View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

267 89.60%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

31 10.40%
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    He did experience the same type of adverse effect - the premise was it gave back their powers on overdrive. Pietro became so superquick he traveled through time. Unus became so untouchable that oxygen didn't go through his shield. But that wasn't what I was talking about. What I was talking about are the themes of the story: the whole idea is that Pietro is willing to go to extremes to save the Mutant race - extremes that others would consider unethical or immoral, but ones he felt necessary to protect his people. The whole idea is that he's becoming the Son of Magneto in deed, not just in blood. Those themes only work if he's a mutant and the son of Magneto.

Now, granted, they technically work if he just thinks those things, but that's seriously undermining the premise.
    I though the theme was that Pietro was a self-deluded drug addict who couldn't handle being ordinary to the point that he endangered his own daughter (and killed one of the inhumans). the repowering mutants was his way of covering for what he had done in the name of regaining his powers. the story works because it's Pietro. he's impulsive, selfish, and arrogant. the source of his powers was irrelevant. he could be some test tube mutate like the genoshans or wundagore experiments. there are no established rules for what terrigen exposure does to someone with artificial augmentation. the rules were already altered to allow Luna a power upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    During Remender's final Uncanny arc, Vision found something in the High Evolutionary's computers that pertained to Wanda, and whatever it was, it shocked him. The ending had him about to tell Wanda what he'd learned about her, only for him to choose to withhold it to try and make her feel better.

I doubt Remender intended for the secret info to be a retcon of the retcon (since he was clearly building to something he never got to do because of Secret Wars and his exit from Marvel as a whole), but it would be easy to just say the secret info Vision found was that High Evolutionary died, and that Wanda and Pietro are Magneto's children.
    i'm having a hard time remembering the story. was it even the High Evolutionary that revealed this? I thought that they found out during Axis.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i'm having a hard time remembering the story. was it even the High Evolutionary that revealed this? I thought that they found out during Axis.
    They found out that Magneto wasn't their dad in AXIS. After that Wanda and Pietro went to Counter-Earth to get answers of the High Evolutionary. That's when the Vision learned something shocking but decided not to tell Wanda.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I though the theme was that Pietro was a self-deluded drug addict who couldn't handle being ordinary to the point that he endangered his own daughter (and killed one of the inhumans). the repowering mutants was his way of covering for what he had done in the name of regaining his powers. the story works because it's Pietro. he's impulsive, selfish, and arrogant. the source of his powers was irrelevant. he could be some test tube mutate like the genoshans or wundagore experiments. there are no established rules for what terrigen exposure does to someone with artificial augmentation. the rules were already altered to allow Luna a power upgrade.
    I just think we have different reads on the story. Sure, Pietro's arrogance is a part of it, but I don't think his problem is being oridnary, it's being human. And he's very much viewing himself as the savior of all the other mutants. He wouldn't have shared the Terrigen with other mutants otherwise.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I just think we have different reads on the story. Sure, Pietro's arrogance is a part of it, but I don't think his problem is being oridnary, it's being human. And he's very much viewing himself as the savior of all the other mutants. He wouldn't have shared the Terrigen with other mutants otherwise.
    Is that what Luna sensed? I think Pietro's quest to repower mutants was an admission of guilt. He used his sister to create House of M. He made himself royalty.

BANNED

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch..

..children of Magento?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It was a stupid decision to make them not his kids again. To me they were probably the best family Marvel had.
    I feel the same.
    It added to all of them positively. The whole family (Magneto, Wanda, Pietro, Lorna, and Luna) all were more interesting when they were a disfunctional unit.
    I wholeheartedly agree!

Personally I hated that retcon. They are adults, who is or who is not his father shouldn't weight so hard in their lives. Other hand they had a lot of history as Magneto childs in several universes. The change looks to me as a very unnecessary and didn't aported to the characters, while also breaking a interesting familiar dynamic. I just can wish that it gets another "shocking and living changing" temporal change.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Marvel posted this on their official Instagram account which clears up any doubts.

Age of X also had Magneto remembering his time with the twins and referring to them as his children. Expect the High Evolutionary retcon to be undone soon enough.

I don't think he should accept them back. they never call.

Not a fan myself. It ends up with Wanda and Pietro just revolving around him instead of having their own stories.

I want the Maximoffs to stay away from Magneto. I only want Wanda and Polaris to be sisters.

then they should definitely make it so that Polaris isn't Magneto's kid. she's not pulling her weight anyways.

then they should definitely make it so that Polaris isn't Magneto's kid. she's not pulling her weight anyways.
    If the twins become Erik's kids again, Lorna is still fucked, so not even making her his daughter anymore would just be dumping salt on the gaping wounds.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate