Page 726 of 886 FirstFirst ... 226626676716722723724725726727728729730736776826 ... LastLast
Results 10,876 to 10,890 of 13279
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I never understood why there weren't multiple schools. Mutant numbers were increasing and it's not like they HAVE to just have one location. Rebuild the Mass. Academy and have Emma be the Headmistress again. There could be multiple schools, with multiple xmen and multiple books.
    YUP, and have books that cater to *EACH* X-Men fan. This is what I miss about the good ol' Quesada days...you had a variety of X-Books out, and each one catered to a different demo of X-Fan. New X-Men catered to people who wanted something new, X-Treme catered to the Claremont die-hards...and well I'm not sure who the Austen run catered to, but it catered to someone.

Nowadays, there's only one kind of book(s) catering to only one kind of fan: the one who wants the 90s back...which...like why would you want those days to come back?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zeddfrost View Post
    YUP, and have books that cater to *EACH* X-Men fan. This is what I miss about the good ol' Quesada days...you had a variety of X-Books out, and each one catered to a different demo of X-Fan. New X-Men catered to people who wanted something new, X-Treme catered to the Claremont die-hards...and well I'm not sure who the Austen run catered to, but it catered to someone.

Nowadays, there's only one kind of book(s) catering to only one kind of fan: the one who wants the 90s back...which...like why would you want those days to come back?
    I liked the 90s storylines, but Blue & Gold are NOT even close to those stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I liked the 90s storylines, but Blue & Gold are NOT even close to those stories.
    Agreed...they all keep calling it a 'come-back'...but it's really just a patina of a come-back overlaying a mediocre/incompetent creatives roster.

Spectacular Member comradepitrovsky's Avatar

Blue* and Gold take the aesthetics of the 90s stories and marry them to the worst stories, sapped of the emotional heart that made them at all worthwhile to read in the first place.

*Though I think that Bunn is trying to be the 80s and do classic Claremont, which he, uh, isn't.

This is one of my favs Grey and Frost interactions:

" - I´m a patient woman but sometimes I wish all children had a single neck and I was knotting a rope arount it.
    - Emma!!"

Hilarous
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by comradepitrovsky View Post
    Blue* and Gold take the aesthetics of the 90s stories and marry them to the worst stories, sapped of the emotional heart that made them at all worthwhile to read in the first place.

*Though I think that Bunn is trying to be the 80s and do classic Claremont, which he, uh, isn't.
    I agree 100% . The 90´s were the X Men at their lowest and now we are having a re-run.. it is just horrible!

Agreed...they all keep calling it a 'come-back'...but it's really just a patina of a come-back overlaying a mediocre/incompetent creatives roster.
    So much this.
    The quality for the most part has been getting worse, all they've done is dressed the stories differently.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    So much this.
    The quality for the most part has been getting worse, all they've done is dressed the stories differently.
    worse it's watered down. The characters barely say anything...you know where things are going before the first issue comes out because the solicitations spoil everything and then you're still paying $4/issue. Unless you find other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    This is one of my favs Grey and Frost interactions:

" - I´m a patient woman but sometimes I wish all children had a single neck and I was knotting a rope arount it.
    - Emma!!"

Hilarous
    I miss that writing so much, like leaving aside Jean dying, New X-Men will always be one of my favs.

Sadly there is a number of readers that just hate a character because she shows an independent strong woman capable of leading and thinking out of the box. I think they have sexist attitudes and just tolerate MarySue soft characters that better fit their teenage fantasies of how women should be. It is rather sad.

I also think that the current X Office is terribly mediocre and unprofessional and characters suffer. But in all honesty I see ALL characters suffer. The current lines makes them flat and repetitive. I don´t think Storm fans or Beast fans or any other fans can be pleased if they are over 18 years old readers.

I really think shippers and OTPers share the bulk of the blame for this. It absolutely floors me that people can't get over the dissolution of a FICTIONAL marriage that was on its way out in the first place.

I wonder where we would be at now had the affair not happened and Emma could have just transitioned into the X-Men without that relationship.
    Emma, Scott and Jean would all be in a much better place. Right or wrong all three character has been consistantly and negatively viewed by elements of fandom for their role in the affair. Scott fans constantly get the affair thrown in our faces. Some of the more defensive minded among us then go on the attack against Jean claiming that she's at least partly at fault. Obviously Emma fans have to deal with flak over this too.

For those of use who grew up with Jean and Scott together it was bewildering to see such a long term (and generally well liked) relationship implode in that specific way. I think for some at that time (myself included) our parents marriages were imploding as well and sometime these comics create a stronger paper mirror and a more visceral reaction than we realize, especially for teenagers who are already overly emotional beings.

Beyond this specific case the idea of marital infidelity is a deeply negative one for many people. Remebering that Scott was generally viewed up to that point as a somewhat morally degraded character due to the Maddie fiasco, having him commit this kind of "sin" was the nail in the coffin for his traditional good boy image.

And yes in some cases it's just overzelous shippers but I think there's usually a deeper reason than just "Emma broke up my OTP!".

This is not an excuse for unacceptable or unbecoming behavior but rather a potential explanation as to why some of these reactions exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Emma, Scott and Jean would all be in a much better place. Right or wrong all three character has been consistantly and negatively viewed by elements of fandom for their role in the affair. Scott fans constantly get the affair thrown in our faces. Some of the more defensive minded among us then go on the attack against Jean claiming that she's at least partly at fault. Obviously Emma fans have to deal with flak over this too.

For those of use who grew up with Jean and Scott together it was bewildering to see such a long term (and generally well liked) relationship implode in that specific way. I think for some at that time (myself included) our parents marriages were imploding as well and sometime these comics create a stronger paper mirror and a more visceral reaction than we realize, especially for teenagers who are already overly emotional beings.

Beyond this specific case the idea of marital infidelity is a deeply negative one for many people. Remebering that Scott was generally viewed up to that point as a somewhat morally degraded character due to the Maddie fiasco, having him commit this kind of "sin" was the nail in the coffin for his traditional good boy image.

And yes in some cases it's just overzelous shippers but I think there's usually a deeper reason than just "Emma broke up my OTP!".

This is not an excuse for unacceptable or unbecoming behavior but rather a potential explanation as to why some of these reactions exists.
    Scott and Jean were considered boring. That has always been my recollection of the fan zeltgeist. What you're seeing now is rose tinted nostalgia people will get bored again soon. In any case I disagree. The affair was needed. Morrisons manifesto was bang on. We needed to get out of this type of circular story telling.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Scott and Jean were considered boring. That has always been my recollection of the fan zeltgeist. What you're seeing now is rose tinted nostalgia people will get bored again soon. In any case I disagree. The affair was needed. Morrisons manifesto was bang on. We needed to get out of this type of circular story telling.

Less talking about other posters, more appreciating Emma kplzthnx

will a certain comeback have an effect on Emma?