Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, if it weren't for Elliott, the Flyers might've lost 8-4. That game was damned frustrating.
    There's nothing more frustrating than blowing a lead in the 3rd period. It drives me nuts. I feel for you WPP
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    There's nothing more frustrating than blowing a lead in the 3rd period. It drives me nuts. I feel for you WPP
    Saw a stat in a local story about last night's game in the paper today. In their last three losses, the Flyers have been outscored by an outrageous 14-2 after the second period. That absolutely should NOT be allowed to happen.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Saw a stat in a local story about last night's game in the paper today. In their last three losses, the Flyers have been outscored by an outrageous 14-2 after the second period. That absolutely should NOT be allowed to happen.
    Wow. Yeah, that's not good. Sounds like the coaches aren't making adjustments.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Are you freaking kidding me Bettman?! The league fined Kane $5,000 for slashing Ritchie last night. Did they not see why he slashed him? He was retaliating for Ritchie slashing him first. Hard. Kane's slash was more like a love tap. If I was Kane and the Hawks, I would send Bettman a video of what happened and tell him to go pound sand.

Are you freaking kidding me Bettman?! The league fined Kane $5,000 for slashing Ritchie last night. Did they not see why he slashed him? He was retaliating for Ritchie slashing him first. Hard. Kane's slash was more like a love tap. If I was Kane and the Hawks, I would send Bettman a video of what happened and tell him to go pound sand.
    I guess with what happened to Marc Methot last year, the NHL isn't taking any chances anymore.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I guess with what happened to Marc Methot last year, the NHL isn't taking any chances anymore.
    But Kane was slashed by Ritchie first, so why is Kane getting fined but not Ritchie?

And the Flyers' losing skid hits nine after a 3-1 loss to San Jose on home ice last night. And the players were booed which doesn't happen often to the hockey team here in Philly. That was followed by a closed door meeting after the game as it's clear the wheels are falling off. Now the team gets to sit and marinate over the skid until Saturday afternoon when Boston comes to town.

And the Flyers' losing skid hits nine after a 3-1 loss to San Jose on home ice last night. And the players were booed which doesn't happen often to the hockey team here in Philly. That was followed by a closed door meeting after the game as it's clear the wheels are falling off. Now the team gets to sit and marinate over the skid until Saturday afternoon when Boston comes to town.
    What's the solution for the Flyers at this point?

What's the solution for the Flyers at this point?
    I have no earthly idea. Predictably, frustrated fans have called for Dave Hakstol's head, but that wouldn't solve anything, Scotty Bowman couldn't win with this bunch, so a coaching change wouldn't do any good. Plain and simple, the talent isn't there, and that's on GM Ron Hextall who, of course, is preaching patience. Meh!

I have no earthly idea. Predictably, frustrated fans have called for Dave Hakstol's head, but that wouldn't solve anything, Scotty Bowman couldn't win with this bunch, so a coaching change wouldn't do any good. Plain and simple, the talent isn't there, and that's on GM Ron Hextall who, of course, is preaching patience. Meh!
    I hate to ask, but what kind of talent do you think this team needs? You've got a team with a pretty strong first line of Giroux-Couturier-Voracek. He's a little cold, but Wayne Simmonds is still a great player and there's still Gostisbere and Provarov on the back end. While I am still trying to figure out why Hextall traded Schenn, I also have to say that he's playing with two strong players of Schwartz and Tarasenko.

I honestly thought Brian Elliott was a bust of a pick-up, but from what I've seen, he has been doing pretty good. So what kind of talent is missing from this team?

I hate to ask, but what kind of talent do you think this team needs? You've got a team with a pretty strong first line of Giroux-Couturier-Voracek. He's a little cold, but Wayne Simmonds is still a great player and there's still Gostisbere and Provarov on the back end. While I am still trying to figure out why Hextall traded Schenn, I also have to say that he's playing with two strong players of Schwartz and Tarasenko.

I honestly thought Brian Elliott was a bust of a pick-up, but from what I've seen, he has been doing pretty good. So what kind of talent is missing from this team?
    Well, I still don’t think there’s enough in the way of consistent scoring, the blueliners are young and painfully green, on top of that, the Flyers are one of the smallest teams in the league and are often pushed around with ease, especially by the bigger teams in the West. Elliott has done a good job in net, but has had buzzard’s luck of late. I don’t see things getting better anytime soon.

Well, I still don’t think there’s enough in the way of consistent scoring, the blueliners are young and painfully green, on top of that, the Flyers are one of the smallest teams in the league and are often pushed around with ease, especially by the bigger teams in the West. Elliott has done a good job in net, but has had buzzard’s luck of late. I don’t see things getting better anytime soon.
    I dunno, man. With the game going younger and faster, it almost seems like you want smaller players that can skate these days than large framed players who hit hard. I know the Flyers had been known for their Broad Street Bullies reputation, but the game seems to have changed considerably. Look at how much success New Jersey had in the mid 90s to mid 2000s, but look at the team now.

Hell, look at my Oilers. They have players like Lucic, Maroon, Kassian, etc, but they constantly look slow and they are doing pretty poorly in the standings.

I legit feel bad for Laurent Brossoit and Kris Russell after tonight's game. I know some will say that a moral victory means crap, but I will take this moral victory. The Oilers were down 3-1 after the first period and 4-3 after the second period. They came back to tie the game twice.

Then the Kris Russell own-goal happened and you could see it written all over his face.

I sincerely hope he bounces back from this. He's the kind of player we need in the line-up, consistently battling.

So Crow got hurt last night and is out for a while. I guess we're going to find out how good Forsberg is as an everyday goalie.

So Crow got hurt last night and is out for a while. I guess we're going to find out how good Forsberg is as an everyday goalie.
    Your team and mine, boss. Talbot's out. The last game our back-up, Brossoit, played pretty well despite letting in 5. Hope the loss of Crawford isn't a big blow to the Hawks season.