View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

335 89.33%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

40 10.67%
Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Children of Magneto, yes or no ?

I am a fan of the Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) and Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) being the children of Magneto.
    I grew up knowing that they were part of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants before joining the Avengers.
    In my opinion this made them both unique as they were part of the main superhero team yet their father was one of the main super villians of the Marvel Universe.
    After their background retcon in Uncanny Avengers# 4 vol 2 I was very disapointed.
    Sure Fox Studios owned the movie rights to the X-Men but I believe Marvel went down the wrong road by changing the Maximoff twins history and also trying to have the Inhumans replace the X-Men.
    Hopefully now with the Disney/Fox sale all but complete Marvel will right this wrong to Marvel continuity.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Spectacular Member

Damn Right!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Of course they should be mutants and magneto's kids. Cutting that link only damaged the characters and no good stories came from that.

I definitely want Wanda and Pietro to be mutants and Magneto's children again! As I've posted (often) before, the twins' mother can be Natalya, doesn't have to be Magda. Bova tells the story of the Romani woman who sought shelter in the H.E.'s fortress to give birth, and in two different accounts describes her as being "afraid of her husband" and afraid he'll find her and get revenge on her, etc. She even says something about the father of her babies wanting to attack the entire world. This NEVER made sense for Magda, who knew Max from the time they were both children in Nuremberg, Germany, and who loved him, and never saw him as anything but a loving man--until his powers exploded when Anya was killed. Chris Claremont explained Magda's fear as stemming from her experience of Max's powers first hand. But it still didn't match the fear the twins' mother expressed to Bova--a terror so great she abandoned her newborn twins and ran off into the night! But it makes sense if her "husband" or lover was posing as Erik Lehnsherr, calling himself Magneto already.

Yes. Absolutely.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

This dumb retcon damaged all of the characters involved and threw out decades of great stories. I refuse to acknowledge it as canon.

The non-mutant retcon was unnecessary.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    This dumb retcon damaged all of the characters involved and threw out decades of great stories. I refuse to acknowledge it as canon.
    100% agree with you, to me Wanda and Pietro will always be Magnetos children.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Well Marvel, I think you have your answer here.

Mighty Member

Yea they should drop the dumb recton and make them Magnetos kids again. No one likes the recton n it doesn’t make sense. Pietro lost his powers when SW said her infamous “No More Mutant” line.
    Please Marvel, make Magnus Family Great Again. I like a lil soap opera family drama

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    True, I agree. Didn’t Magnetos heart soften after finding out his granddaughter was a human? Or **** like that? Years later n I’m still confused about the recton.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    True, I agree. Didn’t Magnetos heart soften after finding out his granddaughter was a human? Or **** like that? Years later n I’m still confused about the recton.
    Considering the time period of x-men continuity that Magneto discovered Wanda and Pietro were his children. It was intended for his heel turn from villainy to good. Having two heroic childrena and a human grandaughter would of been this had it not interfered with making Magneto bad again in the 90's.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quicksilver made her an inhuman.

Yea they should drop the dumb recton and make them Magnetos kids again. No one likes the recton n it doesn’t make sense. Pietro lost his powers when SW said her infamous “No More Mutant” line.
    Please Marvel, make Magnus Family Great Again. I like a lil soap opera family drama
    That's the thing that annuls the retcon to me. They made a whole story about Quicksilver coping with his losing his power after she said that. Plus, the retcon of Luna not being a human, and Terrigen becoming deadly to mutants when it should have hightened their powers like it did his. Them bringing up the fact that his granddaughter was an inhuman princess would've made recent events more compelling.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Considering the time period of x-men continuity that Magneto discovered Wanda and Pietro were his children. It was intended for his heel turn from villainy to good. Having two heroic childrena and a human grandaughter would of been this had it not interfered with making Magneto bad again in the 90's.

Yea many of Magnetos “good” moments were due to his kids (not all the time) but it did play a role in his characterisation. So with this dumb recton it threw a lot of good moments n plots. I wish Marvel will fix this soon

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Quicksilver made her an inhuman.

That's the thing that annuls the retcon to me. They made a whole story about Quicksilver coping with his losing his power after she said that. Plus, the retcon of Luna not being a human, and Terrigen becoming deadly to mutants when it should have hightened their powers like it did his. Them bringing up the fact that his granddaughter was an inhuman princess would've made recent events more compelling.
    Marvel is a mess. They don’t know what they r doing.

Wait they recton Luna being a human? So she was always an Inhuman or did QS expose her to Terrigen Mist?