Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I don't see Jessica's friendship with wolverine or any of the X-Men for that matter, acknowledged. She's currently in the books for Captains Marvel and America, but no where else. Bummed shes not in War for the Realms. She'd be great for one of the tie ins.

Jess was in Avengers Academy, but that game just shut down. She may be in Avengers Ultimate Alliance on the Switch maybe? She hasn't been announced for it, but she was in the other two versions so I hope she's in this one. The fact that she is not in Marvel Future Fight is a crime.

There's rumors circulating that she's coming to the MCU, bit her part in far From Home was written out, so I'm not sure where these new rumors are coming from.
    You see writers have characters like Black Widow and the Punisher occasionally interact with Madripoor, but Jessica tends to get overlooked even though she was basically there from the start with Logan. Not a lot of people know that she was the Muramasa blade first target (on page), that technically debuted with her.

Since Wolverine has like 5 minis running, i'd to see at least like to have one mention their relationship, only hopes is that Ed Brisson might since he's a Wolverine fan. With Mariko and Kwannon's revival we might see more Madripoor stuff which she may be included in...

I have a bad feeling that due to the success of Spider Verse, she'll only have anything prominent to do on that side of the Marvel Verse...
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 02-16-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Oh, I'm so annoyed Jess wasn't involved in Hunt for Wolverine but Jessica Jones was. Here's to hoping that we see her back there again. Honestly, the story line in Black Widow could totally be Jessica Drew instead. Alas. Maybe one day. I just keep writing Marvel and hope for the best.

The thing with Jessica Drew's movie rights is that in the original agreement she was shared between Marvel and Sony. With Peter in the MCU, I feel like it would make more Sense for Jess to show up there as well, since her stories and Origins are the farthest removed from the Spider-verse compared to all the other the Spiders. Plus, she's Carol's bff. She needs to be in the mcu. It's just a matter of if and when.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Oh, I'm so annoyed Jess wasn't involved in Hunt for Wolverine but Jessica Jones was. Here's to hoping that we see her back there again. Honestly, the story line in Black Widow could totally be Jessica Drew instead. Alas. Maybe one day. I just keep writing Marvel and hope for the best.

The thing with Jessica Drew's movie rights is that in the original agreement she was shared between Marvel and Sony. With Peter in the MCU, I feel like it would make more Sense for Jess to show up there as well, since her stories and Origins are the farthest removed from the Spider-verse compared to all the other the Spiders. Plus, she's Carol's bff. She needs to be in the mcu. It's just a matter of if and when.
    Tom Taylor requested to change one of the characters in his Hunt for Wolverine mini, i have a suspicion it was her since she was part of the New Avengers with Wolverine, Iron Man, Luke Cage and Spidey...instead we got Jessica Jones to fill in.

Honestly, the story line in Black Widow could totally be Jessica Drew instead.

Man i agree. She's long overdue a new solo.

she's Carol's bff.

I just hope that her being around mainly cosmic or spider related stuff doesn't alienate her more from her darker and covert background.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

It feels like they just took Natasha and stuck her in Jessica's place in Agent of SWORD.

Oh hey, look, it's time to be sad that the only reason Agent of SWORD ended is because Maleev got burnt out by having to work on the comic and the motion comic at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Tom Taylor requested to change one of the characters in his Hunt for Wolverine mini, i have a suspicion it was her since she was part of the New Avengers with Wolverine, Iron Man, Luke Cage and Spidey...instead we got Jessica Jones to fill in.
    Jessica Jones was also a New Avenger. The substitute isn't her, it's All-New Wolverine. He was writing that book at the time, and since it was Hunt for Wolverine, Logan obviously wasn't available.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jessica Jones was also a New Avenger. The substitute isn't her, it's All-New Wolverine. He was writing that book at the time, and since it was Hunt for Wolverine, Logan obviously wasn't available.
    Oh my bad.
    She was shafted nevertheless..

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Oh my bad.
    She was shafted nevertheless..
    To be fair, Laura Kinney is effectively (and now literally, if we believe the last issue of Adamantium Agenda) Logan's daughter. Of course she was going to have a role in the Hunt for Wolverine saga. That said, I do agree that Jessica Drew should've been part of it as well; if not The Adamantium Agenda, then Mystery in Madripoor, drawing on that common experience and friendship between her and Logan.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    To be fair, Laura Kinney is effectively (and now literally, if we believe the last issue of Adamantium Agenda) Logan's daughter. Of course she was going to have a role in the Hunt for Wolverine saga. That said, I do agree that Jessica Drew should've been part of it as well; if not The Adamantium Agenda, then Mystery in Madripoor, drawing on that common experience and friendship between her and Logan.
    Exactly. She would have been perfect for it and I don't understand why she wasn't used. Same for her not showing up in Hulk, if only for an issue.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Exactly. She would have been perfect for it and I don't understand why she wasn't used. Same for her not showing up in Hulk, if only for an issue.
    I'm hoping that the world being dragged down into the realm of the One Below All somehow results in Bruce and/or the Hulk running into Jessica again. Come to think of it, it'd be nice if she appeared in No Road Home, too, given the Hulk's role there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 No. 4 (March 1986):

Her Origin has been retconned so many times.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

It is time for Jessica to get back to a new series.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    It is time for Jessica to get back to a new series.
    That is the truth. Leah Williams seems to like Jess and i think would do an AMAZING job. Just saying.

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition Vol. 1 No. 8 (July 1991)

Why does that handbook entry show her with Rapunzel hair? It's usually long, but not THAT long! And that wasn't even how she looked at the time, as she didn't have her powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman