10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Right now, I was thinking why not give us a permanent Storm in elemental form so everybody can stop talking about Storm's skin color/tone.

But I love african-american Storm with white hair, white eyebrows and blue eyes and those characteristics make her a more unique comic character as well as more interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Right now, I was thinking why not give us a permanent Storm in elemental form so everybody can stop talking about Storm's skin color/tone.

But I love african-american Storm with white hair, white eyebrows and blue eyes and those characteristics make her a more unique comic character as well as more interesting.
    The only one that needs to stop talking about her skin tone is you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    ok. Let's talk about something else. I actually have an interesting topic for Storm but i'll saved it on the Storm month.

This is so disappointing, I actually liked Shipp as Storm but she needs leave.

LMAO! Storm's over it

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    http://atlantablackstar.com/2018/03/...black-panther/

I'm sorry but she's completely wrong here.
    Well I don’t want to see Shipp reprise her role as Storm, since I don’t think she has the chops to handle the role and do it justice.
    However, I completely agree with her here.

I often don’t engage in the skin color discussions when it comes to Storm, but while I am not opposed to a dark skinned actress who can deliver us a bad ass Storm I don’t think a light skinned black woman who can deliver a bad ass Storm should have to turn The role down for not being dark enough.

This was a quick and precise cut.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

LMAO! Storm's over it
    Lol

10 char

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

#Facts
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    What did she say during the aaliyah movie?
    It was just her family and a lot of fans were against the making of the movie, I mean as someone said they couldn’t even use the music it was just a mess.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Well I don’t want to see Shipp reprise her role as Storm, since I don’t think she has the chops to handle the role and do it justice.

I often don’t engage in the skin color discussions when it comes to Storm, but while I am not opposed to a dark skinned actress who can deliver us a bad ass Storm I don’t think a light skinned black woman who can deliver a bad ass Storm should have to turn The role down for not being dark enough.
    No one said she had to turn it down well not me at least but so far with Storm we have gotten mixed women to play her there’s nothing wrong with wanting something different onscreen for the next interaction of the character. How she worded what she was saying was what threw me and it something as her being a mixed actress won’t understand. Should she turn a role because it’s a full on black woman no she should not but it’s all in context and she is really rubbing people the wrong way constantly which will affect her career.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    No one said she had to turn it down well not me at least but so far with Storm we have gotten mixed women to play her there’s nothing wrong with wanting something different onscreen for the next interaction of the character. How she worded what she was saying was what threw me and it something as her being a mixed actress won’t understand. Should she turn a role because it’s a full on black woman no she should not but it’s all in context and she is really rubbing people the wrong way constantly which will affect her career.
    Why this chick doesn't have better PR agents, I'll never know. Then again, her career got off to a bad start when she decided to play Aaliyah despite objection from the singers family.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    This is so disappointing, I actually liked Shipp as Storm but she needs leave.
    I just remembered. I think it's been a while I haven't mentioned .... ....y

I think Marvel will be hiring another black actress to play as Storm

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Why this chick doesn't have better PR agents, I'll never know. Then again, her career got off to a bad start when she decided to play Aaliyah despite objection from the singers family.
    especially since she is antagonizing her main audience, the black audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post

I am mixed, half and half, like Halle and Alexandra, but I don't agree(even though I serve better Storm than both of them). It's a matter of truth. Trevor Noah is South African and can speak Xhosa, but I would never support him being cast as Shaka Zulu, for example. I get that people need to work, but there are plenty of roles which can be any race. If a character is specifically supposed to be one ethnicity or another, casting should reflect that as much as possible, and using actors who are half-white for a character that is not is a subtle form of racism. Alexandra needs to work on her craft and get better management/agents, not try to twist and turn to justify systemic racism which she benefits from.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Oh boy, saw preview of Gold...cant wait for the thread to rant.