View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

3 11.11%
  • ★★★★

5 18.52%
  • ★★★

2 7.41%
  • ★★

7 25.93%
  • 10 37.04%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Can't WAIT for the action figure!
    Like the awesome Hercules UnboundTM from the Warlord Remco line, it will look right at home next to the Masters of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    The implication that he only writes Jack Knight well at DC is as silly. He gets the Shade well to the point nobody else writes him. He wrote a good Superman supporting cast and a great Mon-El and Guardian.

He just doesn`t seem interested in Diana. Give him a mini with Jason and more people will be happy.
    I think the WW comic has been a Jason miniseries, since #38, at least.

I imagine Jason settling into Herc's Twin Peaks (Elexinore) cabin or Diana's London townhouse ..and just training like hell, for awhile. I think he needs a less busy, less armored-up uniform and to learn to incorporate his elemental powers, more effectively, into his fighting skills. I also want to see him master deflecting attack, with his armored wristbands, ..like a proper Amazon!. Maybe, he could get Zola and I Ching or Mister Genie to assist him. If you can get a miniseries out of that, good on you!

That's my Jason fantasy. It's Jason, settled into a London penthouse or American hunting lodge, with two cool, sexy companions, who travel the world and beyond on weird, mind-bending adventures, ..written by WARREN ELLIS [YES!!!]. This is basically what I hoped would be done with Wonder Woman, after the Chiang-Azzarello run, because all the pieces (Zola and a resurrected, semi-mortal War) were in place to do exactly that. That would have been so so-ooo cool, but, it would work just as well, if not better, ..with Jason! Why can't I have that ..AND an action figure?!

That aside, I think the best thing that could happen to this character, right now, is putting him in the Justice League and letting him develop his own fanbase. He's basically a Captain Marvel/Storm combo platter, traditionally masculine and rugged - he's going to be tremendously popular! Let the folks, who drove James off of Twitter, attack Jason - let them try - and the Internet will deal with them [No violence.], ..while we cheer them on! I honestly don't think anyone reading the WW comic will care, at that point, and Jason will be free to do what I think [Think...] he was created to do: expand the Wonder-brand, ..without hogging Diana's panel-time.

He needs a hero codename, though. I'm partial to Argonaut, but, since he's already a captain...maybe, Captain Wonder? Maybe, that will happen in WW #49, ..though I'm surprised the JLers didn't give him a name in WW #48.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-15-2018 at 03:04 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

All-New Member

This comic doesn't even feel like its about WW anymore. I feel like she's barely been in it. Jason seems to be the main character, there was also quite a lot of Grail and Darkseid which also meant less Diana. WW seems like she's become a bit part in her own book. I really enjoyed Rucka's run, and liked the balance between all the characters most of the time. Everyone had some spotlight and time to shine without side-lining Diana.

If he isn't sacrificed to the Dark Gods, I'm kind of feeling Jason settling in Elexinore too Mel.

I know Nightwing has already picked his Titans team and it has Donna on it, but I feel like that's a natural place for him. With their new mission to handle emerging and evolving superheroes, I could see him learning from them and some drama between him and Donna, based on how she was created by the Amazons and he's the lost son and essentially unknown by the Amazons. It's rough out here for the Amazons in these streets who aren't "true" Amazons.

There's no chance they'll add him to the team, but he might do well there. He definitely needs guidance at any rate. Falling for Grail's machinations, he's not the brightest star in the sky and kind of impulsive and reckless - regardless of invoking Athena's wisdom from his supersuit. Which I like about him, but may make his attempts to do good backfire on him. Besides, he's been alone and in hiding for so long, and that's not really his character, that I can see him wanting to superhero on a team with gusto.

I'm at a loss for a superhero moniker for him at the moment...
    Last edited by WonderScott; 06-15-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Well...with Geoff Johns's departure from DC Comics, I don't imagine that Jason and Grail have the editorial protection that they did, with him around. Furthermore, the WW 1984 film offers Cheetah as the super-villain; so, Grail, though conceptually a perfect enemy for Diana, may be fading fast from archenemy-in-training status.

Diana working out of her London penthouse, with Zola and a resurrected, mortal War, as her companions - Steve dropping, here and there - would have been a great set-up for the WW comic. With James Robinson leaving the comic, I would gladly take Etta and I Ching (or Ferdinand) in Zola's and War's places, in a Warren Ellis comic...maybe, working out of Gateway City? Argona...I mean 'Jason Man', up the coast in Elexinore?

Jason's showing in WW #48 makes a case for that.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-15-2018 at 05:02 PM. Reason: style
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    If he isn't sacrificed to the Dark Gods, I'm kind of feeling Jason settling in Elexinore too Mel.

I know Nightwing has already picked his Titans team and it has Donna on it, but I feel like that's a natural place for him.
    With their new mission to handle emerging and evolving superheroes, I could see him learning from them and some drama between him and Donna, based on how she was created by the Amazons and he's the lost son and essentially unknown by the Amazons. It's rough out here for the Amazons in these streets who aren't "true" Amazons.

There's no chance they'll add him to the team, but he might do well there. He definitely needs guidance at any rate. Falling for Grail's machinations, he's not the brightest star in the sky and kind of impulsive and reckless - regardless of invoking Athena's wisdom from his supersuit. Which I like about him, but may make his attempts to do good backfire on him. Besides, he's been alone and in hiding for so long, and that's not really his character, that I can see him wanting to superhero on a team with gusto.

That'd be one way to insure I never read him again, with how bad that annual was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think Wonder Woman fans should be downright angry with how badly DC has bungled her comic.
    Yup. That is where I have been for the last decade.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Yup. That is where I have been for the last decade.
    Haven't picked up the monthly title since dropping it mid run during the Azz debacle. There doesn't seem a reason to start over again.

Now that D C Comics has a new boss
    things will either get better or worse........... but for sure big changes are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    If you're part of the 2% of Wonder Woman fans who enjoy her twin brother Jason, then you'll love this issue. Everyone else will be as irritated and/or frustrated as I am that she only appears on the last page (and I guess the first if you count her being pulled away by the Star Sapphires).

The story is pretty brief - Jason fights some of the Dark Gods who then teleport away leaving only King Best in his monolith form. Mob God or whatever (ugh; as I said in the preview thread, these Dark Gods have some of the worst names in comic book history) is causing riots and driving people mad. Supergirl shows up to help Jason, followed by the Justice League (sans Superman for whatever reason; but it is the newest incarnation of the team which I guess is neat). They all help Jason briefly but then disappear (I *think* King Best teleported them away? I read it sort of in a rush this morning) leaving Jason to confront King Best himself. However, just in the nick of time, Diana appears and tells him that she will help him, as the entire issue Jason has all the power of the gods in his armor but laments about how he's not worthy/skilled/good.

So... yeah. Frustrating issue. Is this run over yet?
    Actually, i’m One of the 2% that likes jason, and would love to see him somewhere else. Kind of intrigued by the WW / star sapphire connection.

Well...with Geoff Johns's departure from DC Comics, I don't imagine that Jason and Grail have the editorial protection that they did, with him around. Furthermore, the WW 1984 film offers Cheetah as the super-villain; so, Grail, though conceptually a perfect enemy for Diana, may be fading fast from archenemy-in-training status.

Diana working out of her London penthouse, with Zola and a resurrected, mortal War, as her companions - Steve dropping, here and there - would have been a great set-up for the WW comic. With James Robinson leaving the comic, I would gladly take Etta and I Ching (or Ferdinand) in Zola's and War's places, in a Warren Ellis comic...maybe, working out of Gateway City? Argona...I mean 'Jason Man', up the coast in Elexinore?

Jason's showing in WW #48 makes a case for that.
    I didn’t Understand any of that.

I think the WW comic has been a Jason miniseries, since #38, at least.

I imagine Jason settling into Herc's Twin Peaks (Elexinore) cabin or Diana's London townhouse ..and just training like hell, for awhile. I think he needs a less busy, less armored-up uniform and to learn to incorporate his elemental powers, more effectively, into his fighting skills. I also want to see him master deflecting attack, with his armored wristbands, ..like a proper Amazon!. Maybe, he could get Zola and I Ching or Mister Genie to assist him. If you can get a miniseries out of that, good on you!

That's my Jason fantasy. It's Jason, settled into a London penthouse or American hunting lodge, with two cool, sexy companions, who travel the world and beyond on weird, mind-bending adventures, ..written by WARREN ELLIS [YES!!!]. This is basically what I hoped would be done with Wonder Woman, after the Chiang-Azzarello run, because all the pieces (Zola and a resurrected, semi-mortal War) were in place to do exactly that. That would have been so so-ooo cool, but, it would work just as well, if not better, ..with Jason! Why can't I have that ..AND an action figure?!

That aside, I think the best thing that could happen to this character, right now, is putting him in the Justice League and letting him develop his own fanbase. He's basically a Captain Marvel/Storm combo platter, traditionally masculine and rugged - he's going to be tremendously popular! Let the folks, who drove James off of Twitter, attack Jason - let them try - and the Internet will deal with them [No violence.], ..while we cheer them on! I honestly don't think anyone reading the WW comic will care, at that point, and Jason will be free to do what I think [Think...] he was created to do: expand the Wonder-brand, ..without hogging Diana's panel-time.

He needs a hero codename, though. I'm partial to Argonaut, but, since he's already a captain...maybe, Captain Wonder? Maybe, that will happen in WW #49, ..though I'm surprised the JLers didn't give him a name in WW #48.
    Maybe he could team up with the signal!��

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Actually, i’m One of the 2% that likes jason, and would love to see him somewhere else. Kind of intrigued by the WW / star sapphire connection.
    I am sure the number is much higher.
    I like Jason very much.
    But what James Robinson is doing to Diana to
    elevate Jason is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

I know Nightwing has already picked his Titans team and it has Donna on it, but I feel like that's a natural place for him. With their new mission to handle emerging and evolving superheroes, I could see him learning from them and some drama between him and Donna, based on how she was created by the Amazons and he's the lost son and essentially unknown by the Amazons. It's rough out here for the Amazons in these streets who aren't "true" Amazons...

Going solo in Elexinore, for awhile, might give Jason some much-needed grit. I think he needs some grit, and we, his fans, need the assurance that Diana's brother is his own man. Maybe, a codename, without 'Wonder' in it, could help that along, but, something tells me it won't happen.

I think Jason is here to expand the Wonder brand. Coming off the success of the 2017 WW film, nothing else makes his existence...sensible?

I'm also going to take a wild guess that he's already been named 'Wonder Man', ..and that the stylized 'W' topping the 'M' on his pteryges isn't an accident. In interviews, James said he didn't want to give us a 'male Wonder Woman'; so, it makes sense that he's gone out of his way to highlight Jason's Storm-like powers. He's made it very easy to distinguish this 'Wonder man' from Marvel's Wonder Man, ..who's basically ..a superman archetype.

Still hoping he's 'coded 'Argonaut' before WW #51! It sounds scrappy and masculine, ..and I actually like him not having 'Wonder' in his codename. Imagine how he would have been billed in the Silver Age..."As his mythical forebears once sailed the ancient, savage seas, so Jason, brother of the Amazing Amazon, sails and commands the fierce winds, ..as the ARGONAUT!" A storm-riding, male Wonder might have been my favorite superhero in the Silver Age comics we were reading, when I was a boy.

That last panel in WW #48, with him standing next to Diana, after surviving an attack on the Justice League [The JUSTICE LEAGUE!]...that just begs for a cool codename. I can't believe, after coming this far, Jason may wind up codeless, ..like Donna Troy.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-19-2018 at 12:44 AM.

I'll be generous and give it two stars. I didn't like the issue at all, certainly below average IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."