Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It depends on what the kids are trying to do and how the law is dealt with in Gotham.

Lets say the Robins go after guys who rob stores-the police depending on the polices in Gotham can let that slide. In my city the cops won't bother to come to your store for a robbery unless you have the criminal in YOUR custody. (It's a sneaky way to claim your crime rate is going down).
    I always figure that the actual 'arrests' that superheroes perform are mostly non-starters in court, but at the same time the heroes are not interested in filling up the prisons: they want people to stop committing crimes. If they stop knocking over stores because they're afraid of going to jail, or because they never know when some costumed kid is going to fall out of the night and beat the crap out of them, it's all the same to the heroes.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Ha! That's so true! Most of the Robins look exactly the same.

Dick Grayson is caucasion with black hair.
    Jason Todd is caucasion with black hair.
    Tim Drake is caucasion with black hair.
    Damian Wayne is caucasion with black hair.

They do look all the same!! LOL!
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

penetrator of things

Jason Todd was a red-headed step child at some point.

Plus, you know, Carrie Kelley was a red head too.
    ...Stephanie was a blonde Robin.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post

Well yeah, but I meant the most popular ones. The four I mentioned were the most recognizable. Besides, since the New 52 Jason only had black hair.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Extraordinary Member

Honestly, this concept interests me way more than Batman, Inc. A small army of Robins sounds a lot cooler to me by comparison.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 03-22-2015 at 06:00 PM.

This comic is always relevant when it comes to Robin and their appearance.

http://www.shortpacked.com/2011/comi...d/inventory-3/

I wish they'd actually try to make them look a bit different like give one of the kids different eye or hair colour at least. As a kid, I thought there was only 1 Robin and had no idea that there were two different Robins in TAS and I definitely didn't know Jason even existed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkNut View Post

I wish they'd actually try to make them look a bit different like give one of the kids different eye or hair colour at least. As a kid, I thought there was only 1 Robin and had no idea that there were two different Robins in TAS and I definitely didn't know Jason even existed.
    LOL! Poor Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkNut View Post

Crap that's funny. I lol'd.
    If you are not reading Lazarus, you should be.

Extraordinary Member

When there was that BleedingCool rumor about a Young Justice live-action show, I made a conjectured lineup with both Tim and Dick, and I tried to propose they could give Tim some kind of diverse ancestry (I chose Korean.) Some recasting on the Robins' race wouldn't be that bad. Though, arguably, you'd have to be careful. There'd be complaints any way you did it, but there'd be more if you pulled a Wally and massively modified a character's personality and introduction in a way that stereotypically is attached to a skin color. Or imagine if someone made Jason black or Latino. People would immediately start talking about unfortunate implications.

Which is why I, curious how they're going to cast that Titans TV show. Burton was going to have an African American Dick Grayson. Could we see anything like that there?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Which is why I, curious how they're going to cast that Titans TV show. Burton was going to have an African American Dick Grayson. Could we see anything like that there?
    For the sake of what little peace and amity there is in the fandom, I most sincerely hope not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post

Also technically Damian is half whatever ambiguous ethnicity Ra's and Talia are supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    Ha! That's so true! Most of the Robins look exactly the same.

Dick Grayson is caucasion with black hair.
    Jason Todd is caucasion with black hair.
    Tim Drake is caucasion with black hair.
    Damian Wayne is caucasion with black hair.

They do look all the same!! LOL!
    Damian isn't all white. The others are, but that should've matter. There's absolutely nothing wrong about it. The good artists draw them differently, but the point of the mask and the costume is to hide their identities. And saying people of the same race with the same hair color look the same? I don't know... If someone replaced white with any other race, the reactions would be less than pleasant.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 03-23-2015 at 02:30 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Honestly, this concept interests me way more than Batman, Inc. A small army of Robins sounds a lot cooler to me by comparison.
    I'm really not a fan of either ideas. The Bat-family shouldn't be an organized cooperation (especially organized by Bruce Wayne- talk about blowing your cover). Batman or Robin shouldn't turn into a movement. It make the originals less unique.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

the future Batman and Robin will be diverse

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I'm really not a fan of either ideas. The Bat-family shouldn't be an organized cooperation (especially organized by Bruce Wayne- talk about blowing your cover). Batman or Robin shouldn't turn into a movement. It make the originals less unique.
    Its an original idea that turns the stale, rinse and repeat idea idea on its head and makes it interesting again. The only person going by Robin is Damian and he isn't even a normal human anymore. These Robins get to fill the void he left