Page 65 of 93 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So Tamba Hali , who hasn't been signed yet and is a free agent LB ...detailed that teams are gonna get quite a surprise from Patrick Mahomes this year , That he competed against him in practice and that Mahomes was so talented that he was looking off (and completing) passes against Eric Berry and Marcus Peters. That teams are gonna see a complete player. Hali compared him to Brett Farve with his athletic ability to run and throw.

Now as much as i love the praise ...its why I'm waiting to see what happens really. Mahomes is essentially a rookie QB being handed the Chiefs and told to go out. I'd love to see it happen but Mahomes has to at 1st handle all that teams will throw his way.
    Huh... I'm still surprised they got rid of Tamba. That guy's a spark plug!
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Huh... I'm still surprised they got rid of Tamba. That guy's a spark plug!
    Got old...and rarely played last season. He pretty much became a backup player in KC. The Chiefs have decided to go younger at LB and on defense so Hali and Johnson were allowed to leave.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Well today Jamesis Winston learned his punishment. He'll be suspended for 3 games to start the 2018 NFL season.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Apparently it was originally six games before coming down to three

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Not a surprise not using a appeal because can get it over with.

Did the Pats seriously believe they wouldn't need JG in the next 2 or several years in the future.
    0 plausible intelligent logical reasons to freakin trade a talented winning possible great QB that is JG the current 49ers QB.

Possibly Luck the Colts great qb might be returning finally because 0 pain for his shoulder.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Not a surprise not using a appeal because can get it over with.

Did the Pats seriously believe they wouldn't need JG in the next 2 or several years in the future.
    0 plausible intelligent logical reasons to freakin trade a talented winning possible great QB that is JG the current 49ers QB.

Possibly Luck the Colts great qb might be returning finally because 0 pain for his shoulder.
    Jimmy G's contract was up and he would've wanted a chunk of money to stay. How many teams have million dollar+ back up QBs unless a crappy starter gets beat out in training camp.

Extraordinary Member

It's really amazing how many people don't get that the Patriots were never going to be able to afford keeping Brady and Garoppolo. It would have hurt their team more to cut a ton of players than it would to just pick one. And the choice was All Time Great QB who was a top 2 at worst QB the last 4 seasons who appeared in 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls, whose on a 7 straight AFCCG run, who also just happened to win MVP and a guy who started 4 games. Jimmy might be a great QB. He might be a top 5 QB in this league. He might not. However the chances of him being Brady who is in the Super Bowl 50% of his career is slim to none. 2-3 seasons of Brady at good health is the equivalent to being a Super Bowl contender every year. You can't say that for Jimmy.

And no they weren't going to keep both. Garropollo takes up 17% of the Niner's cap. Brady takes up 11% of the Patriots cap. You aren't going to devote nearly a 5th of your salary cap into a back up and over a quarter into the same position. Do you have any idea what that does to the team?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well today Jamesis Winston learned his punishment. He'll be suspended for 3 games to start the 2018 NFL season.
    My Eagles face Tampa in week two, so I'm not complaining.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Kam Chancellor might be retiring

Edelman's PED appeal has been lost, he'll serve all four games
    Last edited by Hiromi; 07-03-2018 at 04:21 PM.

With Cutler's retirement so closes the door on the 2006 NFL 1st round QB draft class. What is amazing is ...Cutler played the longest and best of both QB's chosen before him. Vince Young had more physical tools and could have achieved way more. But his issues with Jeff Fisher detailed his career. Then you had Matt Leinart who really had his issues never growing up after leaving USC.

Cutler's drafting by the Broncos didn't help them as we saw . In fact not many will remember this , but Jake Plummer had ran the Broncos offense so damn well and took them to a AFC Championship game. Him and the team struggled in that game but it wasn't all on Plummer. The Broncos instead blamed Plummer and he nixed a trade and retired.

Years later Plummer admitted it was how the Broncos did him that made him hate the game. That he had played so well for them (he was becoming the QB Bill Walsh predicted he would in that system) that he was hurt by the Cutler drafting. Plummer himself wanted no more of the game at the end.

(Funny after NFL story...Plummer moved to Idaho with his wife and kid. Grew a long scruffy beard and volunteers for charities like Meals on Wheels. The lady who ran the program there had no clue it was Jake Plummer a former NFL QB who was doing this and tried to get him to reimbursed on his miles he was driving)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

With Cutler's retirement so closes the door on the 2006 NFL 1st round QB draft class. What is amazing is ...Cutler played the longest and best of both QB's chosen before him. Vince Young had more physical tools and could have achieved way more. But his issues with Jeff Fisher detailed his career. Then you had Matt Leinart who really had his issues never growing up after leaving USC.

Cutler's drafting by the Broncos didn't help them as we saw . In fact not many will remember this , but Jake Plummer had ran the Broncos offense so damn well and took them to a AFC Championship game. Him and the team struggled in that game but it wasn't all on Plummer. The Broncos instead blamed Plummer and he nixed a trade and retired.

Years later Plummer admitted it was how the Broncos did him that made him hate the game. That he had played so well for them (he was becoming the QB Bill Walsh predicted he would in that system) that he was hurt by the Cutler drafting. Plummer himself wanted no more of the game at the end.

(Funny after NFL story...Plummer moved to Idaho with his wife and kid. Grew a long scruffy beard and volunteers for charities like Meals on Wheels. The lady who ran the program there had no clue it was Jake Plummer a former NFL QB who was doing this and tried to get him to reimbursed on his miles he was driving)

Elway wasn't in Denver's front office at that time, was he?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    No, Plummer retired in 2006, Elways wasn't hired as GM until January 2011 - right after Josh McDaniels lackluster turn as HC.

Another casualty of Mike Shanahan.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    No, Plummer retired in 2006, Elways wasn't hired as GM until January 2011 - right after Josh McDaniels lackluster turn as HC.

To be fair he was traded to Tampa Bay during the era of Jon Gruden falling in love with every QB in the NFL he could find. Gruden met with Plummer and tried talking him outta retiring and it was a no go. I'm sure Jake Plummer was like , this guy will bench me , start someone else and go from there if I sign lol.