Page 138 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2204

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    This does not mean he "killed off" Devil, by this logic he killed off every other alter which obviously isn't the case. I mean i am not the biggest Cates fan as everyone knows here but not even Cates would pull off something that dumb, let alone handle it off screen. Imagine killing off Devil, Joe Fixit, Green Scar offscreen and not even treat it as a big deal. I think you are reading this completely wrong. Those alters are clearly dormant, not sure if they will appear in Cates run but they are certainly not dead.
    Dude, the Devil Hulk is dead.

Next subject... Does anyone else think that we are actually reading Banner Hulk in action?
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 11-29-2021 at 07:01 AM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    Dude, the Devil Hulk is dead.

Next subject... Does anyone else think that we are actually reading Banner Hulk in action?
    If he is dead, he was killed off by Ewing, not by Cates. There are major flaws in your reasoning and assumptions.

This is not Banner Hulk like the one we had in past, this is clearly different.

Fantastic Member

NEW SUBJECT!

Here's an unused alternate cover for Secret Wars #4

D1nvAayX0AYs5vh.jpg

If he is dead, he was killed off by Ewing, not by Cates. There are major flaws in your reasoning and assumptions.

This is not Banner Hulk like the one we had in past, this is clearly different.
    What major flaws?!?! He's not here anymore... and you agree?!?!
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Maybe the "Hydra Hulk" is the one who messed up El Paso? If you read #15 Devil says Hydra Hulk is locked away, but "as long as I'm around"....so maybe it got loose.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

What major flaws?!?! He's not here anymore... and you agree?!?!
    Joe Fixit isn't here either, do you agree that Cates killed him?

Joe Fixit isn't here either, do you agree that Cates killed him?
    I don't know about that. We know the child-like Hulk is present, and Banner is present. We also see green letters over a gray colored box representing Banner's thoughts. Could the gray in the box represent the Gray Hulk... maybe...just maybe... but your guess is as good as mine.

BANNED

I don't know about that. We know the child-like Hulk is present, and Banner is present. We also see green letters over a gray colored box representing Banner's thoughts. Could the gray in the box represent the Gray Hulk... maybe...just maybe... but your guess is as good as mine.
    Let me reveal the answer to you. They are not dead, at least not killed of by Cates. Because no writer including Cates is gonna be so dumb to kill off multiple Hulk personalities off screen and not even mention it, i can hardly think of a dumber thing anyone can do in a run like this. If you are killing off a Hulk personality you are dedicating a whole chapter to it like Ewing did with Devil Hulk.

Fantastic Member

If Bruce Banner had a sad Hulk, it would definitely have emerged reading the last several pages of this conversation.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Let me reveal the answer to you. They are not dead, at least not killed of by Cates. Because no writer including Cates is gonna be so dumb to kill off multiple Hulk personalities off screen and not even mention it, i can hardly think of a dumber thing anyone can do in a run like this. If you are killing off a Hulk personality you are dedicating a whole chapter to it like Ewing did with Devil Hulk.
    That don't make no type of sense.

It's explained in issue #1 what he did.

Being that gamma is both science and magic, I believe Banner used his own gamma mind to create this palace in his head. He is no longer being reactive, but proactive by learning how to use his gammafied body.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 11-30-2021 at 07:03 AM.

Fantastic Member

Comic book rules -- if it's not depicted on panel it didn't happen.

We haven't seen Glow, Goblin and Guardian either.

Regardless, I agree that Banner used his mind to restructure/imprision his alters, but disagree completely that doing so killed the alters (Devil, Fixit, Triad, etc) Restructuring into a palace isn't the same as curing himself of alters. If anything the imagery of palace implies a fiefdom wherein Banner is the King and unruly subjects are locked away in the dungeon. And besides if he were capable of getting rid of alters on his own this way, wouldn't he have done it long ago? It all depends on how bad El Paso really was.

Also given the imagery of Starship Hulk we'll have a mutiny of the other alters to commandeer the ship when they inevitably escape from said dungeon. For Cates it's likely best to start over with a back to basics approach and save/bring in that stuff for later after he's pissed off enough people.
    Last edited by Cth; 11-30-2021 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post

Regardless, I agree that Banner used his mind to restructure/imprision his alters, but disagree completely that doing so killed the alters (Devil, Fixit, Triad, etc) Restructuring into a palace isn't the same as curing himself of alters. If anything the imagery of palace implies a fiefdom wherein Banner is the King and unruly subjects are locked away in the dungeon. And besides if he were capable of getting rid of alters on his own this way, wouldn't he have done it long ago? It all depends on how bad El Paso really was.

Also given the imagery of Starship Hulk we'll have a mutiny of the other alters to commandeer the ship when they inevitably escape from said dungeon. For Cates it's likely best to start over with a back to basics approach and save/bring in that stuff for later after he's pissed off enough people.
    A starship doesn't run on the bridge and fuel alone. I'd imagine other alters are consigned to other sections of the 'ship' with their own torments, or at least that'd be my guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post

More like your rules. A lot of things have been said and done or left to the imagination in comics since I've been reading them.

Here's a dictionary's definition of the word "restructure" -
    1. to change, alter, or restore the structure of
    2. to effect a fundamental change in (as an organization or system).

I'm not saying a writer couldn't come along and bring Devil Hulk back, but for the time being, he is dead and gone.
    There is no dungeon. Banner won't let Childlike Hulk into the palace. He's in that desert. No telling where the missing part of the mind is.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 11-30-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Fantastic Member

More like your rules. A lot of things have been said and done or left to the imagination in comics since I've been reading them.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_book_death
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...eal/ComicBooks

Yeah, totally my rule.

Here's a dictionary's definition of the word "restructure" -
    1. to change, alter, or restore the structure of
    2. to effect a fundamental change in (as an organization or system).

I'm not saying a writer couldn't come along and bring Devil Hulk back, but for the time being, he is dead and gone.
    If the Devil Hulk alter was killed (and as you've argued science trumps comics in that gamma vs cosmic ray thread, ergo science says alters cannot be killed)

If he's dead, Ewing killed him. But since Ewing had someone whispering in Bruce's ear in Hell that sounded like him, he's alive until proven dead.

So which is it, do we believe science or comics?

There is no dungeon. Banner won't let Childlike Hulk into the palace. He's in that desert. No telling where the missing part of the mind is.
    Make up your mind.

"A lot of things have been said and done or left to the imagination in comics since I've been reading them."

Bruce has more alters than just Salad Head. Alters cannot be killed. Alters are not shown, ergo they must be elsewhere and not dead.