Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is how I read it now. Even then it felt like that might have been the case. He clearly sabotaged OML but hid it from SK. It would make sense that he sacrificed Gambit as well. He wasn't going to show his hand to anyone.
    And that is fine but it still doesn't support his comment about King of Thieves because again in that moment Gambit is thinking of Rogue not being King. So the King of Thieves statement would have to be a lie as well.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well so far everything and everyone is saying that it's Xavier but I guess that it could be SK, guess we'll have to wait to find out...though if it was the SK why wouldn't he just say so and do something, unless the X-Men have something that he wants and can't get otherwise...
    Why would he announce to them that he's SK? That makes no sense, especially if he has a bigger plan

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Who cares if gambit has resistance. It sure as hell isnt strong enough to resist the most powerful telepaths in the world. Sheesh so butthurt
    Lol, except it has been proven in canon that it is. He resisted Elias Bogan without powers and had him completely fooled. That story was written by his creator (Claremont) and is a much better indication of what was intended for the character than what Charles Soule thinks. He's resisted the Shadow King before in his first appearance again written by Claremont. He has been possessed before no doubt but the argument that others are better suited is not supported by cannon.

You guys can't just ignore facts because they are inconvenient to your narrative. If you like the story then good for you but claiming someone is butthurt because they present facts from canon is odd.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would he announce to them that he's SK? That makes no sense, especially if he has a bigger plan
    My point was that unless he had some bigger plan there wouldn't be any need to pretend to be Xavier...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    And that is fine but it still doesn't support his comment about King of Thieves because again in that moment Gambit is thinking of Rogue not being King. So the King of Thieves statement would have to be a lie as well.
    I did not take Xavier's thoughts to mean that Gambit was lost because of that, just that he did not see in Gambit the qualities he saw in the others, and that lacking quality was due to some fixation on being King of Thieves.

That is, he was willing to lose Gambit, because Gambit was not going to be of use to him, or was better used as a decoy. I don't think that has any connection to what was going on when Xavier saved the others and Gambit succumbed to the SK. They all may have been defeated by the SK in just moments if not for Xavier saving just the ones he did and allowing Gambit to be lost.

My point was that unless he had some bigger plan there wouldn't be any need to pretend to be Xavier...
    It's possible we might get another Dark Phoenix arc when the movie come out

How about the X-men on the defense and out to take him out? Pretending to be Xavier buys him time. If he comes out and announces he is SK, they would attack him. It makes no sense to reveal his true identity

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Who cares if gambit has resistance. It sure as hell isnt strong enough to resist the most powerful telepaths in the world. Sheesh so butthurt
    Xavier, himself, stated as much soooo... I can cite the issue number if you'd like.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How about the X-men on the defense and out to take him out? Pretending to be Xavier buys him time. If he comes out and announces he is SK, they would attack him. It makes no sense to reveal his true identity
    Then again there's only a few X-Men in the area so he wouldn't have many to fight and then he could disappear for a bit and do what he needs to do...

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Lol, except it has been proven in canon that it is. He resisted Elias Bogan without powers and had him completely fooled. That story was written by his creator (Claremont) and is a much better indication of what was intended for the character than what Charles Soule thinks. He's resisted the Shadow King before in his first appearance again written by Claremont. He has been possessed before no doubt but the argument that others are better suited is not supported by cannon.

You guys can't just ignore facts because they are inconvenient to your narrative. If you like the story then good for you but claiming someone is butthurt because they present facts from canon is odd.
    Isn’t SK boosted in this story?
    Get rekt fanboi

BANNED

Still don't get why Xavier's speech is black with white script JUST like the shadow King. It's sketchy and if SK is gone why are the people still saying "set me free?"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Still don't get why Xavier's speech is black with white script JUST like the shadow King. It's sketchy and if SK is gone why are the people still saying "set me free?"
    because they are possessed by Proteus (most likely answer according to solicits)
    Shadow King must have found Proteus desintegrated in the astral plane and was using him to boost his powers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    because they are possessed by Proteus (most likely answer according to solicits)
    Shadow King must have found Proteus desintegrated in the astral plane and was using him to boost his powers
    Proteus or Legion? Legion is a psychic Proteus is just energy.

Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Xavier was the only speaking in black when in the astral plane right? Even Faruk was white! I think thats a side effect from being dead and has nothing to do with the shadow king.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I did not take Xavier's thoughts to mean that Gambit was lost because of that, just that he did not see in Gambit the qualities he saw in the others, and that lacking quality was due to some fixation on being King of Thieves.

That is, he was willing to lose Gambit, because Gambit was not going to be of use to him, or was better used as a decoy. I don't think that has any connection to what was going on when Xavier saved the others and Gambit succumbed to the SK. They all may have been defeated by the SK in just moments if not for Xavier saving just the ones he did and allowing Gambit to be lost.
    Which goes back to the fact that nothing Gambit did in this book or recently suggests a fixation on being King of Thieves. Emphasis on KING as running around failing at petty jobs is not being KING.