Page 127 of 774 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227627 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, and leaving out the 'reality manipulation' stuff where she'd wave her hands and millions of mutants would lose their powers (or, later, wave her hands and dozens of mutants would get summoned and thrown at an enemy to their deaths, because she wasn't hated enough by X-fans by the time of Uncanny Avengers).
    The mutants stuff was done by the life force (and her channeling Simon's ionic power), not her own abilities.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-28-2021 at 08:55 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The mutants stuff was done by the life force (and her channeling Simon's ionic power), not her own abilities.
    the life force was just the fuel, altering reality is within her power if she can tap a suitable power source
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

in the Uncanny Avengers comic it's true that Wanda was using Wonder Man's ionic Energy but it was her casting the spell, more props to Wanda since she could finish the spell after being stabbed from behind and thrown from a cliff by Rogue while doing the spell, and she still managed to concrete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    the life force was just the fuel, altering reality is within her power if she can tap a suitable power source
    Yes, but she couldn't do either without the power source. Her spells are to tap into the powers. It works like a conduit. She's then using the power itself, ionic, life force, twilight sword. Not her own powers.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-28-2021 at 09:24 AM.

It's me or when MCU Wanda created the HEX looked like when Wanda warped a large area into a nazi nightmare under Red Onslaught control

She's doing it here without tapping into the Life Force or an external source just her magic

Last edited by Cruelrain; 02-28-2021 at 09:27 AM.

Yes, but she couldn't do eirher without the power source. Her spells are to tap into the powers. It works like a conduit. She's then using the power itself, ionic, life force, twilight sword. Not her own powers.
    this is just a semantic game, it is within her abilities to alter reality, she just need to tap a large enough energy source, just like superman needs to "sundip" in order to boost his power.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    It's me or when MCU Wanda created the HEX looked like when Wanda warped a large area into a nazi nightmare under Red Onslaught control

Marvel was especially tone deaf when allowing a writer to have a Romani character do this.

this is just a semantic game, it is within her abilities to alter reality, she just need to tap a large enough energy source, just like superman needs to "sundip" in order to boost his power.
    She's not able to do it without a power source strong enough. Which is situational. It's not her normal power set. Which is why she could not repower mutants.

Marvel was especially tone deaf when allowing a writer to have a Romani character do this.
    the red skull is one of the worst villain in marvel history, he just did what he does best, he is a monster.

She's not able to do it without a power source strong enough. Which is situational. It's not her normal power set. Which is why she could not repower mutants.
    dazzler cant create light without sound, the human torch can't use his power without oxigen, I need water and food to run a marathon.....

Honestly I prefer to think Wanda can alter reality on her own, and the life force just allowed her to do it on a much larger scale. Probability alteration in itself seems very similar to Reality alteration, just a more lowkey form/use of it. And in a way, magic in itself kinda alters reality as sorcerers can pretty much do anything and it's explained as "Well, magic".

dazzler cant create light without sound, the human torch can't use his power without oxigen, I need water and food to run a marathon.....
    I don't think you understand that unlike them, this is not something she can normally tap into. Which is exactly why she couldn't do it in AvX and Hope had to do it and cast away the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Honestly I prefer to think Wanda can alter reality on her own, and the life force just allowed her to do it on a much larger scale. Probability alteration in itself seems very similar to Reality alteration, just a more lowkey form/use of it. And in a way, magic in itself kinda alters reality as sorcerers can pretty much do anything and it's explained as "Well, magic".
    She can alter reality on a much smaller scale on her own. But they do try to create some limits here and there for her powers. Because it's too easy when characters can do just anything at will and solve every problem. Then there are no challenges for her or the team.

I don't think you understand that unlike them, this is not something she can normally tap into. Which is exactly why she couldn't do it in AvX and Hope had to do it and cast away the Phoenix.
    I already explained my point pretty accurately, I just disagree with your view and my ability to understand should not be a topic in this forum.

Yes, but she couldn't do either without the power source. Her spells are to tap into the powers. It works like a conduit. She's then using the power itself, ionic, life force, twilight sword. Not her own powers.
    When did Wanda drain power from the twilight sword? If i remember correctly Wanda was matching Morgan Le Fay with her own magic while Morgan was amped by the twilight sword and had global reality warping thanks to this