Page 792 of 820 FirstFirst ... 292692742782788789790791792793794795796802 ... LastLast
Results 11,866 to 11,880 of 12295
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Remender himself even kinda ignored it not too long after he introduced it didn’t he? He still had her weeping and feeling bad til the end of the run. Tried to have her kill herself and all that.
    Another thing I can relate to Betsy about. Ever since my stroke, I’ve been on Prozac, now I’ve lost my ability to feel sorrow.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Another thing I can relate to Betsy about. Ever since my stroke, I’ve been on Prozac, now I’ve lost my ability to feel sorrow.
    Worst. Actually even worse, when I got off it, I was bawling for no reason at all times of the day and night.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Worst. Actually even worse, when I got off it, I was bawling for no reason at all times of the day and night.
    Ugh. I’m not looking forward to that.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    In the otherworld arc after DAS. She traded her sorrow to a magical wizard I believe who was banished to the forest of sorrows I think. She did it to save Fantomex and after Remender it was never brought up again.
    Oh thanks. Thats when I dropped the book. Bad art and no interest in Otherworld

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL..she looked Asian today

Explain
    She doesn't look asian to me. Where'd you get that she looks asian here?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Psylocke isn't that powerful to drop 1000 people to sleep. Neither is Jean. Omega Schmega.
    It would take Telepaths working in concert to do that.
    If Psylocke was that powerful fights wouldn't matter.

We know not everyone has the same Weak minds and such.
    I hope that one day Marvel stops the stupid power creep they've been doing and get back to a semblance of sense. Gradual power increases are cool. But if Psylocke Slept a thousand or more minds, she should immediately pass out and be out of commission for the rest of the issue.

It's never stated that she did. But like many other writers. They "forget" the things they like, and drop the things that don't make sense.

Technically the X-men from the Outback Era should all still be invisible to machines. But that has been dropped, and nobody ever stated when lol.
    I dont know, I think it should be within their capabilities
    Xavier has controlled billions and sifted through the minds of billions and channeled the minds of billions, he has mind wiped a city full of people
    Teen Jean has drained psionic energy from a planet of aliens, she has also put an hive of brood to sleep, and drained and killed a hive of poisons
    Emma has overpowered one thousand Cuckoos (that's not normal people, other Telepaths), and has also mind wiped a city too (I think)
    Rachel has read through and categorized billions of minds on earth, was constantly connected to every mind in Manhattan
    Jean has controlled hundreds of civilians, scanned the planet different times, mind wiped everyone when Rogue lost control and rampages in a city, froze a town full of people, had an army of psi resistant demons on the ground screaming, froze the mind of weapon 12 who had a bacterial mind that adapts to telepathy, including millions of nano brains plus the hundreds of minds he had joined to his externally.
    Gamemaster was psychically reading every mind on earth always, and could control a city full of people

Psylocke has felt every mind on earth on two different occasions, I believe should be able to affect 1000 normal minds. The power levels in marvel are already out of whack. Why fight :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    She doesn't look asian to me. Where'd you get that she looks asian here?
    I'd say she looks a bit Asian around the eye and nose.
    But then again, "Asian" is a wide range of looks

Ultimate Member

I could see her as looking a bit Asian in that panel, after all they'd have her look a bit British in some old panels and some would go crazy about what it had to mean, though I don't expect them to change her back based on one panel...

Remender often didn't do the dirty work for the characters and Betsy was one that got hurt because of it...

She looks pretty white to me, most artists just tend to draw Betsy with a RBF
    Last edited by CrystaliaArmadia; 11-29-2018 at 02:15 AM.

I can see where you're coming from because she does have the smaller facial features, that are commonly associated with Asian facial features. I personally saw her as Caucasian when first reading it; however, I feel like it's more that the artist's style is ambiguous at best

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Remender himself even kinda ignored it not too long after he introduced it didn’t he? He still had her weeping and feeling bad til the end of the run. Tried to have her kill herself and all that.
    Well sort of, that was Shadow King munipulating her. Either way it's been pretty much forgotten.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I can see where you're coming from because she does have the smaller facial features, that are commonly associated with Asian facial features. I personally saw her as Caucasian when first reading it; however, I feel like it's more that the artist's style is ambiguous at best
    It still feels the artists are using the recent art to draw Betsy instead of going back to like Alan Davis days where her hair is fluffy and her skin tone was light.

I felts the action scene went of a little to fast for the reveals but it had really nice character moment and revelations. The Betsy Jean feat was very cool. Hope they work more together down the road. I love telepaths working together.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I dont know, I think it should be within their capabilities
    Xavier has controlled billions and sifted through the minds of billions and channeled the minds of billions, he has mind wiped a city full of people
    Teen Jean has drained psionic energy from a planet of aliens, she has also put an hive of brood to sleep, and drained and killed a hive of poisons
    Emma has overpowered one thousand Cuckoos (that's not normal people, other Telepaths), and has also mind wiped a city too (I think)
    Rachel has read through and categorized billions of minds on earth, was constantly connected to every mind in Manhattan
    Jean has controlled hundreds of civilians, scanned the planet different times, mind wiped everyone when Rogue lost control and rampages in a city, froze a town full of people, had an army of psi resistant demons on the ground screaming, froze the mind of weapon 12 who had a bacterial mind that adapts to telepathy, including millions of nano brains plus the hundreds of minds he had joined to his externally.
    Gamemaster was psychically reading every mind on earth always, and could control a city full of people

Psylocke has felt every mind on earth on two different occasions, I believe should be able to affect 1000 normal minds. The power levels in marvel are already out of whack. Why fight :P
    The Problem with that even for the other Telepaths is power creep, and then writers forgetting or ignoring what characters can do or should be capable of doing. Also, repeatable feats should be taken into consideration.
    During the outback era, Storm asked Psylocke to take down the Marauders in one fell sweep. She tried and opened her mind to the Inferno, and collapsed from the strain.

A lot of these feats are done inconsistently. Back when Claremont had sole control, the feats were more consistent.
    I have a fairly popular character I write Horror/Sci-Fi stories for and the one thing people say about her is consistency. Even when a "new" ability appears, it's within the realm of her established abilities.

BANNED

Love Psylocke and Jean working together in this way.

This is what Telepathic teamwork is supposed to be about. Preview of Uncanny X-men #3