View Poll Results: Multiple choice poll. Check ALL that apply!

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm GLAD Ben Affleck is out as Batman, if true!

4 18.18%
  • I'm SAD Ben Affleck is out as Batman, if true!

14 63.64%
  • Jake Gyllenhaal is OK for me as the replacement Batman!

3 13.64%
  • Someone ELSE should be the new Batman!

7 31.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

There’s no reason to scrap everything.

Retired

In hindsight, it's too bad that JUSTICE LEAGUE established the Jason Mamoa Aquaman and the Gal Gadot Wonder Woman in the same universe as an older Batman. That makes it harder to reboot with a younger Batman--which is what I think they should do if Ben Affleck leaves the role. With a younger Batman they can establish a younger Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon, as well, so they can build on their stories in future spin-off movies. Yet with AQUAMAN and WONDER WOMAN II coming up, that will just serve to remind people of the older Batman in JUSTICE LEAGUE.

It shouldn't be too bad to recast if they choose to. It worked for modern Hulk over the course of three actors. As for a reboot, I doubt it would need to be that drastic to need one; it's no secret that some of the worst Marvel movies were among its earlier fare, like IM2, Hulk, and Thors 1 & 2. Even Cap, who's had all good movies, can likely count The First Avenger as a weaker film of the trilogy, and that ain't bad at all. But even a soft reboot (like Thor: Ragnarok) could be the kick the DCEU needs, while still maintaining continuity and much of the casting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    In hindsight, it's too bad that JUSTICE LEAGUE established the Jason Mamoa Aquaman and the Gal Gadot Wonder Woman in the same universe as an older Batman. That makes it harder to reboot with a younger Batman--which is what I think they should do if Ben Affleck leaves the role. With a younger Batman they can establish a younger Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon, as well, so they can build on their stories in future spin-off movies. Yet with AQUAMAN and WONDER WOMAN II coming up, that will just serve to remind people of the older Batman in JUSTICE LEAGUE.
    All they need to do is as follows:

1. All solo Batman films are starring a younger Bruce in early year stories.
    2. Keep Affleck for a few more shared universe Justice League stories.
    3. Do a big Ra’s story and have Affleck fall in a Lazarus pit and emerge as the younger actor.

Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    All they need to do is as follows:

1. All solo Batman films are starring a younger Bruce in early year stories.
    2. Keep Affleck for a few more shared universe Justice League stories.
    3. Do a big Ra’s story and have Affleck fall in a Lazarus pit and emerge as the younger actor.

Problem solved
    Those are all great ideas! I like them.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Doctor Who.

You're thinking of Doctor Who.

Which is perfectly fine since the Doctor is basically a less-punchy, less-broody Batman in Space. Heck, he even takes on a young ward.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Flashpoint could be a way to do a younger Batman in a way. You have Flash travel back and give the note to Bruce at the end. He removes the cowl to speak to Barry and its a younger Batman. But Barry doesn't notice the change since he was affected by Flashpoint.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

So basically it's a prequel series like Wonder Woman. That's the only explanation as to how it can fit into the DCEU.