Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    And isn't that entire attitude just...not good?

I'm white, so I really don't know how it feels to be a person of color who is faced with profound discrimination on a regular basis. And my comparing flatscan to the n-word was taking it a little far, but at the same time...

I'm a woman and how would you feel if I said that all men were awful, disgusting pigs who need to be treated with caution and general disdain?
    Hmmm let’s see.

Woman says all men are pigs.

Men routinely stalk, murder, abuse, etc etc women.

Which one is worse to you? One is a simple way to address the patriarchy and sustained misogyny thru the inaction of many men. The other is a system that repeatedly crushes anyone who isn’t benefiting from the system. I’m not gonna rage out because someone said “all men are pigs” because that’s childish as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Or, or. We're just calling out a shitty attitude?

I'm disabled mate; I've been privy to my own share of people calling me "retard" and worse in the most casual way. They said they meant well but I still said "**** you" because, yeah, it was shitty of them to do. They weren't just insulting me, they were insulting an entire group. The usage of the word carried negative connotations; it was always meant as an insult even as a joke. It was wrong just like this is.
    Once again, the R slur isn’t comparable to “flatscan.” You’re taking a slur for marginalized groups and saying it’s comparable to this insult meant for privileged groups.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the people with no powers or lesser arent hunted by all sorts of macabre atrocities and machines or registred as such no matter what mutantion, so its just a mean word.
    missing the point EXACTLY that you focus on the word than the reasons mutants have to defend themselves so fiercly
    Who was that kid defending himself against, exactly? He was insulting an entire people just because he could.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Was thinking the same thing. They may make this one stick for a while. Fan's opinions on her character the past few years have been controversial so I could see them taking her off the board and giving her a break.
    She won best heroine in a Twitter poll that had over 500 respondents and included Captain Betsy, Storm and Magik. CBR and its bitter character stans aren’t representative of the fandom as a whole.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KrakoaWel...68515040350208

Extraordinary Member

not part of the problem, not part of the generalization born off a constant treatment that many women that do such comments face, but treatment i will never endure as. a man myself, but since i have the emotional maturity and compassion of a well adjusted person, I wont get offended or hurt since Its not really about me.
    simple
    I don't care if you aren't bothered by it. Do you think having an attitude of just hating all men is healthy for a woman to have?

trust, cooperation and understanding are a dance that takes 2, and humans were the first ones to not only refuse to engage, but atacked mutants for even sugesting both sides are equal.
    the fact there is people reading x-men comics that dont understand that for flatscans to be like the n word, mutants would have at one point used that word to dehumanize humans to enhance their system of opression, slavery and control, tells me people realy dont absorb the true intentions of any media no matter how in your face it is about its mensage.
    Nonsense

It doesn't matter how much suffering, misery, tragedy or heartache anyone suffers. You never get a pass or excuse to turn around become as hateful as your abusers. To believe otherwise is to fail to understand the reality of cycle of abuse. The abused often go on to abuse because it's essentially a paradigm & set of behaviors they have learned and absorbed from crappy people. Seeing the Krakoans straight up tolerating the type of thinking and language that leads down the road to Magneto, Exodus, and Apocalypse is surreal. And we already know that attacking humans and attempting to eradicate and/or dominate them leads to mutant extinction.

Lapsus nailed it. This is the beginnings of seeing humans as less than. Less than what? Mutants? Of course. But what else will mutants see them less than? Cattle? Dogs? Mosquitoes? When you consider someone less than you everything about them is diminished in your eyes. Now imagine a society being told they're gods on a planet surrounded by beings they consider trash. Do you see where this is headed? And why you need more people like Wolverine and less enablers like Emma.

BANNED

emma in your ideal way: so children this is the place where we create the plants we give our human bffs so they dont think we are aberrations!!! arent you all so happy about that??? maybe one day when we heall all human diseases and protect our human overlords from all and every danger they will stop building child killing sentinels!!!! so never forget to pray for humanity and always be preparefd to help them or else they will be angry at us (((((

I don't care if you aren't bothered by it. Do you think having an attitude of just hating all men is healthy for a woman to have?
    Saying that isn’t indicative of “hating all men.” Just like saying “cracker” doesn’t mean a black person hates all white people.

Extraordinary Member

emma in your ideal way: so children this is the place where we create the plants we give our human bffs so they dont think we are aberrations!!! arent you all so happy about that??? maybe one day when we heall all human diseases and protect our human overlords from all and every danger they will stop building child killing sentinels!!!! so never forget to pray for humanity and always be preparefd to help them or else they will be angry at us (((((
    You know that isn't what we're saying. Why not talk about how great the medicine itself is? Or how cool the plant robots are?

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Nonsense

It doesn't matter how much suffering, misery, tragedy or heartache anyone suffers. You never get a pass or excuse to turn around become as hateful as your abusers.
    Please explain how calling someone a relatively new name is the same thing and disadvantaging them from getting jobs housing, proper security etc?

BANNED

You know that isn't what we're saying. Why not talk about how great the medicine itself is? Or how cool the plant robots are?
    "so you see this medicine is for our human friends that will kill you on sight or turn into drugs for their recreational uses!!! you gotta keep em alive uwu"

BANNED

Or how about this.

Someone other than Emma (because it's never gonna happen): We have the ability to cure some horrible diseases, diseases that are devastating and put people through pain and agony. The world is a better place without those diseases and our ability to empathise means that we can reach out and harmonise with them too, because they're people just like us!

Fuckin' simple.

Extraordinary Member

OK, I want you guys to explain how Krakoa isn't going to crash and burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I thought Mars was dead how the hell can anything grown on that it's a glorified big rock.
    The same way they did in Total Recall? Build bio domes and import the soil.

Frankly, I'm more concerned with this comparison.

Mutants - Growing flowers on Mars to be processed into medicine for humans. In exchange, they are looking for peace as Emma says. Using their time and resources to help humanity and themselves. She is teaching them that this "leverage" is the only way to survive and thrive. "The humans get longer, better lives...".

Humans - Building a Sentinel City on Mercury to kill mutants. Before Krakoa even existed. Using their time and resources to murder.

I wouldn't even call this oppression at this point. It's genocide.

What we're seeing here is a CHILD using an unfavorable word and an adult lightly reprimanding them. One of each. Just as many say, "not all humans", we know not all mutants feel this way.

You'd probably be blown off your chairs if you heard the things I heard in school playgrounds. Does that mean my classmate's parents were bad parents? Surely not.

All of this, to me, is incredibly real to life and that's why I find all of it superb. You have a people that are hunted by other people so there WILL be unfavorable feelings towards the hunters. That's real life. The animosity many LGBTQ people feel towards "breeders", right or wrong, is real. And I think Duggan is knocking it out of the park.
    Last edited by JB; 02-13-2020 at 06:55 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    We both know it’s the latter.
    You called it