Page 9 of 376 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    I think it's because the first Flash and GL comics I read were from the early 90's when Hal and Wally were both acting as GL and Flash at the same time so those were the characters I associated with the monikers.
    Same with me. I will always have a strong connection with those 2.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Mine as well. It's weird because Hal is my GL, but Wally is my Flash. To me Wally surpassed Barry as to who the greatest Flash of all times is. As always great job Rakzo on the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    I think it's because the first Flash and GL comics I read were from the early 90's when Hal and Wally were both acting as GL and Flash at the same time so those were the characters I associated with the monikers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Same with me. I will always have a strong connection with those 2.
    Thirded...? Is that a word?

Same with me. Hal is my GL but Wally is my Flash. Even though I grew to like Kyle more, Hal is still who I think of as GL.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Hell yeah!

HELL NO!
    I fail to see how anyone can love Wally enough to post in a Wally Appreciation thread without loving classic ginger Wally. As pointed out by others:

"We've only seen a few panels of (Nu) Wally. Too soon to judge"

That goes the other way in that it is also too soon to love Nu-Wally.

Not trying to be combative. Just totally do not get this.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Always Rakzo

I'm not saying that you should "love" new Wally, is just that an appreciation thread with a lot of complaining is not truly an appreciation thread.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I'm not saying that you should "love" new Wally, is just that an appreciation thread with a lot of complaining is not truly an appreciation thread.
    I appreciate what was done before. Because I appreciated that history so much, the current direction disgruntles me something fierce because I can not continue to appreciate the new and I so wanted to be able to.

Besides, where else can we complain? They took away the awesomely-long complaint threads!
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hatestorm View Post
    Wally West was awesome. Regarded by many as the greatest speedster to carry the title of The Flash.

Gone, but not forgotten.
    Gone, but not forgotten INDEED!

and my favorite friends.....

BANNED

Damn Johns & his love for the silver age to bring back Barry from the dead. Wally was already the flash and was doing great.

BANNED

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

(Above posted scans)

Man, oh man, Wally snark....good times.

Suppose that the fight with Mogul was not considered a classic story, but I loved it for those scans AND Wally's asking the bad tempered Mogul if he had a girlfriend too. I cracked up with laughter on that one.

Animated Wally: as much as I loved his desperate run in Divided We Fall and the fun bar and apartment scenes in Flash & Substance, the Teen Titans episode held a lot of charm.

What was the story with the 'flying cars'? I remember the scene, but can't place it.

What issue is that flying cars scene from? That art seems very Mike Allerd-esque.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman