Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

She never aged past her teens even before Flashpoint, did she?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She never aged past her teens even before Flashpoint, did she?
    I think she only got as far as 19 maximum.

Then she's probably the same age now as she was before Flashpoint. Her age in Batgirls isn't affected by how much of her history is in play, as any de-aging done by New 52 had effectively been reverted by how much Damian has aged up since then. Tim and Steph should also be around 18 and 19, which would match pre-Flashpoint.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Tim and Steph should also be around 18 and 19, which would match pre-Flashpoint.
    Tim was only 17 pre flaspoint, he was 2 years younger than Cass back then.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Tim was only 17 pre flaspoint, he was 2 years younger than Cass back then.
    so she is 21

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    so she is 21
    I doubt that, to me it doesn't look to me like Tim, Steph or Cass are already 18.

Extraordinary Member

I doubt that, to me it doesn't look to me like Tim, Steph or Cass are already 18.
    looks can be deceiving when their is no consistency
    Somtimes Tim is a head shorter and much smaller then jason, and sometimes he 6'1 and bulgy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    looks can be deceiving when their is no consistency
    Somtimes Tim is a head shorter and much smaller then jason, and sometimes he 6'1 and bulgy
    I don't think Tim has been drawn that tall since Rebirth. Since than he has been pretty consistently been drawn shorter than the adult characters.

And Cass and Steph look usually also pretty short.

Not to mention how inconsistent heights can be in comics. Babs' height shifts a lot.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not to mention how inconsistent heights can be in comics. Babs' height shifts a lot.
    Of course, but Tim has since rebirth only shifted between small and tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Cassandra's Pre-Flashpoint story hasn't been restored.

The idea of Death Metal that characters will remember all their past stories would never work. At the end, it's just an excuse for writers to take parts of the story they want.

They will continue with Cassandra's introduction by Tynion. That's why Cassandra would be a teenager in Batgirls.

Then again, unlike Babs/Steph, Cass is going by just two names. Her real name and Batgirl. There is a reason for that. The question is will any writer truly explore it? The closest we got to is Bryan Edward Hill in Batman & the Outsiders with Shiva decrying the codename Cass chose any chance she could. The bat symbol does mean a lot to Cass and it was the entire point of the story with Steph in Batman: Joker War Zone #1. The question is, again will the writers of Batgirls explore it?
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think Tim has been drawn that tall since Rebirth. Since than he has been pretty consistently been drawn shorter than the adult characters.

And Cass and Steph look usually also pretty short.
    Yes young justice really made them all look 14 despite all of them being almost 20
    Batman eternal was just such a trip

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I don't think the story will treat Cassandra and Stephanie as almost 20. I'm pretty sure they will treat them as around 16 (the solicitations seem to imply don't have driver's licenses).

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    Then again, unlike Babs/Steph, Cass is going by just two names. Her real name and Batgirl. There is a reason for that. The question is will any writer truly explore it? The closest we got to is Bryan Edward Hill in Batman & the Outsiders with Shiva decrying the codename Cass chose any chance she could. The bat symbol does mean a lot to Cass and it was the entire point of the story with Steph in Batman: Joker War Zone #1. The question is, again will the writers of Batgirls explore it?
    DC seems to (finally) accept Orphan is a pretty bad name, that's why they don't seem to use it anymore. I start to suspect they will start to use "Cass" as a new code name.

DC don't want Cassandra to be the main Batgirl. That's why Cassandra is one of the Batgirls, while Barbara is Batgirl.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-22-2021 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, I don't think the story will treat Cassandra and Stephanie as almost 20. I'm pretty sure they will treat them as around 16 (the solicitations seem to imply don't have driver's licenses).
    Not everybody automatically gets a driver's license when they turn the age they legally can, and that may be even more true with city-dwellers who may not have a family vehicle.

And as point of fact, my Mom (who turned 91 this summer) didn't get a driver's license until she was 53. In the town in NJ where we lived, she had easy access to the local bus, and she'd get my Dad (or later on us kids) to drive her to places where the bus would not be practical.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

In the mobile game DC Legends Cass is using the Orphan costume but she's simply called Cassandra Cain. The other characters are using their superhero title, or for Jace, Batman: Jace Fox.

The tagline of her under her name is The One Who is All.