids, with Peter having his spider-powers and MJ satung a regular human. But you know? I just thought about something. If Peter and Mary Jane would both have spider-powers (Spider-Island), how would it be a kid born from both in that situation?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Given her backstory, she had plenty of reasons to be cynical about love, which made her character development juxtaposed with her and Peter's relationship quite compelling, especially for that beautiful moment where she did decide to give love a chance and marry Peter, after all.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They really didn't properly resolve that plotline.
    Well, it didn't help that Amazing Mary Jane was abandoned at least four issues early due to COVID. It ended at #6, but as far as we knew, it was to run to at least issue 10.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, it didn't help that Amazing Mary Jane was abandoned at least four issues early due to COVID. It ended at #6, but as far as we knew, it was to run to at least issue 10.
    It also ended on a cliffhanger which actually can be used as an 'out' for what happened to the real MJ if they want to retcon Wells' run.

BANNED

Wild rumour on 4chan that

spoilers:
    Paul will die
    end of spoilers

In the first issue of Slott's book.

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    Paul will die
    end of spoilers

Well that’s be one way to get everyone to like you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Well that’s be one way to get everyone to like you.
    Time will tell if this is a lie (or maybe the advance review from that YT guy will go into vague detail about it soon), apparently this may be the only note of interest in the book

spoilers:
    The post was very brief, and doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention, but it said Paul dies in a manner that is very 'out of nowhere' and 'very confusing' before later saying that other than Paul's death it's a boring read
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Time will tell if this is a lie (or maybe the advance review from that YT guy will go into vague detail about it soon), apparently this may be the only note of interest in the book

spoilers:
    The post was very brief, and doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention, but it said Paul dies in a manner that is very 'out of nowhere' and 'very confusing' before later saying that other than Paul's death it's a boring read
    end of spoilers
    Right! And MJ will hate Peter for it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It also ended on a cliffhanger which actually can be used as an 'out' for what happened to the real MJ if they want to retcon Wells' run.
    Yeah . . . I'm still mad and disappointed at that. I was wondering how MJ would cope with being in witness protection, and how the situation would lead her back to Peter/Spider-Man. If or when Leah Williams and Carlos Gomez finish with X-Terminators, I'd love to see them come back together to finish Amazing Mary Jane. Make it a Giant-Sized graphic novel like Gwen Stacy got.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

spoilers:
    Paul will die
    end of spoilers

I don't believe this for a second. There is zero chance this happens.

spoilers:
    Paul will die
    end of spoilers

paul gets too much hate
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    paul gets too much hate
    I mean in a year he'll probably be a wiki page note and that's it.

Things go back to status quo

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    paul gets too much hate
    Suppose he's an easy thing to vent frustrations on if Wells' run is grinding your gears (not to mention being the in-universe roadblock to the franchise's literal OTP).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)